Question: How much do you plan to spend on Holiday Shopping and Entertaining in 2022?
34.10% of our respondents said between $100-$500 and another 34.24% said between $501-$1,000. Only 7.53% is planning on spending more than $2,000.
Question: In general, do you plan to spend more or less on Holiday Shopping in 2022 (compared to 2021)?
40.11% said they'd spend more this year and 59.89% said they would spend less.
Question: Do you plan to purchase gifts during Black Friday/Cyber Monday?
A whopping 86.84% of our respondents said yes!
Question: Have your holiday spending plans changed in the last three months?
42.21% of our respondents said no, 43.47% said yes, I am now planning on spending LESS and 14.31% said yes, I am now planning on spending MORE.
Question: If your holiday spending plans have changed, what factors played a part? (Select all that apply.)
- My income has dropped/I have experienced loss of employment - 13.74%
- Retail prices have increased - 70.94%
- My household bills have increased - 48.54%
- Fuel costs have increased - 49.63%
- I am concerned about rising mortgage costs due to increasing interest rates - 33.31%
- I have variable-rate loans, other than a mortgage, that I am worried about - 11.91%
- I want to focus on saving - 36.22%
- I am concerned about economic instability and the possibility of inflation - 48.29%
- I am concerned about political instability - 16.07%