The most important meal of the day is coming to Wendy's, where the burger chain will be launching their all-new breakfast menu in Canada on May 2.
Originally teased in February, this will be the first time Wendy's will serve a dedicated breakfast menu across all Canadian locations, as the chain looks to emulate the success of other well-established fast food breakfast competitors like A&W, McDonald's and Tim Hortons.
At launch, the Wendy's breakfast menu will consist of seven food items, including some that pay homage to Wendy's familiar non-breakfast favourites.
- Breakfast Baconator – a grilled square sausage patty with two slices of cheese, six strips of bacon, a freshly-cracked egg, covered in a warm Swiss cheese hollandaise-style sauce and served on a premium toasted bun
- Frosty-ccino – cold brew coffee with chocolate or vanilla Frosty flavour, served over ice
- Seasoned Potatoes – half-moon seasoned potatoes with a blend of spices, served crispy and piping hot
- Classic Sausage or Bacon, Egg & Cheese Sandwich – a freshly-cracked egg with your choice of a grilled square sausage patty or oven-baked smoked bacon, plus melted cheese on a freshly-toasted and buttered breakfast roll
- Sausage or Bacon, Egg & Cheese Biscuit – a freshly-cracked egg on a fluffy buttermilk biscuit with your choice of grilled square sausage patty or oven-baked smoked bacon and melted cheese
- Sausage Biscuit – a grilled, square sausage patty on a fluffy buttermilk biscuit, baked fresh in-restaurant
- Sausage or Bacon, Egg & Swiss Croissant – a freshly-cracked egg with your choice of a grilled square sausage patty or oven-baked smoked bacon, covered in savoury Swiss cheese sauce and served on a 120-layer flaky croissant
All breakfast items are made with Canadian Grade A eggs and Canadian beef (shaped into Wendy's iconic square patties, of course). In addition to the seven mouth-watering foods, Wendy's will be introducing an all-new signature coffee, brewed with 100% Arabica beans from South America and roasted in Canada.
"Our culinary team spent two years conducting extensive research to deliver this breakfast menu that is bound to change morning routines," said Wendy's International Culinary Innovation Manager Hayley Kianoff. "We tested 15 different menu concepts with more than 3700 Canadian quick service consumers to make sure we got it right. The Breakfast Baconator and the Bacon, Egg and Swiss Croissant received high ratings by consumers, while our seasoned potatoes are all but guaranteed to be among fan favourites."
Wendy's breakfast menu is scheduled to launch at over 400 locations across Canada on Monday, May 2 and you can taste the hype in-restaurant or by ordering through your favourite food delivery apps.
Source: Wendy's Canada