The newest movie in the M. Night Shyamalan cinematic universe is coming soon and you can start 2019 by watching the next chapter of the Unbreakable trilogy, because Glass is scheduled to hit theatres on January 18!
It's a fairly light month for new movies, but you can turn back the clock and see a couple of classic movies at Cineplex, because their Flashback Film Series is back and you can watch Smokey and the Bandit or Superman on the big screen for just $6.99 throughout January.
Here's what's coming to movie theares in January 2019 -- all major movies are included, but some limited-engagement events have been omitted.
- Escape Room
- Mojin: The Worm Valley (Mandarin with English subtitles)
- Smokey and the Bandit (Flashback Film Series)
- Take Point (Korean with English subtitles)
- La Fanciulla del West (Puccini) (Metropolitan Opera Encore, Italian with English subtitles)
- Rachel Hollis Presents: Made for More
- Yolki Posledine (Christmas Trees. Final) (Russian with English subtitles)
- A Dog's Way Home
- Do Dooni Panj (Punjabi with English subtitles)
- Dragon Ball Super: Broly
- The Upside
- Adriana Lecouvreur (Cilea) (Metropolitan Opera, Italian with English subtitles)
- Alpha (Family Favourites)
- The Death of Superman + Reign of the Supermen (Double Feature)
- The Great North: From Greenland to Siberia (Passport to the World)
- The Sound of Music (Classic Films)
- Cold War (Polish with English subtitles)
- Kaka Ji (Punjabi with English subtitles)
- Stan & Ollie
- Superman (Flashback Film Series)
- Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (Family Favourites)
- Bring It On (VIP)
- BTS World Tour: Love Yourself in Seoul (Korean)
- Marnie (Muhly) (Metropolitan Opera Encore)
- Smallfoot (Family Favourites)
- The Gandhi Murder (Hindi with English subtitles)
All movies are linked to their Cineplex page to make ordering tickets easier, but most releases are also available at other theatres including Imagine Cinemas, Landmark Cinemas or Rainbow Cinemas. Some movies are available in multiple formats at Cineplex -- read our guide to learn what each one has to offer and find more tips on how to save money at the movies!