Discovery+ Discovery+: Get 7 Days of Discovery+ for FREE + Streaming Plans Start at $4.99 per Month Discovery+ is Now Available in Canada!

get this deal

Find more things to binge with Discovery+, because the streaming service is now available in Canada, with plans starting at just $4.99 per month.

New subscribers will get seven days of the service for free, which automatically converts to your choice of a standard or ad-free plan. All plans support up to five user profiles and four concurrent streams at up to 4K resolution.

Originally launched on October 19 in Canada, Discovery+ is a video streaming service with over 55,000 streaming episodes from Discovery brands including Animal Planet, Discovery Channel, Food Network, HGTV, TLC, Travel Channel and more. The service is the streaming home of several popular reality shows including 90 Day Fiancé, Chopped, Ghost Adventures and more, along with award-winning BBC nature documentaries and exclusive original programs like Carole Baskin's Cage Fight and Dr. Pimple Popper: This is Zit.

Discovery+ is supported on several platforms including web/mobile browsers, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Google Chromecast, Roku, Xbox and more.

15 Comments

View all
    • Can't wait for them to take over WB.
    • Report Post
  • zod
    • Maybe? I did have a workaround to use the US version but I unsubbed when I ran out of things to watch.

      It'll be interesting to see if the Canadian version is watered down or if it's basically the same.
    • Report Post
    • Prediction: this is going to be free with ads after a year.
    • Report Post
    • scoper wrote: Prediction: this is going to be free with ads after a year.
      I've seen the new TV ads on Global. I'll pass, thanks. I'm guessing this service won't even make it to the free with ads stage.
      It'll most likely merge with Staked TV. lol
    • Report Post
  • zod
    • playnicee1 wrote: I've seen the new TV ads on Global. I'll pass, thanks. I'm guessing this service won't even make it to the free with ads stage.
      It'll most likely merge with Staked TV. lol
      I wondered why Stack doesn't include discovery, but we stopped using stack because we couldn't stand the commercials. You're paying for it, but they inject ads for their own content (not even revenue generating ads), which ruins the whole thing. I don't understand the point. IF you're paying a premium for service it should be ad free... sigh...
    • Report Post
    • zod wrote: I wondered why Stack doesn't include discovery, but we stopped using stack because we couldn't stand the commercials. You're paying for it, but they inject ads for their own content (not even revenue generating ads), which ruins the whole thing. I don't understand the point. IF you're paying a premium for service it should be ad free... sigh...
      +1

      I agree 100%.
    • Report Post
    • Has anyone subscribed to this and is using a firestick
    • Report Post
  • zod
    • explorer11 wrote: Has anyone subscribed to this and is using a firestick
      I sideloaded the american version of the app on my firestick back when you couldn't buy it in Canada. Mostly worked ok (aside from messing it up if I forgot to turn on the VPN before loading the app).
    • Report Post
    • It'll be interesting to see content differences seeing that Bell Media owns Discovery, Animal Planet, etc., and Corus owns HGTV, Food, etc., in Canada. Since Discovery bought Scripps in the US it probably caused some friction in Canada. If their content agreements don't include streaming it might not be bad but I wouldn't be surprised to see missing content.
    • Report Post
    • I am curious if the US subscription and Canadian subscription are distinct or does it work like Netflix where the content is based on your geographical location.

      For those who subscribed to Discovery+ Canada, if you use a VPN and appear like you are in the US, do you get US content (like how it works with Netflix) or do you get an error.
    • Report Post
    • edyee wrote: I am curious if the US subscription and Canadian subscription are distinct or does it work like Netflix where the content is based on your geographical location.

      For those who subscribed to Discovery+ Canada, if you use a VPN and appear like you are in the US, do you get US content (like how it works with Netflix) or do you get an error.
      I received an error that my account can only be used in the country it was initially registered in. I have a US subscription and attempted to watch today without VPN.
    • Report Post
    • How much different is this than the channels already offered by Rogers & Bell? I know there are a couple of extra 90 Day Fiance type shows that can't be seen on TV....but anything else?

      Also, what doesn't the Canadian version have that the US version has?
    • Report Post
    • Hambone wrote: How much different is this than the channels already offered by Rogers & Bell? I know there are a couple of extra 90 Day Fiance type shows that can't be seen on TV....but anything else?

      Also, what doesn't the Canadian version have that the US version has?
      I know food network Canada has some shows not offered on food network from discovery+. You gotta eat here is not shown.
    • Report Post
    • It’s shitty that you can’t use US account in Canada and vice versa. The ad thing kills the deal for me. Why would I pay and still get ads. That’s what cable TV is.

      Just too many video subscriptions now. Netflix, Disney+, amazon prime is my go to and I think best combo and value.
    • Report Post
    • Anyone know what the $4.99 version is like with the ads? Are you going to get ads like if you were watching regular TV via Bell or Rogers or is it just a few 30 second ads every so often? Can you skip or FF ads?

      Watching a show on live TV is painful to watch with all the commercials.
    • Report Post

Other Entertainment Deals

View all
get deal