Fall is a great time of year to make your bed even more comfortable with the right accessories. After all, the cooler nights can make it harder to feel warm and cozy, and that might get in the way of your ability to fall asleep fast and stay asleep through the night.
Check out the tips below to learn about a few easy ways that you can use fall sleep accessories to make your bed stylish, inviting, and ultra-comfy.
It Starts with Comfort and Support
To get a great night’s sleep, your bed has to feel good. If it isn’t comfortable, you’ll likely be tossing and turning all night, and you’ll end up feeling tired, rather than rested, when it’s time to get up in the morning.
Thankfully, there are mattress toppers that can make your bed feel amazing, even if your mattress isn’t in the best shape. And there are weighted blankets that can also help you fall asleep by hugging your body and making you feel secure and cozy.
The right mattress topper can transform the way that your bed feels. When you can’t afford to replace your mattress, this might be a good way to make it feel firmer, softer, warmer, or cooler, depending on what you need and prefer.
Here are two mattress toppers that we recommend:
- eLuxury Extra Plush Bamboo Fitted Mattress Topper — Made of a natural fiber to be more eco-friendly, this topper provides medium support.
- Avocado Mattress Topper — This topper is made of natural materials like wool, which can help keep you warm on cool fall nights.
The feeling of a weighted blanket on your body may help you if you have trouble sleeping, and it might be helpful if your lack of sleep is caused by anxiety or stress. There are a lot of options on the market today, so you can select the one that provides just the right amount of weight to help you rest.
Here are a couple of products we recommend:
- YNM Weighted Blanket — Featuring an organic cotton cover, this blanket will retain heat, so it can be a nice addition to your bed during the cooler months of the year.
- Dr. Hart’s Weighted Blanket — Designed to help reduce stress and anxiety, this weighted blanket works by targeting specific pressure points to help you feel calmer and ready to sleep.
Warm Up on Chilly Nights
On cold autumn nights, snuggling under a warm blanket can’t be beat, but if your regular one isn’t cutting it, consider getting an electric blanket. Or, you can even go with a heated mattress pad to make your entire bed warmer.
While a mattress pad will rest on top of your mattress, providing warmth under your body, a heated blanket will rest on your body, so you can choose the one that you’d prefer.
Using a heated blanket can help you feel nice and toasty, which means you might even be able to turn the heat down and save on your energy bills too.
Here are a couple of options we recommend checking out:
- Sunbeam Microplush Heated Blanket — This electric blanket is soft and lightweight, making it a nice choice for the autumn season, when you might not want or need a thick blanket just yet.
- Biddeford Blankets Comfort Knit Heated Blanket — This is a slightly plush electric blanket that is lightweight and machine washable, and it features 10 heat settings so you can choose the right temperature, whether you need a lot of heat or just a little.
Like heated blankets, heated mattress pads are a good choice if you tend to feel cold when you go to sleep at night. And they might even help with relieving aches and pains naturally.
Here are two items we think are worth looking into:
- Sunbeam Quilted Heated Mattress Pad with EasySet Pro Controller — This electric blanket is soft and lightweight, making it a nice choice for the autumn season, when you might not want or need a thick blanket just yet.
- Beautyrest Heated Mattress Pad — This pad has five temperature settings, so you can adjust it to provide your ideal level of warmth. And, for safety, it will automatically turn itself off after 10 hours.
Don't Let Cooler Temperatures Make You Uncomfortable
With the right fall sleep accessories for your bed, you can ensure that you’ll feel super comfortable, warm, and cozy every night, even when the temperature drops unexpectedly as the seasons change. A few simple and affordable adjustments, from adding a mattress topper to using a heated blanket, can make a big difference in how you feel and how much rest you can get.