Best Buy Review: Fitbit Versa 3 Smartwatch with Voice Assistant, GPS & 24/7 HR in Olive Green
Table of Contents
I’ve been a faithful Fitbit user for many years! My first Fitbit was a Fitbit Zip that I clipped to the inside of my shirt. I’ve also owned a Fitbit Flex and a Fitbit Charge 3. While I was a happy Fitbit Charge 3 owner, I was looking for more features and a more fashionable look, and that’s why I tried out the Fitbit Versa 3 Smartwatch in Olive Green, which is an exclusive colour to Best Buy. While I knew the Versa 3 would be a step up from my previous Fitbit, I was surprised to find that it really is a full-featured smartwatch.
Here’s what I liked about the Fitbit Versa 3 Smartwatch with Voice Assistant, GPS and 24/7 HR in Olive Green:
- The colour is great. I wear a lot of black and a lot of chambray and olive green is the perfect accent colour. It goes with everything.
- The display is crystal clear, packed with information, and incredibly clever. I’m using one of the always-on watch faces that displays the time of day at all times, and then comes to life with a more robust display when you lift your wrist. Previous iterations of smart watches have gotten dinged for having a blank display when they’re not in use, and the Fitbit Versa 3 has solved this problem beautifully. There are hundreds of Fitbit clock faces available and there is something for absolutely everyone.
- Initial set-up was simple and charging is so easy -- the charger is magnetic and snaps right on, which is a real improvement from the old cradle-style chargers I've used in the past.
- The majority of the information on the Fitbit app is available on the watch. I can see how many steps I’ve taken, how many flights of stairs I’ve climbed, how long I slept the night before (and how well I slept -- I am obsessed with this data), and how many steps I’ve taken in the past hour (as part of the 250 steps/hour goal).
- With Google Assistant and Amazon Alexa integrated into the Fitbit Versa 3, I can easily set reminders, check the weather, set alarms and control my Google mini Home (or any other Google Smart Home device I might get).
- Integrated GPS means I can leave my phone at home and still get accurate tracking for any outdoor running, walking or biking that I do.
- The Fitbit Versa 3 is fully waterproof. Pre-pandemic, I went to Mexico every year and was always a little frustrated that my hours of outdoor, open-water swims weren’t reflected in my fitness tracker data. I’m really excited to wear this smartwatch when I travel next year.
More than any of these features, probably the thing I like most is how much less frequently I pick up my phone now. At the beginning of the month, I decided to cut down on the amount of time I spent on my phone. The Fitbit Versa 3 has been an incredible tool for this. Previously, I’d pick up my phone during my workday because I got an alert or needed a 2FA code that I knew had been sent. But after I got the information I needed I would continue to browse. There’s definitely nothing wrong with looking at your phone a little during the day …. but when you pick it up to read a seven-digit number and then find yourself scrolling through Twitter five minutes later, you’re probably not being as efficient as you could be.
While the Fitbit Versa 3 has a nice, long-lasting battery and can go up to six days without a charge, I prefer to wear it all day, charge it for 60-90 minutes while I’m winding down at the end of the day, and then put it back on to track my sleep. Initially, I didn’t think I would be very interested in tracking my sleep, but as I said above, I’m absolutely obsessed with this data. Fitbit analyzes your sleep stages, oxygen variation, heart rate, restlessness and more and awards you a Sleep Score ranging from 0 to 100. And I loved seeing all of that data (especially the score -- I’m a perfectionist at heart and getting a “good” Sleep Score of 80 or above absolutely delights me). Plus? Getting firm, irrefutable evidence about the time I go to sleep each night has really encouraged me to go to bed a bit earlier.
All in all, I’m a huge fan of the Fitbit Versa 3. I thought that I would like it, but I ended up loving it. It’s full-featured, well-powered and easy to use -- and it looks good too! The Fitbit Versa 3 in the Best Buy-exclusive Olive Green is available here. You can find the whole family of Fitbit Versa 3 colours here.