Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Best Buy

Hot Video Game Deal!!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2009 4:42 pm
Tags:
Nov 29, 2009
72 posts
19 upvotes
Surrey
Lol, people always seem to think the worst in people Hahaha
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2007
4156 posts
522 upvotes
I dealt with gamedeals last week for the first time..nice staff

I'd be willing to support a local VG store when they have sales over trying to PM at money hungry retail giants...however, the NW location isn't super convienent for me personally...but im sure those that live in burnaby and surrey that takes skytrain daily can really appreciate it.
Russell wrote: We come here looking for deals. We use the savings on the things we buy to justify buying more things, thus filling our homes with tons of unnecessary consumer products. Such is the key to happiness.

Jan 23, 2009
160 posts
4 upvotes
gamedeals is awesome.
A welcome relief from the big box retailers

I've been their customer since 2.5 yrs and that's before I knew about rfd
Thanks to the burglary news on tv/ yt

I'm gonna be there again this week
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
I thought this intention of this OP was to highlight a 100% guaranteed price match by asking young bubbly csr girls who are laughing and very cheerful.
Jun 29, 2009
142 posts
48 upvotes
Burnaby
Kes17 wrote: Metro FS and BB have been the worst as far as PMing. Only BB at the counter in Surrey have ever pricematched with me with little to no effort
QFT.

Don't bother to PM @ Metro FS or BB if your deal is anything but the run-of-the-mill kind (i.e. big-box store deals with exact prices in print). Deals like TRU's $10-30 game discount are usually not going to work.
Dec 2, 2009
653 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
lol. wow. I've been using RFD alot recently, and have alot of deals because of the hot deals forums, so i just wanted to share the deal that i got.. nothing malicious at all..

and no i don't work for them, neither is this an advert for them, as i said, i live in ottawa, would be pretty hard to work for gamedeals in vancouver.. if anything, wouldn't it be more just to accuse me of advertising for BB? you guys make no sense.. lol. just wanted to share with you guys the deal that i got in ottawa BB (the one next to st laurent) that i got UFC for more than half off..
Dec 2, 2009
653 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
AlexV wrote: I like how you start your post with "guaranteed" and yet the deal is anything but guaranteed
maybe you should finish reading the sentence?
Banned
Nov 28, 2006
1104 posts
103 upvotes
darylscool wrote: maybe you should finish reading the sentence?
maybe pricematching is never "guaranteed", in vancouver or elsewhere?

especially against such an insignificant retailer
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2732 posts
3018 upvotes
Ottawa
You would have been better off just posting the deals that GameDeals has than to provide a hugely YMMV idea of PMing and calling it "guarenteed"...
Dec 2, 2009
653 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
but why wouldn't it be guaranteed in Vancouver? All you'd have to do is tell the BB csr is that i can get a game for this price at gamedeals. because you can go to gamedeals, they'd match it, unlike the rest of canada.

as for your insignificant retailer claim.. their policy does not state that they do not match insignificant retailers..

why flame me if i'm just trying to share with you guys the deal i got? lol. if it works for you, it's a bonus for you guys. it took time to post this. i had to go to BB's website to find the corresponding titles and calculate the PM price. and with the prehistoric internet connection the fed gov has, believe me, it was frustrating and took a while, but i wanted to share the deal i got with you guys cause i'd been using this site to get some pretty good deals myself, and felt obliged to return the favour. what an ungrateful lot..
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2007
2732 posts
3018 upvotes
Ottawa
The reason why you got the responses you got is due to the way you worded it. Had you not said it was "guarenteed" to work (implying that it will work anywhere in the country), and instead just said you got the deal (without going into detail) with "YMMV" added, you would not have gotten a response you have.

Thanks for posting the deal, but I think I'm going to skip the hassle since BB anf FS has B2G1F which works out to a pretty good deal already (if getting all new games prices from $50-$69.99). But I will check out gamedeals next time.
Dec 2, 2009
653 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
Chrno wrote: The reason why you got the responses you got is due to the way you worded it. Had you not said it was "guarenteed" to work (implying that it will work anywhere in the country), and instead just said you got the deal (without going into detail) with "YMMV" added, you would not have gotten a response you have.

Thanks for posting the deal, but I think I'm going to skip the hassle since BB anf FS has B2G1F which works out to a pretty good deal already (if getting all new games prices from $50-$69.99). But I will check out gamedeals next time.
but i worded it CLEARLY. "Hey guys, this deal is guaranteed to work for everyone in Vancouver. The rest of Canada may or may not be able to get the deal that I got, even though I don't live in Vancouver, depending on your luck." That paragraph clearly says anywhere else in Canada it's not guaranteed. so if ppl can't read or comprehend, it's not a basis to flame someone..

Also, I did go into the details of how i got the deal. Step by step, in fact even down to paying at another dept (camera dept), buying a random memory card, picking the csr, and then immediately returning the memory card lol i don't know how much more detailed i can go.. down to what i was wearing? lol

also, I'm pretty new here.. what's YMMV? your something? from the way you guys use it, it sounds like it means something along the lines of speculative?

np! first thanks! but looking at your location being in ottawa, which is the same as me, the only way gamedeals would work for us would be to PM at BB or FS, which is why I suggested that in my original post.. and it worked for me, so that's why I thought I'd share it with you guys.. but oh well..
Oct 14, 2008
889 posts
363 upvotes
ElvishMerchant wrote: LOL... you cheap bastards... seriously?!? ;)

Just buy it from us already, or if you find a CSR who will reliably price match us, cut me in and I'll put up like New Super Mario Bros. Wii for $19.95 or something (just long enough to get the PM). Although somehow I doubt they'd honor that.
Lol..for a second I thought your name was EVILMERCHANT :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)