If you're looking to do your holiday shopping online in 2020, you'll already know that this year is like no other. Lockdowns and restrictions are closing brick and mortar stores, and people are opting to buy more online as they stay close to home, which means that this year you'll want to pay extra attention to holiday shipping deadlines from your favourite retailers.
As of early December, a number of stores have yet to provide shipping deadlines, but most are asking customers to do their shopping early if they'll need their items before Christmas. Carriers such as Canada Post have tried to increase the scale of their operations for the holiday season, but are joining retailers in asking Canadians to shop early.
If you're looking for an idea of how much longer you have to shop online to get your gifts in time, we've compiled a list of retailers who have provided deadlines for you below.
- Abercrombie & Fitch - December 6 (standard)
- adidas - December 16
- Amazon - Date varies by store location and shipping method. Amazon will inform you if the item will arrive in time
- Apple - Deadlines start as early as November 20 and vary by product -- check online for more details
- Ardene - December 1 (NU, NT, and YT), December 7 (BC), December 8 (NL, AB), December 9 (MB), December 11 (PE, SK), December 12 (NS, NB), December 13 (ON), December 14 (QC)
- Aritzia - December 15 at 1 PM ET (NS, NL, NB, PE, NU, NT, and YT), December 23 by 11 AM PT (all other provinces)
- Best Buy - Date varies by store location and shipping method. Make sure to check shipping estimates on item pages
- The Body Shop - Deadlines start December 6 and vary depending on location and shipping method -- check online for more details
- Call It Spring - December 15
- Canadian Tire - December 8 (MB), December 16 (Vancouver, Calgary, Edmonton, Greater Toronto Area, Ottawa, and Montreal), December 10 (all other regions)
- The Children's Place - December 15 by 5 PM ET
- Clinique - December 15 by 2 PM ET (standard), December 18 by 2 PM ET (express)
- eBay - Date varies by store location and shipping method. Make sure to check shipping estimates on item pages
- Globo Shoes - December 15
- H&M - Currently no deadline posted, however H&M warns that delivery could arrive 12-16 business days after order confirmation
- Hollister - December 6 (standard), December 12 (in-store pickup)
- Hudson's Bay - Deadlines start December 4 and vary depending on location and shipping method -- check online for more details
- Indigo - December 9 (GTA, Windsor, Montreal and Ottawa), December 7 (other major urban centres and ship-to-store orders), December 3 (other locations)
- Lululemon - December 20 at 11:59 PM PT (FedEx orders only)
- M.A.C December 4 at 2 PM ET (rutal & remote locations), December 11 at 6 PM ET (standard), December 18 at 6 PM (express)
- Michaels - December 13 (standard ground shipping)
- Michael Kors - December 16 at 11:59 AM ET (standard), December 21 at 11:59 AM (2-day), December 11 at 11:59 AM ET (personalized orders)
- Nike - December 9
- Penningtons - December 15
- Reitmans - December 15
- RW & Co. - December 15
- Sorel Footwear - December 14 at 10 PM PST (standard & express for most provinces), December 15 at 10 PM PST (standard for ON and QC), December 19 at 10 PM PST (express for ON and QC)
- Suzy Shier- Deadlines start December 2 and vary depending on location and shipping method -- check online for more details
- Urban Decay - December 14 (expedited), December 15 (xpress), December 16 (priority)
- Walmart - Varies by item, province and shipping method. See site for details
Each site provides approximate shipping dates only. Volume, location, weather, and other factors could cause further delays. Many retailers are dealing with an increased demand for online products, so you may have to wait longer than normal for your package to arrive. If you're worried about your items arriving on time, many stores are now providing ship-to-store or curbside pickup for online orders.
Didn't see the store you were looking for on our list? Some stores have not yet provided a holiday shipping deadline, so keep checking back, as we'll be sure to update as more dates become available!