Movie lovers will be able to watch films on the big screen in July, as Cineplex is set to re-open theatres in select regions across Canada.
All Cineplex locations in Canada have been closed since March due to the COVID-19 pandemic, but over 40 theatres in seven provinces will be open as of Friday, July 3, including all theatres in Alberta and eight in British Columbia.
- Alberta – all theatres
- British Columbia – Cineplex Cinemas Langley, Cineplex Cinemas Metropolis, Cineplex Cinemas Orchard Plaza, Cineplex Cinemas Strawberry Hill, Galaxy Cinemas Nanaimo, Scotiabank Theatre Vancouver, SilverCity Riverport Cinemas, SilverCity Victoria Cinemas
- New Brunswick – Cineplex Cinemas Dieppe, Cineplex Cinemas Fredericton, Cineplex Cinemas Saint John
- Newfoundland – Scotiabank Theatre St. John's
- Nova Scotia – Cineplex Cinemas Dartmouth Crossing, Scotiabank Theatre Halifax
- Quebec – Cineplex Cinemas Kirkland, Cineplex Cinemas Laval, Cineplex Odeon Brossard, Cineplex Odeon Latin Quarter, Cineplex Odeon Ste. Foy, Galaxy Cinemas Sherbrooke, Scotiabank Theatre Montreal, Starcite Gatineau Cinemas
- Saskatchewan – Cineplex Cinemas Southland, Cineplex Cinemas The Centre
There is currently no timetable for theatres in Manitoba, Ontario or Prince Edward Island. Cineplex is taking a phased approach to re-opening and more theatres will be opened gradually throughout the month of July, in accordance with government guidelines and public health recommendations.
All theatres will have enhanced health and safety measures to protect guests and staff, including hand sanitizing stations, physical distancing markers, regular cleaning of high-contact surfaces, reduced seating capacities, staggered seating arrangements and reserved seating in all auditoriums. Masks or face coverings are recommended and will be available for free to guests.
Cineplex will be screening several early-2020 releases including Bad Boys for Life, Birds of Prey, Sonic The Hedgehog, The Invisible Man and more, as nearly all movies slated for release this summer were delayed. Tickets to all showtimes will be $5.00 ($2.99 on Tuesdays), regardless of format, to encourage movie-goers back to theatres.
Visit Cineplex's Health and Safety landing page to learn more about their enhanced safety measures in theatres across Canada.