Best Buy Best Buy: Get a Refurbished Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer for $319.99 (regularly $399.99) Save $80 on a Refurbished Dyson Supersonic!

get this deal
this offer is expired

Gift silky-smooth hair with this deal from Best Buy, where you can get a refurbished Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer for $319.99 (regularly $399.99) with free shipping -- a savings of $80.00!

All three colour options are sold by Dyson's Official Outlet and tested by Dyson engineers to meet like-new performance standards. Refurbished units may have cosmetic blemishes that do not impact performance and come with a one-year Dyson warranty.

The Supersonic Hair Dryer is one of Dyson's most popular beauty products, utilizing their air multiplier technology for precise, high-velocity airflow in the palm of your hand. For comparison, brand new models are regularly $499.99 and a few breezy features include:

  • Controlled, high-velocity airflow offers ultra-fast drying with three speed settings: fast drying, regular drying and styling
  • Four precise heat settings include 100°C fast drying and styling, 80°C regular drying, 60°C gentle drying and 28°C constant cold
  • Integrated microprocessor measures air temperature 20 times per second for optimal hair care
  • Powerful digital motor is enveloped in a vibration reduction system with one inaudible frequency
  • Magnetic attachments let you make adjustments quickly and easily
  • Heat Shield technology lets attachment surfaces stay cool, making it perfect for close-up styling
  • Includes a smoothing nozzle, styling concentrator and diffuser attachments

This offer is available online until April 29 and all three colours qualify for free shipping from Best Buy.

32 Comments

View all
    • I was looking at these and saw they were $500 new. I suppose this refurb one is a good price, but who tf pays this much for a hairdryer with a twoyear warranty?
    • Report Post
    • good price! i'm assuming this is HD01 based on the colors?
    • Report Post
    • I've said it before on these Dyson "refurb" deals but I'll say it again:

      Just buy it from Shopper's Drug Mart. They have 20x points events all the time.

      Buy it at regular price then, with 20x points, you're getting 30 cents per dollar you spend back. Right now if I add the $499.99 regular price Hair Dryer to my cart it says I get 7485 in regular points or 149700 with the 20x event. This is worth $149.70 back. If you then spend those during the Spend your points events which are almost once every 2 months you can make those points worth 1.5x their value. So your $149.70 is worth $224.55 in merchandise.

      Spend $500, get $224.55 back in Shopper's money. For a NEW, not refurbished, Dyson Hair Dryer. Plus you still can get 1% with Rakuten.

      Refurb: $319.99 ($361.59 with tax)
      New: $499.99 ($564.99 with tax) - $224.55 = $340.44
    • Report Post
    • Drakestar wrote: I was looking at these and saw they were $500 new. I suppose this refurb one is a good price, but who tf pays this much for a hairdryer with a twoyear warranty?
      I don't have one... but my hair dresser has one... usually it takes about 30 minutes to dry my hair with a hair dryer.... this thing took 10 minutes, if that. If I ever decide to buy myself a hair dryer, the extra money is totally worth the time I would save by using it.
    • Report Post
    • jdawgg94 wrote: I've said it before on these Dyson "refurb" deals but I'll say it again:

      Just buy it from Shopper's Drug Mart. They have 20x points events all the time.

      Buy it at regular price then, with 20x points, you're getting 30 cents per dollar you spend back. Right now if I add the $499.99 regular price Hair Dryer to my cart it says I get 7485 in regular points or 149700 with the 20x event. This is worth $149.70 back. If you then spend those during the Spend your points events which are almost once every 2 months you can make those points worth 1.5x their value. So your $149.70 is worth $224.55 in merchandise.

      Spend $500, get $224.55 back in Shopper's money. For a NEW, not refurbished, Dyson Hair Dryer. Plus you still can get 1% with Rakuten.

      Refurb: $319.99 ($361.59 with tax)
      New: $499.99 ($564.99 with tax) - $224.55 = $340.44
      You've failed to mention Shoppers Drug Mart's massive mark ups on most of their items. I try to avoid buying there as much as possible. Unless the item you're looking for is on sale, I wouldn't recommend it.

      For example, Dr. Scholl's men's work insoles is sold at SDM for $23 at regular price. I can get these exact same ones from Wal-Mart for $18 at regular price. This is a 22% markup. With the 20x points event, $149.70 is 30% of the $500 item. If you spend the points back on these kind of mark ups, you're not saving much. It's only worthwhile if it's on sale, whenever that will be. The points system is constantly recycled to cover the mark ups.

      With the $149.70 that you've saved and if I were to buy these insoles, I can buy 6 of them from SDM as opposed to Wal-Mart where I can get 8 with no conditions. The points limits your selection and when you (want to) spend them as opposed to direct savings. This is just my opinion but I prefer not to be locked into this kind of marketing tactic.
    • Report Post
    • jungling wrote: I don't have one... but my hair dresser has one... usually it takes about 30 minutes to dry my hair with a hair dryer.... this thing took 10 minutes, if that. If I ever decide to buy myself a hair dryer, the extra money is totally worth the time I would save by using it.
      That is impressive! IIRC, theyhave a line for professionals, something to do with the filter getting clogged with product (spray etc) in a professional setting.
    • Report Post
    • Out of the topic, last year there was a free attachment giveaway from Dyson. Has anyone received it yet? It was also a post on RFD. Thanks
    • Report Post
    • EnyCe wrote: You've failed to mention Shoppers Drug Mart's massive mark ups on most of their items. I try to avoid buying there as much as possible. Unless the item you're looking for is on sale, I wouldn't recommend it.

      For example, Dr. Scholl's men's work insoles is sold at SDM for $23 at regular price. I can get these exact same ones from Wal-Mart for $18 at regular price. This is a 22% markup. With the 20x points event, $149.70 is 30% of the $500 item. If you spend the points back on these kind of mark ups, you're not saving much. It's only worthwhile if it's on sale, whenever that will be. The points system is constantly recycled to cover the mark ups.

      With the $149.70 that you've saved and if I were to buy these insoles, I can buy 6 of them from SDM as opposed to Wal-Mart where I can get 8 with no conditions. The points limits your selection and when you (want to) spend them as opposed to direct savings. This is just my opinion but I prefer not to be locked into this kind of marketing tactic.
      Wal-Mart doesn't have points though, so you would just be paying $149.70 in cash vs. PC points, in which case 1 pack of insoles at Wal-Mart is more expensive than the 6 packs you'd get from Shoppers.
    • Report Post
    • Got a refurb from eBay over one year back.
      Really pleased with the quality and condition.

      One major complaint though, the power brick and heavy-duty wire are always dangling and extremely heavy. It's very poor design IMO and I'm surprised Dyson would not catch this in user testing.
      To make things worse the cable is excessively long and needs to be coiled up with a zip tie.
      I ended up installing a 3M-copycat hook on the wall to hold it up, and that hook has since fallen from the weight.

      It is annoying enough that I wouldn't buy it again for that one reason.
    • Report Post
    • Shady67 wrote: Wal-Mart doesn't have points though, so you would just be paying $149.70 in cash vs. PC points, in which case 1 pack of insoles at Wal-Mart is more expensive than the 6 packs you'd get from Shoppers.
      PC points events have to come from somewhere, which is SDM's mark ups. Wal-Mart is an every day low price, I don't have to wait until there's a points event to make my purchase nor do I have to time my purchases to gain more points. I'm not waiting 2 months to get new insoles over points lol. Stock comes into play too, SDM does not carry much stock of their products and stocktrack doesn't work with SDM.
    • Report Post
    • My wife and I have one. It really is a superior hair dryer and works way faster than other ones. Now that I'm getting pandemic length hair from no haircuts, I truly appreciate it more than ever.
    • Report Post
    • Following their vacuum trend, I think they will eventually come out with a wireless model. Waiting on that. :)
    • Report Post
    • EnyCe wrote: I just noticed on your sig that the fuchsia/nickel one is on sale for the same price but not the eBay store. I'll update the thread to include this one. Thanks for mentioning it.
      Just posting a similar deal from another vendor. It's not a part of my sig and I am in no way endorsing BestBuy or Dyson and I don't take any commission. 😲
    • Report Post
    • d_source wrote: Just posting a similar deal from another vendor. It's not a part of my sig and I am in no way endorsing BestBuy or Dyson and I don't take any commission. 😲
      Oh my bad, the link looked like a sig because it wasn't a url haha. It had the full product title.
    • Report Post
    • EnyCe wrote: PC points events have to come from somewhere, which is SDM's mark ups. Wal-Mart is an every day low price, I don't have to wait until there's a points event to make my purchase nor do I have to time my purchases to gain more points. I'm not waiting 2 months to get new insoles over points lol. Stock comes into play too, SDM does not carry much stock of their products and stocktrack doesn't work with SDM.
      Both sides have valid points, however if you buy some items that are relatively flat in price, like baby formula or some grocery items you aren't worst off as Walmart sells it pretty much at the same price. Points can also be used at other pc chains, albeit at no bonus rate.

      Even if you forgo the extra redemption days, it's still only $50 more expensive for new vs refurb. For an item of this cost, that's relatively negligible but YMMV on that.
    • Report Post
    • EnyCe wrote: PC points events have to come from somewhere, which is SDM's mark ups. Wal-Mart is an every day low price, I don't have to wait until there's a points event to make my purchase nor do I have to time my purchases to gain more points. I'm not waiting 2 months to get new insoles over points lol. Stock comes into play too, SDM does not carry much stock of their products and stocktrack doesn't work with SDM.
      You can redeem point for grocery at any Loblaw stores, so it is basically cash.
    • Report Post
    • I got one of these for my wife a couple of years ago. Refurb quality was excellent and her hair drying time went from 20+ minutes to about 7. Highly recommended!
    • Report Post

Other Beauty Supplies & Personal Care Deals

View all

Other Best Buy Deals

View all
get deal