We've compiled a list of Black-owned businesses in Toronto and the GTA. Supporting Black-owned businesses is one small way to sustain the Black community as protests continue here in Toronto and around the world. This is not an exhaustive list -- there are hundreds of other Black-owned businesses in Toronto and the GTA -- but it is a start, and we'll be adding to it in the coming weeks and days.
Apparel and Accessories
- Afrodelik.com sells apparel and accessories for men, women and children.
- 4YE sells hats, beanies, durags and apparel online.
- Adrift offers skateboarding gear and apparel.
- Brimz Official sells hats, apparel, custom caps and more online.
- By Pseudonym is a second-hand clothing store offering apparel from a variety of high-end and everyday fashion retailers.
- Comeback Season sells apparel and accessories.
- Dr Liza Shoes sells leather high heels and flats online.
- Enarmoured sells handmade brass and silver earrings online.
- Exclucity sells apparel and footwear online.
- FredVanVleet.ca sells FVV apparel, hats and outerwear online.
- Fresh Rejects is a Toronto-based apparel company selling funny tees, hoodies, face masks and mugs.
- Freshmen Clothing sells apparel and accessories online.
- Get Fresh Company sells apparel in stores in Toronto and Mississauga as well as online.
- Mark Paul Atelier sells small leather goods and bespoke apparel.
- Perfect Tees Online is a Hamilton-based retailer selling original graphic tees online.
- Reynah Armure sells jewellery, accessories, beauty products and more online.
- Shop Lost In sells city-centric tees and other apparel.
- Simplicity sells apparel and accessories online.
- Studio D Shoe Boutique sells shoes in-store (by appointment) and online.
- Snapback Tiara sells apparel and jewellery for women.
- Toni Marlow sells underwear for everyone.
- 416 Wheels & Tires offers wheels, tires, and automotive services.
- Black Tires is a network of tire shops and tire vendors in the GTA.
- Teslasine is Canada's first green luxury transportation service.
Beauty and Hair Care
- All Natural Cosmetics has been manufacturing and selling skincare, hair care, styling products and more since 2002.
- All Star Beauty sells hair and skin care, extensions, wigs, accessories and more.
- Chic + Savvy Beauty has been selling hair care products and extensions in Toronto since 2012.
- Clean Slate Soap Co. sells handmade soap and bath products online.
- Essentials by Temi sells skincare and beauty accessories online.
- Honey Fig sells all-natural hair care and skincare.
- KyRoche Beauty Supplies sells hair products and accessories online.
- A Different Booklist offers online shopping as well as curbside pickup at their 779 Bathurst Street store.
- Blooming Flower Bar (currently closed due to Covid-19).
- E-Skate TO sells electric skateboards and accessories in Toronto and online.
- Fresh Paint Studio + Cafe has online workshops, courses and paint nights.
- Knowledge Bookstore sells books online and in their Brampton store.
- Pro League Sports offers online sales plus curbside pick-up and local delivery.
Household Goods and Groceries
- The Green Jar offers sustainable products and a Refillery of package-free products. Currently offering contactless pickup and online shopping.
- Caribbean Corner Grocery in Kensington Market, Toronto.
- Craftsman Shutter provides custom-built shutters and blinds.
- Nerpy's sells hot sauces in stores across Ontario, and online via their Etsy store.
Additionally, this Google Doc contains a comprehensive list of Black-owned restaurants.