Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Locked: Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

May 19, 2003
171 posts
71 upvotes
Etobicoke

[Rogers] Hot deal for Rogers Wireless Customers

Updated June 6, 2006

Thanks to akz from RFD for getting my journalistic juices flowing.

STARTER: What're we talking about
ARE YOU ENTITLED:
THE OBJECTIVE: Get a better deal/how?
STRATEGY:

STARTER:

The Rogers Customer Relations Department(CxR)# is: 1-888-936-7283 Or more Easily accessed by calling *611 (from your cell) and saying "cancel my phone" at the automated machine (This will connect you to Retentions (It will Not cancel your phone-Believe me-it takes a lot more than just that to cancel-but not much more mind you).

a.k.a. Loyalty
a.k.a. Special Duties Unit

This is a Dept created for the sole purposes of retaining unhappy Customers (Cx) who want to cancel. Cx of Rogers are supposed to call *611 (Customer Support (CxS)) initially and make their case. Upon determining that the Cx is sincere and won't budge, the rep is supposed to transfer you to CxR.

You can bypass calling CxS by calling direct-(*they know if you've been put through., or are calling directly)-this may impact results., hence my recommendation above.

CxR, has at their disposal special plans & features that no other departments have. They have these so that they can do their best to accomodate "frustrated" Cx's and to convince them to remain with Rogers Wireless (The Best cellphone network in Canada!!!).

WHO GETS IT:

Must be an existing customer of Rogers. How long...well you'd think at least 6 months-but I've read of people getting the standard plans after only a few-Rest assured that the scenario was very unique-and uncommon.

There is talk of things like tenure, monthly averages/overages, Cx profile impacting what sort of plans CxR will offer you, but as I don't work there I really don't know. I hope someone who does work there can shed some light on this.

It seems as though given your profile, along with the basic Retention plan other plans and add-ons may or may not become available to you as well-this may be why some people get certain plans while others don't-who knows.

STRATEGY:

The sad truth is that one of the proven experiences of CxR as well as most other departments with Rogers, is that results WILL (I repeat) WILL vary tremendously from one rep to the next It is HIT OR MISS. Nobody knows for sure why there is practically over a 50% difference in results that people have posted from one rep to the next.

If you call too much, expect a special star on your account (ahem-those aren't the same stars you got in kindergarten i.e. "bad").

Hand in hand with that motto is the following. CxR reps are human beings. Treat them with MORE respect than you would your pal. Reason being is that sure enough they've been having an earful earlier that shift and will only give you MORE grief if you don't play nice.

Good virtues to bring out when calling to upgrade your plan are: Humility, tact, respect, patience, kindness. These among others will get you what you want.

Ultimately, the best strategy for getting your ideal plan hasn't been determined, simply because RESULTS WILL VARY. 1 Cx can call in 5 times and each time get a difficult rep refusing to give anything but 250mins evenings at 8p.m. and CID for $25-nothing more. The next Cx can call in and on his first call get the best plan detailed herein, with the Razr for practically nothing & a Bluetooth (BT) headset. It just doesn't make for any statistically valid strategy.

You're best to tell them what you want, give them time to listen, digest your request, and do their searching, whenever they say "give me a minute" say "no problem, take your time". Things like that.

Keep in mind, that these reps take notes of everything (at least they should be), you can do your best to defend yourself later, but once you've been noted as a Cx who is difficult, indignant, and disrespectful, chances are you'll suffer forever for it. So be nice, friendly, and respectful-it'll go a long way.

The Hot Deal:

The basic, and most popular one is;

250mins daytime +25bonus (gets automatically added if you have a certain company code)
evenings and week-ends from 6p.m.
Caller ID + Voicemail
100mins (Canadian Long Distance)
$20 (or $25 depending on Rep) + SystemAccess Fee + Taxes + whatever else you want.

• There are some cases where people have received a few months Bill credited, or even longer-becoming more rare however.
  • In past have heard others eceiving plans with NO System Access Fees for months or for good (This is not such as the 500min one that has the SAF built-into the plan ;) ) to also much longer-Haven't heard this in a long while though.

There are plans tailored to heavy users, daytime minute plans of 350mins, 500mins, 700mins, 800 and even a (highly exclusive and sought after) disgusting plan of 1500mins.

A good friend of mine (thanks to me) ended up with the following plan
500mins + CID + VM + 1000LD + W600 HUP ($100) (at the time it was 150) for ~60ish allin. Not the greatest, but 1) he has money and I did it more for the heckuvvit, and 2) considering he was up in the $190s ea month for the better part of 7months-it's a lot better.

In addition to this there are various other add-ons, for example;
  • Unlimited Texting for $10 (now avail from CxS
  • 1000 Canadian Long Distance(*note* some have gotten this for free but I myself have it offered for an extra $5/month)
  • Unlimited Rogers2Rogers - You must be on a min $25 plan
  • Campus Calling (becomes available periodically during the school years start (student ID required)
A 3 yr renewal should possibly earn you the following standard bonuses:

• 3Months Unlimited Local Calling/Text/Video Messaging [current promo]
  • 6Months Unlimited Local Calling/Text/Video Messaging [comes and goes]

wow., I'm tired now. I've left some holes in the whole picture...but if you really are suffering with your current plan (as in WAY OVERPAYING), check this out.

Ultimately we all know Rogers is the best provider in Canada bar none! D'ya really want to go elsewhere?
38655 replies
May 19, 2004
206 posts
140 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Sounds good, were you already on a contract ? Was it $25 per month all in or is there the $6.95/month system access fee as well ?
Apr 2, 2003
146 posts
13 upvotes
Most plans do not include the SAF fee and 911 emergency fee. So, tack on the $6.95 + 0.50 = $7.45 plus your applicable taxes.

Rogers currently doesn't have an all inclusive plan that includes the SAF fee. The only ones that seem cheap are the retension plans (only for those out of contract). I currently am on the 40 mins one and it now costs $14.24 (taxes included. They give you a $5 credit but tack on the SAF). If you've finished your contract, call up retensions and ask what kind of plan they can offer. These retension plans are that, a plan to retain customers from going to the competition.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2002
7041 posts
652 upvotes
BC Interior
rn wrote:I can't take full credit for this awesome deal - I got the original info from De-sisive in the Request a deal forum..
Anyhow if you're a rogers customer, call Rogers Customer Relations (1-888-936-7283)
The plan is as follows
$25
200min day
unlimited we/wn 6pm
free call display
1 year contract
$25 V300 phone (refurbised) (there is an admin fee for changing phones that 32.50 - they agreed to cut it in half to 17.25)

I called in tonight and they also threw in 3 months of unlimited calling I can use at any time, and 8 months free of a $10 bundle that includes Call Answer, 75 test msgs per month and internet access from the phone...
Great Deal!!
Seems good. Can anyone confirm this.

Was the V300 for $25 a one off?

Looking to switch from my Rogers pay-as-you-go so I assume the admin fee does not apply??
May 19, 2003
171 posts
71 upvotes
Etobicoke
this is a retention plan (i ended my 2 yr contract a month ago)... But it's worth calling them up esp if you are a pay as you go because you are already a rogers customer...if you already have a phone i have a feeling that admin fee might still be applicable but you'll have to check with them.

The SAF is not included you are correct. so it is an extra 6.95 a month.

The v300 phone is refurbished and that's why it's so much cheaper than the new one. Refurbised means that it was returned within 30 days and had not been used for more than 30 min of airtime..

What is the 40 min for 14.95 plan you were talking about?
Oct 26, 2004
16 posts
I got the same deal when I called and told them I was going to leave. My contract had been up for a few months.

Scott
May 19, 2004
206 posts
140 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Just got the phone only part of the deal (as I was already on the $20 plan ... same plan but with 8pm evenings) ... so just ordered the phone (they wouldn't discount the admin fee though unless i up-ed my plan to the $25 plan).

Thanks.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
This deal has been posted for the past month now on rfd! Check out any posts under my username...
Apr 2, 2003
146 posts
13 upvotes
rn wrote: What is the 40 min for 14.95 plan you were talking about?
There are obviously many different retention plans available. Since I don't use the phone all that much, they gave me the 40 min retension plan (20 mins plus 20 mins bonus). Includes SAF, 911 fee. $5 credit each month. No call display. Just a barebones plan.

If you're in Ontario, it may cost more than $14.24 since you pay more in provincial taxes and obviously, those in Alberta don't pay PST so it's cheaper.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2002
2654 posts
2 upvotes
rn wrote:I called in tonight and they also threw in 3 months of unlimited calling I can use at any time, and 8 months free of a $10 bundle that includes Call Answer, 75 test msgs per month and internet access from the phone...
Great Deal!!
nice, i guess they threw in the 3 months unlimited along with 8 months of call answer, 75 sms, free internet (how many mb u allowed?) because u paid the extra 5bux

i stuck with 8pm start instead

the refurb is fine, i flashed/flexed mine right away to a v600
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
You need to have at least 24 months of service before you can use this deal. > :(
Banned
Aug 3, 2004
1888 posts
On the similar subject.. I just called them a couple day ago.. and I found that they got this plan... seem pretty good to me..

$20 per month
200 anytime
Unlimited Everning and Weekend
Free Caller ID
Deal Fanatic
Oct 3, 2004
6348 posts
1610 upvotes
got any links to this plan?
can exisitng users change to this plan?
Banned
Aug 3, 2004
1888 posts
champ91 wrote:got any links to this plan?
can exisitng users change to this plan?
No link.. talked to them on the phone.. and yes.. u can switch to this plan if u r existing users..
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1015 posts
448 upvotes
dtcanada wrote:On the similar subject.. I just called them a couple day ago.. and I found that they got this plan... seem pretty good to me..

$20 per month
200 anytime
Free Caller ID
Evening starts at 6?
Salesperson
Aug 2, 2004
567 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto
does anyone know if this is only valid with a contract?? or if they offer this without a contract.
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2003
3690 posts
2227 upvotes
Rui83 wrote:does anyone know if this is only valid with a contract?? or if they offer this without a contract.
you will need to renewal a 2 year contract...
Feb 14, 2003
67 posts
20 upvotes
i just switched... just got off the phone.

essentially you can go 6pm eves/weekends for $25 a month or 8pm eves/weekends for $20 a month.

includes caller ID! i can't believe i'm saving $250 a year with one phone call :D - my old plan was stupid... didn't need to be on it
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2002
3584 posts
262 upvotes
Newfoundland (Former…
dtcanada wrote:On the similar subject.. I just called them a couple day ago.. and I found that they got this plan... seem pretty good to me..

$20 per month
200 anytime
Free Caller ID
yes wondering what time is starts for evenings?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
2117 posts
571 upvotes
Anybody who is currently on an old contract got the deal?

I hate my old contract so much, and it won't end until next Aug.
I am not evil; I just live another way

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)