Best Buy Best Buy: Get Bowflex SelectTech 3.1S or 4.1S Stowable Benches Now Bowflex SelectTech Benches Are Back in Stock!

get this deal
this offer is expired

Add another piece to your home gym from Best Buy, because Bowflex SelectTech benches are back in stock!

Part of Bowflex's SelectTech collection, both benches are ideal for space-strapped homes as they be folded up with a single button for easy storage. The SelectTech 3.1S is the entry-level option, with support for up to 480lb and four different adjustable angles (-20, 0, 45 and 90 degrees). The SelectTech 4.1S supports up to 550lb and features five adjustable angles (-20, 0, 30, 45 and 90 degrees) for extra workout versatility.

For reference, Bowflex SelectTech products have been extremely popular for at-home workouts and both benches are currently out of stock at other retailers including Amazon.ca, Bowflex, Canadian Tire and Walmart.

These offers are available online only and qualify for free shipping from BestBuy.ca.

53 Comments

View all
    • Would the 4.1S be good for using it for benching heavy (~215 lb) with a power rack? Anyone know if the back support is wide enough for that kind of bench weight?
    • Report Post
    • I have the 3.1 and it’s fine for me. I’d imagine the 4.1s would be fine given that it is rated @550 lbs.
    • Report Post
    • Bumping this for peeps that need a bench
    • Report Post
    • Ordered the 4.1s, thank you.
      Taking precautions in case gym closes again.
    • Report Post
    • tldr 3.1 vs 4.1 for home gym? Not sure if its worth the extra $100

      edit:
      4.1 has an extra angle: -20°, 0°, 30°, 45°, 90°
      3.1 is: -20°, 0°, 45°, 90°

      4.1: 550 lb (User weight not to exceed 300 lbs. and lift load not exceed 250 lbs.)
      3.1: 480 lb (User weight not to exceed 300 lbs. and lift load not exceed 180 lbs.)

      Went for the 4.1 for that 30° that I like, and extra 70lb weight can't hurt, lift load of 180 is too low, but 250lb should have me covered haha. Thanks OP GF has been driving me nuts for a bench for at home workouts.
    • Report Post
    • Ecsta wrote: tldr 3.1 vs 4.1 for home gym? Not sure if its worth the extra $100

      edit:
      4.1 has an extra angle: -20°, 0°, 30°, 45°, 90°
      3.1 is: -20°, 0°, 45°, 90°

      4.1: 550 lb (User weight not to exceed 300 lbs. and lift load not exceed 250 lbs.)
      3.1: 480 lb (User weight not to exceed 300 lbs. and lift load not exceed 180 lbs.)

      Went for the 4.1 for that 30° that I like, and extra 70lb weight can't hurt, lift load of 180 is too low, but 250lb should have me covered haha. Thanks OP GF has been driving me nuts for a bench for at home workouts.
      Good call tht 30 degree helps with shoulder work outs. The 3.1 is way to far forward. Is it worth an extra $100?
    • Report Post
    • chilli604 wrote: Good call tht 30 degree helps with shoulder work outs. The 3.1 is way to far forward. Is it worth an extra $100?
      I think its bullshit that its an extra $100 for what I'm sure is just an extra $5 in metal and welding, but I agree the 30 degree one will come in handy. The extra 70lbs supported load is the main reason I went 4.1 as that puts it above what I would lift on my best days. The max lift load of 180lb on the 3.1 is a touch low in case I get accidentally swole 😂
    • Report Post
    • I went to home depot and got some scrap 2x4's for free and they also cut them to 7 and 8" at no charge which fit perfectly in my Bowflex 3.1 giving alot more angles.
      Also had some various metal plates which i screwed in for extra strength, works like a charm! Also some guy on Youtube is 3D printing adjustable pieces for the bench which looks really good, but he's asking like $60 for them

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M2wX5IQAYU&t=189s


      bowflex.jpg
    • Report Post
    • Ecsta wrote: tldr 3.1 vs 4.1 for home gym? Not sure if its worth the extra $100

      edit:
      4.1 has an extra angle: -20°, 0°, 30°, 45°, 90°
      3.1 is: -20°, 0°, 45°, 90°

      4.1: 550 lb (User weight not to exceed 300 lbs. and lift load not exceed 250 lbs.)
      3.1: 480 lb (User weight not to exceed 300 lbs. and lift load not exceed 180 lbs.)

      Went for the 4.1 for that 30° that I like, and extra 70lb weight can't hurt, lift load of 180 is too low, but 250lb should have me covered haha. Thanks OP GF has been driving me nuts for a bench for at home workouts.
      Curious as to why lift load matters in the capacity equation?
    • Report Post
    • malcolm027 wrote: Ordered the 4.1s, thank you.
      Taking precautions in case gym closes again.
      I think Ontario just announced its closing gyms for 28 days. Bowflex just went up in value
    • Report Post
    • ImpulseBuyy wrote: Curious as to why lift load matters in the capacity equation?
      I'm guessing they assume user weight to be spread out whereas lift load from bench press would be all at the same top part? Not 100% sure. Maybe stronger welds, who knows. For $100 extra I figured it's worth it since my last bench lasted me 10 years.
    • Report Post
    • ImpulseBuyy wrote: Curious as to why lift load matters in the capacity equation?
      I’m thinking it is calculated how weight is distributed.
      When you are using weights on the bench they are typically going to be at the top portion whereas your body is stationary distributing weight more evenly across the bench. I would also assume it could handle more weight flat but gets weaker as you adjust the incline angle.
    • Report Post
    • seems like bestbuys return policy for these equipment is it must be unopened? so if you open it u are stuck?
    • Report Post
    • Still waiting on weights....
    • Report Post
    • statick wrote: I went to home depot and got some scrap 2x4's for free and they also cut them to 7 and 8" at no charge which fit perfectly in my Bowflex 3.1 giving alot more angles.
      Also had some various metal plates which i screwed in for extra strength, works like a charm! Also some guy on Youtube is 3D printing adjustable pieces for the bench which looks really good, but he's asking like $60 for them

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M2wX5IQAYU&t=189s

      bowflex.jpg
      I got the 3D printed parts from that guy and they are awesome!! highly recommended. 53$ shipped to my house.
    • Report Post
    • malcolm027 wrote: I’m thinking it is calculated how weight is distributed.
      When you are using weights on the bench they are typically going to be at the top portion whereas your body is stationary distributing weight more evenly across the bench. I would also assume it could handle more weight flat but gets weaker as you adjust the incline angle.
      That makes sense, prior to the 3.1 I was benching over 220lbs (flat) on a cap bench rated @250lbs total and haven’t died yet (luckily). The bow flex feels wider and more solid IMO.
    • Report Post
    • DoBoY1 wrote: I got the 3D printed parts from that guy and they are awesome!! highly recommended. 53$ shipped to my house.
      Does the 3D printed part feel durable? The guy in the video is demo’ing them using 5 lb weights....
    • Report Post
    • I have a 3d printer and although it's a cool device ("a solution looking for a problem"); I would be very nervous using it for a critical structural part.

      I mean, they use metal for a reason in those components. I think this solution is fine for lighter weights but I don't suggest risking injury with heavy weights with this.

      I'd be more comforable with wood blocks.

      As the youtuber states;
      "Use your best judgement for whether this solution will be strong enough for your application"

      statick wrote: I went to home depot and got some scrap 2x4's for free and they also cut them to 7 and 8" at no charge which fit perfectly in my Bowflex 3.1 giving alot more angles.
      Also had some various metal plates which i screwed in for extra strength, works like a charm! Also some guy on Youtube is 3D printing adjustable pieces for the bench which looks really good, but he's asking like $60 for them

      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M2wX5IQAYU&t=189s



      bowflex.jpg
    • Report Post
    • Hi - just curious how this is a hot deal. Unless I'm missing something but the bowlfex 4.1s stowable shows on their website for same price of 299 CAD
    • Report Post

Other Equipment Deals

View all

Other Best Buy Deals

View all
get deal