Bike Month Bike Month: Group Commutes, Free Breakfasts, Events & More Across Canada Throughout June Bike Monthget this deal
June is almost here, and with that comes perfect cycling weather! June is traditionally Bike Month across the country and a number of major cities are taking part. Here's a roundup of free events to look forward to:
- Vancouver: Bike To Work Week runs May 28-June 1. Each day, there will be "Commuter Stations" set up around the city where you can take advantage of free refreshments, bike mechanic services and chances to win prizes. By registering for Bike To Work Week and logging your trips, you also get entered to win daily prizes.
- Edmonton: Throughout the month, there are lots of events taking place. On Fridays at 7AM, there will be breakfasts at various restaurants around the city. Each Wednesday from 4-6PM, they will be hosting "Mocktails on the Bridge" at Ezio Faraone Park, where you can have a drink and get your bike tuned up. Other events planned for the month include a bike-in movie night, bike art workshops, bike salons and more. For the full calendar of events, visit the Bikeology website.
- Toronto: Bike Month kicks off on May 28 with the Group Commute and Pancake Breakfast. Groups of commuters will be meeting at a series of city and community start points, then converging at Yonge and Bloor for a ride down to City Hall. If you participate in the ride, you'll receive a free Bike Month t-shirt and enjoy a free pancake breakfast at City Hall. There are dozens of events running through the month, including group rides, free pancake breakfasts, used bike sales, free bike repairs and more. Visit the Toronto Cyclists Union website for the full calendar of events.
- Montreal: Montreal Bike Fest runs from May 27-June 3. Though the Tour de l'Île and Tour la Nuit events require registration, they are hosting "Operation Bike To Work" on May 30, which appears to be free. From 7AM-6PM, there will be bike tune ups, used bike collection stations, and more at Parc La Fontaine.
- Halifax: Bike Week runs through June 3, with events organized by local organizations and stores. Mountain Equipment Co-op is hosting Bike To School Day on May 30, and from 7-9AM, they will be providing a free pancake breakfast at the MEC on Granville Street and on Macdonald Bridge. Moksha Yoga Halifax is also hosting a free yoga class for cyclists on June 1.