Bikini model picketing for small investors in Toronto Sun and Metro News

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 4th, 2006 2:44 pm
Tags:
None
Jul 21, 2005
245 posts

Bikini model picketing for small investors in Toronto Sun and Metro News

Here's yesterday's release. You can see a picture of her in the Toronto Sun on page 46 in the Money section and in the Metro News page 3.

BIKINI MODEL PICKETING FOR SMALL INVESTORS MONDAY JUNE 26 AT KING AND BAY STREET

A lovely university student will be wearing a bikini on Monday, June 26 2006 at the corner of King and Bay Street from 12pm noon to 1pm. The protest is for small investors who are cheated by the investment banking establishment. She will be holding a sign reading
38 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2004
7557 posts
67 upvotes
page 46 in the toronto sun means it was a successful protest.
Back for a limited engagement.
Jul 21, 2005
245 posts
Her pic is also in Today's Metro News which is distributed by Torstar in and around the Subway system
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2004
7557 posts
67 upvotes
when is the protest for the exploitation of women?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3427 posts
196 upvotes
MODs: Time to merge the threads..

OP: We need some background story on why you are protesting!
The RFD Doctrine
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Banned
Jun 8, 2005
680 posts
15-20_God wrote:when is the protest for the exploitation of women?
Well women(and men) are being exploited on any ad or even political and/or religious event so I don't think the point you are trying to make from that perspective stands strong, on the other hand, the organizer's publicly hiring people to protest a cause that we don't know much (about the details) is obviously a source of curiousity.
People often say: "It tastes like sh!t". How do they know, what sh!t tastes like? :confused:

Save the Lebanese Civilians Petition

http://stopdestroyinglebanon.com/
Jul 21, 2005
245 posts
All the demonstrators were behind the cause, small investor fraud in the stock market affects everyone, many own a stock, mutual fund or have a pension like the CPP which now invests in the market. There's less money for social programs like Healthcare when people get ripped off.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2004
7557 posts
67 upvotes
dback42 wrote:All the demonstrators were behind the cause, small investor fraud in the stock market affects everyone, many own a stock, mutual fund or have a pension like the CPP which now invests in the market. There's less money for social programs like Healthcare when people get ripped off.
how are small investors defrauding the market?
Jul 21, 2005
245 posts
15-20_God wrote:how are small investors defrauding the market?
Isn't it obvious! Nortel, Bre-X, mutual fund market timing scandal, Enron, Worldcom, Conrad's Hollinger, Livent, Portus, Norbourg, there have been several income trust business collapses . I could seriously go on with this list for a long time. Check out www.investorvoice.ca . The head of the Small Investor Protection Association www.sipa.to estimates Canadian investors are ripped off to the tune of over $1billion a month
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
dback42, 15-20_God was just twisting your words by purposely interpreting "small investor fraud" as fraud by small investors rather than fraud against small investors.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2004
7557 posts
67 upvotes
dback42 wrote:Isn't it obvious! Nortel, Bre-X, mutual fund market timing scandal, Enron, Worldcom, Conrad's Hollinger, Livent, Portus, Norbourg, there have been several income trust business collapses . I could seriously go on with this list for a long time. Check out www.investorvoice.ca . The head of the Small Investor Protection Association www.sipa.to estimates Canadian investors are ripped off to the tune of over $1billion a month
how do you propose we change this or prevent it from happening altogether? which is the next big cap that you think will collapse?

is your purpose to bring attention to the issue or to propose a remedy?
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2003
3427 posts
196 upvotes
15-20_God wrote:how do you propose we change this or prevent it from happening altogether? which is the next big cap that you think will collapse?

Yes, please tell us of the next big investor scam so we can quickly short the stock...
:lol:
The RFD Doctrine
Toronto : Anywhere west of Montreal and east of Calgary.
Scarborough: Anywhere becomes Scarborough if it's a thread about crime.
Google: RFD is faster than Google. Make a thread if you need to find out what bus to take.
Jul 21, 2005
245 posts
15-20_God wrote:how do you propose we change this or prevent it from happening altogether? which is the next big cap that you think will collapse?

My purpose is more to bring attention to the issue and let the professional advocates fill in the details. There's lots of issues to cover including the statute of limitations reduction to two years instead of six, meaning if an investor is defrauded he now only has two years to run it thru the courts, a cumbersome process.

For starters I'd like to see the Chairman of the OSC, market watchdog, who is always an industry insider replaced with an investor advocate.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7432 posts
2245 upvotes
Etobicoke
Man, that was one LARGE bikini.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2004
7557 posts
67 upvotes
dback42 wrote:My purpose is more to bring attention to the issue and let the professional advocates fill in the details.

For starters I'd like to see the Chairman of the OSC, market watchdog, who is always an industry insider replaced with an investor advocate.
i agree with some of your issues, at the top i would recommend a national securities commission rather than having each province regulating their own borders. however, i would rather have a seasoned person who's worked in the industry as they would be in a better position to police it.

i do disagree with the execution of your message. paying students $20 to "get behind your cause" doesn't give you a lot of credibility, and having a girl in the bikini just removes any credibility you have left in your message.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)