Camping is a fun way to escape the hustle and bustle of everyday life and reconnect with nature. But before you head off into the woods for some quiet and solitude, consider making your own dehydrated snacks to keep your energy level up and to give your body the nutrition that it needs.
First Things First: Get a High-Quality Dehydrator
To get the best dehydrated snacks for your next camping trip, or for snack time in general, you need a great food dehydrator. The main types of dehydrators are vertical dehydrators, which are typically round, and horizontal dehydrators, which are typically shaped like a box.
Features to consider while you shop include:
- Wattage – the higher the wattage, the faster the product will work
- Size – round dehydrators are usually the better choice when you don’t have a lot of space to use and store your dehydrator
- Materials – plastic and stainless steel are common options
- Capacity – consider how many snacks you want to make at once, as this will help you figure out whether you should go with a smaller vertical dehydrator or a larger horizontal model
Some of the top dehydrators for beginners include:
- Nesco FD-1040 Gardenmaster
- Nesco FD-75A Snackmaster Pro
- Aicok Electric Food Dehydrator
- Presto 06301 Dehydro Digital
- Hamilton Beach 32100A Digital Food Dehydrator
Why Make Your Own Dehydrated Snacks?
You might be wondering why you should bother investing in a dehydrator and using it to make snacks, rather than going to the store and buying some that are already prepared. Well, there are several health benefits that you can derive from taking this approach, and they include:
- You can reduce your consumption of processed and packaged foods that contain high amounts of sugar, sodium, fat, preservatives, and artificial ingredients.
- Dehydrating your own food might help you save money, especially if you’re dehydrating fruits and vegetables that you’ve grown in your own garden.
- You can make your own all-natural, nutritious snacks and be in total control over the quality of the ingredients that you use.
Recipes That Are Worth Tryingcrispy potato chips. fruit leather with your dehydrator.
It’s Easy to Make Yummy, Natural Snacks for Your Next Camping Trip!
The next time you’re planning a camping getaway to spend time in the great outdoors alone or with friends and family, consider preparing a variety of healthy snacks at home using a food dehydrator. You might be able to make a lot of food without needing to spend a lot of money, and you can control the ingredients that you’ll be eating to keep your energy up while you’re enjoying all of your favorite outdoor activities.