There are a variety of fitness products that can suit everyone on your holiday gift list, from the fitness buff to the person who’s just starting a workout routine. Figuring out what the perfect present could be for those individuals, though, might be a bit of a challenge.
That’s why we’ve compiled a list of ideas with the help of FitRated’s survey on good vs. bad gifts. As the holiday season rapidly approaches and you start shopping for everyone on your list, hopefully this guide will help you come up with some great surprises.
The Right Gear Can Enhance Anyone’s At-Home Workouts
Do you know someone who prefers to exercise at home? In that case, consider gifting them some workout gear that will give them more options when it comes to strengthening and toning every muscle group.
Kettlebells don’t take up a lot of space at all, yet they’re versatile enough to help you work on everything from your legs and arms to your chest and core. Check out convenient adjustable kettlebells like:
- Stamina 36-Pound Adjustable Kettle Versa-Bell
- Powerblock Adjustable Kettlebell
- Kettlebell Kings Adjustable Kettlebell
Adjusted dumbbells are also convenient because they can save space yet still help you achieve an effective workout for your upper and lower body. Great options include:
- Bowflex SelectTech 552 Adjustable Dumbbells
- Universal Selectorized 445 PowerPak Adjustable Dumbbells with Stand
- PowerBlock Elite 90 Adjustable 50 to 90-Pounds per Dumbbell Set
- Ironmaster 75 lb Quick-Lock Adjustable Dumbbell System with Stand
Other helpful accessories include:
- Resistance bands
- Foam rollers
- Straps for stretching
- Stability balls
Go Big with Gym Equipment
Are you shopping for someone special and willing to spend a lot of money? Then the sky’s the limit when browsing fitness equipment that can be used at home.
- For the runner who wants to be able to exercise indoors when the weather isn’t ideal, the right treadmill will make the perfect gift.
- For the person who wants to be able to do cardio without straining their joints, a high-quality elliptical is a smart way to go.
- For the cyclist who doesn’t want to spend tons of money on classes, an exercise bike, like a Peloton, could be the best surprise.
- For the bodybuilder who wants to gain and maintain strength, a home gym that challenges every muscle is solid choice.
Wearable Fitness Tech Is Huge
Keeping tabs on your heart rate, calories burned, and more has never been easier, thanks to wearable workout tech. And this is one of the most popular categories of fitness gifts for people of all ages.Fitness trackers make it a snap to monitor and track your workout performance. Some of the most highly reviewed trackers include:
- Fitbit (models include the Charge, Versa, and Ionic)
- Garmin Forerunner 935 (which comes with GPS)
- Garmin Vivoactive HR (which is waterproof)
- Bellabeat Leaf (which looks like jewelry and can be worn as a necklace, bracelet, or clip)
Heart Rate Monitors Are Always Helpful
Heart rate monitors also make great gifts. These come in various forms that include chest straps, watches, and earbuds (yes, earbuds!), so you can select the ideal product for every gift recipient based on what you think they’d like and use the most.
- The Polar FT4 Heart Rate Monitor is a watch that can be worn anywhere.
- Some of the top chest straps include the Polar H10 Heart Rate Sensor and the Wahoo TICKR X Heart Rate Monitor and Workout Tracker.
- The Bose SoundSport headphones are a good choice when it comes to earbuds that can play your favorite songs and track your heart rate while you exercise.
Smarter Scales Provide More Details for Weight Loss
A smart scale can be used along with apps and wearables so you can gain more insight into various aspects of your health, such as your body fat and water percentages, muscle and bone mass, BMI (body mass index), BMR (basal metabolic rate), visceral fat, and more.
There are smart scales to fit any budget, and you can find models that range from basic to advanced in terms of the information that they provide. A few great examples include:
- iHealth Core Smart Scale
- Eufy BodySense Smart Scale
- Weight Gurus Bluetooth Smart Scale
- Yunmai Smart Scale
A Few Final Gift Ideas to Consider
If none of the options above are a good fit, there are still plenty of other fun gift ideas in the world of fitness, such as:
- Workout apparel
- Yoga accessories
- Workout DVDs and online subscriptions
- Gym memberships
Overall, this is a great category to look in when you’re stumped for gift ideas this holiday season. Whether you’re shopping for a beginner or someone who’s a pro at the gym, there’s something for everyone who wants to take their fitness routine to the next level.