Apple Apple Back to School 2021: Get FREE Apple AirPods When You Buy a Mac or iPad for School Apple's Back to School Sale Ends on Monday!

get this deal
this offer is expired

Get ready for a new school year at Apple, where their Back to School Sale is back for 2021 and you'll get free Apple AirPods when you buy a new Mac or iPad for school – a value of $219.00!

There are seven Apple products eligible for free second-generation AirPods, including the recently-released iMac and iPad Pro with M1 Chip. Simply configure any back to school device and you can add AirPods to your order for free at checkout, or upgrade to AirPods with Wireless Charging Case or AirPods Pro for an extra $50.00 and $110.00, respectively.

We've listed a few common configurations from this year's lineup of eligible devices below (all prices reflect Apple's discounted education pricing).

iPad Air

iPad Pro

iMac

Mac mini

Mac Pro

MacBook Air

MacBook Pro

Plus, you can save 20% on AppleCare+ extended warranties for all Apple devices, which adds up to three years of coverage to Apple's standard one-year limited warranty.

Apple's Back to School 2021 promotion is effective until September 27 online and in Apple Stores, with a limit of one free AirPods model per customer. The Apple Store offers free shipping on all orders with no minimum.

2671 Comments

View all
    • Am predicting a flood of AirPods on Kijiji. Unless can be returned ?
    • Report Post
    • Last year you were able to return the airpods to get additional $$ off your products. YMMV, obviously.
    • Report Post
    • Who downvoted? Why?

      I just ordered. I was waiting for this.
    • Report Post
    • Waited 2 days for this sale haha

      Getting Airpods Pro, despite the likelihood that they'll probably be obsolete this year.
    • Report Post
    • I was waiting for this too, but I went with refurbished route, iPad Pro 3rd gen 12.9 256gb wifi+cellular.
    • Report Post
    • Honestly, if you aren't in dire need for a macbook, I would probably hold out a bit. Been eyeing a Macbook Pro for about 3 months now for my younger brother but with all the chatter around a completely redesigned Macbook Pro with possibly M1X/M2, MagSafe, etc. I am extremely cautious about pulling the trigger.
      Airpods are cool but they aren't actually worth $220 like 2 years ago, they constantly go on sale and seems to have reseted at a respectable $170 and occasionally goes down to $150. I personally would take the $150 hit for a laptop which has a newer chipset and redesign. But yeah, to each their own. These current machines are plenty capable for most use cases and should be fine many years down the road.
    • Report Post
    • NiksG99Boi wrote: Honestly, if you aren't in dire need for a macbook, I would probably hold out a bit. Been eyeing a Macbook Pro for about 3 months now for my younger brother but with all the chatter around a completely redesigned Macbook Pro with possibly M1X/M2, MagSafe, etc. I am extremely cautious about pulling the trigger.
      Airpods are cool but they aren't actually worth $220 like 2 years ago, they constantly go on sale and seems to have reseted at a respectable $170 and occasionally goes down to $150. I personally would take the $150 hit for a laptop which has a newer chipset and redesign. But yeah, to each their own. These current machines are plenty capable for most use cases and should be fine many years down the road.
      Definitely the new MBP will have a mini led and 14 inch display!!! Will be so much better
    • Report Post
    • Great back to school offer if you are looking to grab a new Ipad Air/Pro

      For Macbooks, go for the M1 Chipset or pass on this deal.

      Return the Airpods if you can YMMV as another poster mentioned and get an additional $$$ off your purchase. Makes the deal even better.
    • Report Post
    • I tried to return them last year and was told that I would be charged extra🤔
    • Report Post
    • I just bought airpods (the older version) from costco for my wife. I assume the offer is for the Airpod V2?
    • Report Post
    • danzerino wrote: Definitely the new MBP will have a mini led and 14 inch display!!! Will be so much better
      Yeah those specs are also in the roster lol - honestly, I can't wait for the announcement, my wallet is tingling LOL. COME ON TIM APPLE!
    • Report Post
    • barold wrote: I just bought airpods (the older version) from costco for my wife. I assume the offer is for the Airpod V2?
      If I am not mistaken, the ones sold at Costco are the ones with the H1 chip so you have the latest one and it's the same as the one Apple is giving with the Macs and iPads
    • Report Post
    • Wait for this a while, thanks OP
    • Report Post
    • FYI the redesigns are rumored for the MacBook Pro models, so the computers that start at $1699 retail (assuming no price in increase with the redesigns). Quite a bit more money than the $1299 MacBook Airs (retail price not edu obv), which are still a great machine as the M1 is a powerhouse for a laptop CPU. Up to you if it's worth the wait to end of year (or potentially 2022 if delays) and the $400 (or more) extra.
    • Report Post
    • Do you need to be a current student or can anyone get this deal
    • Report Post
    • How can there be back to school???

      School isn't even OUT yet!
    • Report Post
    • teoconca wrote: I was waiting for this too, but I went with refurbished route, iPad Pro 3rd gen 12.9 256gb wifi+cellular.
      Promo works on refurbished products too?
    • Report Post
    • sunshinedlc wrote: apple back to school promotion started today. Same as last year.
      Shortest, most to the point, FYI post ever. I like it 👍
    • Report Post

Other Computers & Tablets/eReaders Deals

View all
get deal