Learn more about the world around you with Book Outlet where you can save on hundreds of book titles and get $5 off your order with promo code 5FORYOU until January 23 at 4PM EST.
Here's a selection of some of their products:
- The Reducetarian Solution by Brian Kateman - $1.99 (list price $22.00)
- Brian Kateman coined the term "Reducetarian" - a person who is deliberately reducing his or her consumption of meat - and a global movement was born. In this book, Kateman, the founder of the Reducetarian Foundation, presents more than 70 original essays from influential thinkers on how the simple act of cutting 10% or more of the meat from one's diet can transform the life of the reader, animals, and the planet. This book features contributions from such luminaries as Seth Godin, Joel Fuhrman, Victoria Moran, Jeffrey Sachs, Bill McKibben, Naomi Oreskes, Peter Singer, and others. With over 40 vegan, vegetarian, and "less meat" recipes from bestselling cookbook author Pat Crocker, as well as tons of practical tips for reducing the meat in your diet (for example, skip eating meat with dinner if you ate it with lunch; replace your favorite egg omelet with a tofu scramble; choose a veggie burrito instead of a beef burrito; declare a meatless day of the week), The Reducetarian Solution is a life - not to mention planet! - saving book.
- Unstuffed: Decluttering Your Home, Mind, and Soul by Ruth Soukup - $1.99 (list price $22.19)
- STUFF. It's everywhere. Lurking in corners and closets, spilling onto counters and coffee tables, creating havoc everywhere we look. And it's not just the physical clutter that weighs us down. Oh no, it is the stress of overbooked schedules, and the weight of life that sometimes feels oppressive and totally out of whack. New York Times bestselling author Ruth Soukup feels your pain--she has been there too. Through personal stories, Biblical truth, and practical action plans, she will inspire and empower each of us to finally declutter not just our home, but our mind and soul as well. Unstuffed is real, honest, and gets right down to the question we are all facing--how can we take back our lives from the stuff that is weighing us down?
- Work Happy: What Great Bosses Know by Jill Geisler - $1.99 (list price $20.90)
- When Jill Geisler was appointed to news director of her local station at the age of 27, her senior managerial experience was limited to a high school job at a candy shop. Thirty years later, she is one of the leading consultants for managers across the country. WORK HAPPY shares what she's learned over the years, specifically, what makes good bosses great.
- The Perils of "Privilege" Why Injustice Can't Be Solved by Accusing Others of Advantage by Phoebe Maltz Bovy - $3.19 (list price $37.99)
- Privilege—the word, the idea, the j’accuse that cannot be answered with equanimity—is the new rhetorical power play. From social media to academia, public speech to casual conversation, “Check your privilege” or “Your privilege is showing” are utilized to brand people of all kinds with a term once reserved for wealthy, old-money denizens of exclusive communities. Today, “privileged” applies to anyone who enjoys an unearned advantage in life, about which they are likely oblivious. White privilege, male privilege, straight privilege—those conditions make everyday life easier, less stressful, more lucrative, and generally better for those who hold one, two, or all three designations. But what about white female privilege in the context of feminism? Or fixed gender privilege in the context of transgender? Or weight and height privilege in the context of hiring practices and salary levels? Or food privilege in the context of public health? Or two parent, working class privilege in the context of widening inequality for single parent families? In The Perils of Privilege, Phoebe Maltz Bovy examines the rise of this word into extraordinary potency. Does calling out privilege help to change or soften it? Or simply reinforce it by dividing people against themselves? And is privilege a concept that, in fact, only privileged people are debating?
Offer is live for a limited time. Shipping is free on orders over $45. Quantities are limited so shop now while supplies last.One time use per customer. Store pickup not available during the sale. Cannot be used towards shipping or the purchase of gift cards. Cannot be combined with other promotions.