Read more and spend less with Book Outlet where you can take advantage of buy 3 get 1 free through March 5 at 10 AM EST.
Here's a selection of some of their classics:
- Catch 22 (50th Anniversary Edition) by Joseph Heller - $11.59 (list price $23.99)
- Fifty years after its original publication, Catch-22 remains a cornerstone of American literature and one of the funniest - and most celebrated - books of all time. In recent years it has been named to "best novels" lists by Time, Newsweek, the Modern Library, and the London Observer. Set in Italy during World War II, this is the story of the incomparable, malingering bombardier, Yossarian, a hero who is furious because thousands of people he has never met are trying to kill him. But his real problem is not the enemy - it is his own army, which keeps increasing the number of missions the men must fly to complete their service. Yet if Yossarian makes any attempt to excuse himself from the perilous missions he's assigned, he'll be in violation of Catch-22, a hilariously sinister bureaucratic rule: a man is considered insane if he willingly continues to fly dangerous combat missions, but if he makes a formal request to be removed from duty, he is proven sane and therefore ineligible to be relieved. This fiftieth-anniversary edition commemorates Joseph Heller's masterpiece with a new introduction by Christopher Buckley; a wealth of critical essays and reviews by Norman Mailer, Alfred Kazin, Anthony Burgess, and others; rare papers and photos from Joseph Heller's personal archive; and much more. Here, at last, is the definitive edition of a classic of world literature.
- Gone With the Wind by Margaret Mitchell - $15.79 (list price $40.99)
- A monumental classic considered by many to be not only the greatest love story ever written, but also the greatest Civil War saga.
- Watership Down by Richard Adams - $11.59 (list price $23.99)
- A phenomenal worldwide bestseller for over thirty years, Richard Adams's Watership Down is a timeless classic and one of the most beloved novels of all time. Set in England's Downs, a once idyllic rural landscape, this stirring tale of adventure, courage and survival follows a band of very special creatures on their flight from the intrusion of man and the certain destruction of their home. Led by a stouthearted pair of brothers, they journey forth from their native Sandleford Warren through the harrowing trials posed by predators and adversaries, to a mysterious promised land and a more perfect society.
- Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes - $11.59 (list price $23.99)
- The 17th century Spanish masterpiece, one of the funniest and most tragic books ever written and widely regarded as the world's first modern novel, Don Quixote chronicles the famous picaresque adventures of the noble knight-errant Don Quixote de La Mancha and his faithful squire, Sancho Panza, as they travel through 16th century Spain.
- The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson - $11.19 (list price $25.99)
- When orphaned Mary Lennox comes to live at her uncle's great house on the Yorkshire moors, she finds it full of secrets. At night, she hears the sound of crying down one of the long corridors. Outside, she meets Dickon, a magical boy who can talk to animals. Then one day, Mary discovers the most mysterious wonder of all - a secret garden, walled and locked, which has been forgotten for years and years. The story of how Mary Lennox brings a secret garden back to life has enchanted generations of readers since it was first published in 1912. Now, with this very special deluxe edition of Frances Hodgson Burnett's timeless classic, including gorgeous and iconic full-color art by Tasha Tudor, readers can continue to discover the magic of this powerful and deeply moving story.
Offer is live through March 5 AM EST. Shipping is free on orders over $45. Quantities are limited so shop now while supplies last.