Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
IKEA

Christmas Tree - Almost FREE at HD and IKEA

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2009 2:51 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 29, 2003
473 posts
708 upvotes
Mississauga

[IKEA] Christmas Tree - Almost FREE at HD and IKEA

You get a discount certificate with purchase of tree

IKEA = $20 off $75 (tree costs $20)
starts now

[IMG]http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3336/ikeatree.png[/IMG]

or

HD = $25 off $100 (tree costs ? I think it was $20 for scotch pine)
only Dec 3-6

[IMG]http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7026/hdtree.png[/IMG]

We've been getting one or the other for a while now, and have been pretty happy with it. Not the Charlie Brown that you might expect. Just remember to cut 3" off the bottom when you get it.
35 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
Is there a coupon for this? Or just show up and get it done
Nov 10, 2006
38 posts
Airdrie
wiebecj wrote: Is there a coupon for this? Or just show up and get it done

^^
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
3135 posts
1133 upvotes
Winnipeg
h0ju wrote: ^^
Are you asking the question as well or saying just print out the coupon :-)
Deal Fanatic
Oct 18, 2004
5534 posts
2000 upvotes
Wat
Is this weekend (December 5th and 6th) too early to buy and put up a real Christmas tree? I'm new to this, so any tips would be helpful, thanks.
Dec 23, 2006
801 posts
198 upvotes
Montreal
Wiseman wrote: Is this weekend (December 5th and 6th) too early to buy and put up a real Christmas tree? I'm new to this, so any tips would be helpful, thanks.

Nope, go right ahead. Just cut 3" off the base, and keep it watered and play Christmas music for it and it will love you all the way to January! ;)

***Is there a link to these offers online? I couldn't find one...
242 posts
11 upvotes
Wiseman wrote: Is this weekend (December 5th and 6th) too early to buy and put up a real Christmas tree? I'm new to this, so any tips would be helpful, thanks.
We usually keep ours bundled up outside for a few weeks more. Just put it somewhere cool and out of the sun.
Mar 7, 2005
907 posts
341 upvotes
That was my mentality as well...until I realize that they either sit in a stand at home, or sit in the parking lot. I don't think it makes that big a difference.

I'm going to wait a little longer and get a tree a little closer to christmas. Ikea usually brings in a constant supply of trees.
Jun 17, 2003
803 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
OT: do either of them sell tall (10'+) trees? Anyone know where to get a tall, real tree at a reasonable price? thanks
Nov 2, 2009
34 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks for posting this. I was wondering where to get a tree at a good price
Nov 9, 2008
128 posts
18 upvotes
andjules wrote: OT: do either of them sell tall (10'+) trees? Anyone know where to get a tall, real tree at a reasonable price? thanks
I'd like to know as well.

Last year I bought mine at Ikea. On the stand it was like 10'.

Wondering how much the trees cost at HD??
Aug 14, 2006
345 posts
64 upvotes
Kanata
Five years ago, Ikea's deal was that you bought a Christmas tree for $20 and you got a $20 gift certificate to redeem in January against a purchase of $40 or more. Now it's against a purchase of $75 or more. The deal, while still pretty good, is getting weaker.
Nov 29, 2003
473 posts
708 upvotes
Mississauga
andjules wrote: OT: do either of them sell tall (10'+) trees?
I think so, but they're expensive. Like $50 I think.
bluekona wrote: Wondering how much the trees cost at HD??
I think they have little ones starting at $19, but I just picked up ours tonight at HD for $29 and it is 7'.
May 13, 2003
280 posts
11 upvotes
timojaak wrote: Five years ago, Ikea's deal was that you bought a Christmas tree for $20 and you got a $20 gift certificate to redeem in January against a purchase of $40 or more. Now it's against a purchase of $75 or more. The deal, while still pretty good, is getting weaker.

Five years ago they were $15.00...I think they went up this year.

I've been doing this for 15 years and haven't gotten a bad tree yet. This year I wanted a smaller tree and got a 9' Ikea tree...They have some mixed in that are far taller.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)