RedFlagDeals.com Where to Buy the PlayStation 5 (PS5) in Canada Where to Buy the PlayStation 5 in 2023!get this deal
It's been over two years since Sony launched the PlayStation 5 (PS5) and the console has been one of the most difficult products to find in Canada since 2020.
Heading into 2023, the PS5 is much easier to find compared to 2020-22, as the console is usually available for extended periods of time when in stock. However, stock is still somewhat inconsistent at many retailers, while some stores require an additional purchase with the console (usually a controller) in order to deter scalpers, which will raise the overall price.
Finding the PS5 still takes a bit of persistence and a little luck – here are the best stores to buy a PlayStation 5 in Canada in 2023.
The Best Stores – consistent stock with no extra purchase required
- Amazon.ca – Amazon re-stocked PS5 consoles several times in 2022, roughly once every three months. Stock is usually plentiful, but overpriced third-party sellers are still abundant, so be sure to double-check the price and that the seller is Amazon before buying
- Staples – Staples is a relative newcomer to the list, as PS5 listings did not appear online until recently. However, Staples does allow coupon redemptions with video games (if you can find one), making it the only Canadian retailer where you can get an immediate discount on the PS5
- Walmart – Walmart was the most consistent retailer to carry the PS5 in 2022, with multiple re-stocks during the latter half of the year and no additional purchase requirement
The Good Stores – consistent stock, but an extra purchase is required
- Best Buy – Best Buy re-stocked the PS5 multiple times in 2022, but an extra controller is usually required for online purchases. Standalone consoles are available, but often with in-store pickup orders only
- Costco – Costco frequently stocks the PS5, but it's often bundled with multiple accessories and no discount. However, Costco's warranty coverage is second-to-none and some members don't mind the higher cost just for the warranty
- GameStop – GameStop (formerly EB Games) usually re-stocks PS5 consoles on a monthly basis, but an extra purchase is usually required
- Shoppers Drug Mart – Shoppers Drug Mart was surprisingly one of the most consistent retailers to carry the PS5 in 2022, but an extra controller is required. However, Shoppers does allow PC Optimum members to redeem points, making SDM one of the very few options to get an indirect discount
- The Source – The Source re-stocked the PS5 multiple times in 2022, but like Best Buy, online purchases often require an extra purchase, while standalone consoles were only available in-store
The Other Stores – inconsistent stock, but occasionally available
- Air Miles – PS5 bundles are sometimes available from Air Miles, but the major caveat is that they're only available by redeeming Dream Miles and cannot be purchased outright
- Dell – Dell re-stocks PS5 consoles infrequently, often bundled with multiple accessories. Despite the higher overall price, the bundles are usually discounted slightly compared to buying items individually
- London Drugs – London Drugs carried the PS5 at launch, but the console has been unavailable online for most of 2021-22
- Real Canadian Superstore – RCSS sometimes stocks PS5 bundles online, but the listings appear very rarely and sell out quickly
- Toys R Us – Toys R Us carried the PS5 at launch, but the console has not been spotted online since
Originally launched in November 2020, the PlayStation 5 is Sony's successor to the PlayStation 4 and one of the most sought-after products in 2020-2021, capable of playing next-generation games at up to 4K, ray-tracing, SSD storage and backwards compatibility with most PS4 games.
This guide was last updated on January 11, 2023.