E3 2019 is here, and that means plenty of new video game announcements to look forward to! Sunday kicked off with a presentation from Microsoft and there's a lot of great things to unpack, so we've gathered up some of the key announcements for you here on RedFlagDeals!
One of the final announcements of Microsoft's conference today was so big that it's worth mentioning first -- Project Scarlett, a.k.a the next-generation of Xbox console. While we don't have a look at the console or its complete specs, Microsoft did reveal a few tidbits during their presentation. Firstly, this upcoming console will be their most powerful yet. Microsoft has partnered with AMD to make a new processor that's reportedly 4 times as powerful as the processor currently used in the Xbox One X. During a pre-recorded video, Xbox employees also revealed that the console will have 8K resolution, frame rates up to 120fps, faster load times, and a new generation SSD.
The console is expected to launch holiday 2020.
Xbox Game Pass for PC
If you're a PC gamer, you might be excited to hear that Microsoft is expanding their Game Pass program to PC. The service is expected to include up to 100 games by this August including Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Imperator: Rome, and Football Manager 2019.
The Xbox Game Pass for PC is available in open beta now and costs $11.99 per month. However, if you play Xbox games on console and PC, you can opt for the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, which entitles you to Xbox Game Pass, Xbox Game Pass for PC, and Xbox Live Gold for $16.99 per month. During E3, you can sign up for a new membership and get your first 30 days for just $1.00.
Game Demos and Announcements
Microsoft showed off a number of games during today's conference, including some system exclusives. Some highlights include:
- The Outer Worlds - Coming October 25
- Bleeding Edge - Technical Alpha starts June 27
- Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Coming February 11, 2020
- Minecraft Dungeons - Coming Spring 2020
- Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order - Coming November 15
- Blair Witch - Coming August 30
- Cyberpunk 2077 - New Footage revealing Keanu Reeves. Coming April 16, 2020
- Spiritfarer - First look
- Battletoads - New Footage
- The Legend of Wright - Coming 2020
- Dead State Drive
- Microsoft Flight Simulator - for PC and Xbox
- Age of Empires II: Definitive Edition - Coming Fall 2019
- Wasteland 3
- Psychonaughts 2 - for Xbox One and PC
- LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga - All 9 Films Coming 2020
- Dragon Ball Z Kakarot - Coming early 2020
- 12 Minutes
- Way into the Woods - Coming 2020
- Gears 5 - September 10
- Dying Light 2 - Coming Spring 2020
- Forza Horizon 4: LEGO Speed Champions - New Expansion, coming June 13
- Gears POP! - Pre-register now for iOS and Android
- State of Decay 2: Heartland - New expansion available now
- Phantasy Star Online 2 - Coming 2020
- Crossfire X - From Smilegate, coming 2020
- Tales of Arise - Coming 2020
- Borderlands 3 - September 13 (new Borderlands 2 DLC setting up the new game available now)
- Elden Ring - directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki in collaboration with George R.R. Martin
- Halo Infinite - Launching with Project Scarlett, coming holiday 2020
Many of the games shown today will also be available on Xbox Game Pass at launch.
Did you tune into Microsoft's E3 presentation? What are you looking forward to the most? Let us know your thoughts in the comments!