Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

WDTV Live network media player - $99.99 at Dell.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2011 11:56 am
Jan 8, 2009
32 posts
Thanks for the sharing. Just one question, if I want to use this thing to watch the online video or even youtube online. Is that possible? or is that possible on ASUS O!PLAY since I do not download video too much now. Just watch them online. :razz:
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2627 posts
947 upvotes
peter0206 wrote: Thanks for the sharing. Just one question, if I want to use this thing to watch the online video or even youtube online. Is that possible? or is that possible on ASUS O!PLAY since I do not download video too much now. Just watch them online. :razz:
No web browsing (yet!), but it can access content from a limited number of sites including Youtube and Flickr.
Jan 8, 2009
32 posts
RedFlagRobot wrote: No web browsing (yet!), but it can access content from a limited number of sites including Youtube and Flickr.
Thanks a lot Sir. I got it, so maybe it is not the thing I am looking for, but it is still a very good product. :)
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
Asus O!Play can play Youtube's flv files. I downloaded them via Firefox DownloadHelper.
peter0206 wrote: Thanks for the sharing. Just one question, if I want to use this thing to watch the online video or even youtube online. Is that possible? or is that possible on ASUS O!PLAY since I do not download video too much now. Just watch them online. :razz:
Sep 29, 2005
233 posts
25 upvotes
Eldorado wrote: Not dead.. still showing $129 and available
Not for me , i've tried IE8 and Firefox
"Money is like a sixth sense without which you cannot make a complete use of the other five." -
-- W. Somerset Maugham
Deal Fanatic
Jun 11, 2001
9475 posts
1610 upvotes
You might be having the same issue as I was. I'm at work, US based IP... just click on the canadian logo (on ncix.com) and you'll see the discounted price. Weird, for once can$ price is cheaper :)

Hopefully still instock when I get home as I have my $10 gift card. -sg
atLANtic wrote: Not for me , i've tried IE8 and Firefox
...zzz...zzz...zzz...

www.heatware.com
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2002
1875 posts
576 upvotes
Not dead for me either - still showing up as $129.
Sep 29, 2005
233 posts
25 upvotes
sleepyguy wrote: You might be having the same issue as I was. I'm at work, US based IP... just click on the canadian logo (on ncix.com) and you'll see the discounted price. Weird, for once can$ price is cheaper :)

Hopefully still instock when I get home as I have my $10 gift card. -sg
Thanks m8 , you just set me back 146.99 :)
"Money is like a sixth sense without which you cannot make a complete use of the other five." -
-- W. Somerset Maugham
Dec 9, 2001
467 posts
8 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, I had pre-ordered this through Amazon and managed to cancel the order and get one going with NCIX.
Nov 25, 2004
405 posts
39 upvotes
atLANtic wrote: Deal is dead . Shows 149.99 and the wdtv is not available
F5

I am torn between the Asus and this one. Does WDTV Live have ISO playback?

If so, considering the picture quality on the Asus is not up to par I may just have to get this one.

A
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2003
8718 posts
1069 upvotes
Scarborough
It does play ISO without menu/chapter support. Someone did mention WD will fix that in upcoming firmware. Nobody from WD can confirm that.

I can't tell any PQ difference between old WDTV and Asus O!Play. Only reason I jump on this deal because WDTV Live has the new chipset with 512mb RAM/ROM. Asus O!Play has 128mb.
Gaffer wrote: F5

If so, considering the picture quality on the Asus is not up to par I may just have to get this one.

A
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2003
2176 posts
383 upvotes

A
Same question here, if PQ is better on this I want it hands down, will play everything i want, have no need to play RMVB files.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg

A
no,no dvd iso menu.Perhaps with a firmware update. I ordered the o!play a week last friday and it took a week to process the order. If you want it fast don't use a gift card. They like to punish people for using them.
O!play has 256 rom, 128 ram. The wdtv uses 512 for both. But they sure loaded up on the wifi drivers.
Jan 7, 2007
214 posts
106 upvotes
RedFlagRobot wrote: A lot of reviews suggest better picture quality than the Asus. The Asus does RMVB which some people want.
PQ is very subjective. I found the Asus and the WD to be equal in PQ. the Asus also has eSATA which helped sway my decision. It may not be important to everyone.

I am sure most people will be happy with whichever one ( WDTV live or Oplay) that they purchase..
Sep 21, 2008
404 posts
46 upvotes
Wasnt there a 3$ shipping code for NCIX or something?
I think I'll order it right now cuz that is a pretty hot price and I can't wait to start streaming videos from my computer!
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2004
1274 posts
46 upvotes
doylie wrote: PQ is very subjective. I found the Asus and the WD to be equal in PQ. the Asus also has eSATA which helped sway my decision. It may not be important to everyone.

I am sure most people will be happy with whichever one ( WDTV live or Oplay) that they purchase..
I was also concerned about what I read on the picture quality...
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
2018 posts
465 upvotes
Toronto
Civuck wrote: I think the general consensus will be yes, the WDTV Live is better than the ASUS O!Play to many.
That is not clear at all. I have an O!Play and also am awaiting the WDTV Live. Couldn't resist...have to stop reading here. Anyway...

O!Play: esata, Realtek, great streaming, less expensive, volume control, idx+sub, hdmi but no component

WD Live: usb, sigma, no volume control (so it appears), no idx+sub (so it appears), more ram/rom (that is important), hmi and component

They both play the same stuff (except that the O!Play has support for more things), are silent and are sold by brand name companies.

They both sound great. I love the O!Play and I suspect the WDTV Live will be just as much fun.

Cons: Neither has support for metadata ( description of files) to the extent that XBMC does.

pmcd
Dec 21, 2006
650 posts
23 upvotes
Richmond
pmcd wrote: Neither has support for metadata ( description of files) to the extent that XBMC does.
But the WDTV does have some support, right? In music, for example, you can browse by artist, genre, things like that, as opposed to only finding files by browsing folders? My understanding is that the WDTV has this, but O!Play doesn't, and it's one of the main reasons I'm leaning towards WDTV.
Deal Guru
Nov 21, 2002
12013 posts
4368 upvotes
Winnipeg
darren22 wrote: But the WDTV does have some support, right? In music, for example, you can browse by artist, genre, things like that, as opposed to only finding files by browsing folders? My understanding is that the WDTV has this, but O!Play doesn't, and it's one of the main reasons I'm leaning towards WDTV.
niether do, that requires a firmware mod. wdtv has thumbnail views on its stock firmware.

what you want is xmbc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)