[Merged] Toyota Hiring Assessment

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2010 10:33 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
Scotian Lotion wrote: I got contacted this week about the Day 2 of testing. It was summer of 2007 when I did the Day 1 testing on the computers at Conestoga College.

I made the appointment to do the production simulation testing in Cambridge, but not sure if I'm going to do it.

I currently make $60k/year in a very secure job that I'm not worried about losing... taking a contract job, to make less money in the first 1-2 years in an industry as flaky as automotive might be a bit too high risk.
is your company hiring? :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
jordanr1987 wrote: I just got called to participate in a day of onsite testing for the contract production team member position in cambridge

i think its been over 2 years since i've done anything with them but i booked my appointment anyways

the time was from 7am-noon so i guess things have changed since 2007 where people did the 9 hour testing?

7am-noon? wtf? I wish ....

When I did it last year, it was full 8hrs ... and the physical portion of the examination is a killer!! Few people in my group walked out ...
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
well heres the email from toyota:

"The Assessment Center (Day 2) process consists of a Hands-on Production
Simulation and will require up to 5 hours and will take place at Toyota
Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc. (TMMC), located in Cambridge, Ontario."
Nov 14, 2009
1 posts
I'm in phase III. I am attending the 5-hour physical hands-on work simulation in Cambridge tomorrow, wish me luck :) I am very excited, this would really help in all aspects of life. How many phases are there to be completed? I think I'm in Day1 of Day2 for the Phase III process.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
jordanr1987 wrote: well heres the email from toyota:

"The Assessment Center (Day 2) process consists of a Hands-on Production
Simulation and will require up to 5 hours and will take place at Toyota
Motor Manufacturing Canada Inc. (TMMC), located in Cambridge, Ontario."
I guess they changed things up a bit ..

When I went, the physical part had 3 different parts from what I recall.

Welding, connecting cables inside the vehicle, weights section.

Each one measured your speed and accuracy.

Weights section was the worst. You had to pick different weights based on what the computer told you and then put them on the wall again based on where the computer told you. There were about 5 width rows, and about 6 height rows. For each one, you "had" to make sure you were doing it properly; posture, etc as there was a camera recording you.
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
well after i did the hands on test and they called me back today (2-3 weeks later)
and i have a interview dec 15th :cheesygri
Dec 10, 2009
74 posts
1 upvote
MikeWangster wrote: I was thinking of applying for a coop position there. Anyone have experience with internships at the K-W location?
In my last position I worked for a automation company and we did a lot of work TMMC and I can tell you that the majority of their engineers worked as co-ops and graduated from Waterloo.

May I ask what your field of study is and what position are you applying for?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1047 posts
127 upvotes
Kitchener
Anyone know how long it will take to get a message for first test? I know the next hire is going to be a fast one. I'm just wondering should this be a day-to-day thing to check. Or, should I space it out and check weekly?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
dragon wrote: Anyone know how long it will take to get a message for first test? I know the next hire is going to be a fast one. I'm just wondering should this be a day-to-day thing to check. Or, should I space it out and check weekly?
for the computer test?

im not sure if they are doing that anymore
but you can check the toyota application website to see your status

http://updatemyapplication.com/tmmc/Appstat1.asp
enter the info you used for the application click confirm and then display status

if it is for the computer test - i did that part a year or 2 ago and then did the hands on testing about a month ago and had my final interview yesterday as they want to hire 800 to start in march
Dec 17, 2009
2 posts
I went for the 5 hour testing yesterday, and boy am I glad it wasn't 9 hours!! It was pretty intense for sure but only one person left before the end. I have an interview coming up and then the ref check. After that is medical assessment...does anyone know what this consists of? Like will they make me run on a treadmill or something? Make me pee in a cup? Please no more bending down, my thighs are killing me today :cheesygri !! LOL
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1047 posts
127 upvotes
Kitchener
Ya, I check that daily. I submitted it last Friday night, so I am not sure if I am too late for these 800 hires. I believe I have qualification for it, working in factory in between school and such. And, holding a current job aside of school. Honestly, I know it sounds stupid, but I want to get out of school to work for Toyota, mainly because I want to start to live my own life. Move out and such. I just am curious on how they contact candidates.

Dec 2, 2008
67 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
Scotian Lotion wrote: I got contacted this week about the Day 2 of testing. It was summer of 2007 when I did the Day 1 testing on the computers at Conestoga College.

I made the appointment to do the production simulation testing in Cambridge, but not sure if I'm going to do it.

I currently make $60k/year in a very secure job that I'm not worried about losing... taking a contract job, to make less money in the first 1-2 years in an industry as flaky as automotive might be a bit too high risk.
you got nothing to worry about if you working for Toyota! it's a different story if your working with GM, Chrysler, or Ford.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
1170 posts
12 upvotes
So after the phase 2 - 5 hr testing, how long can you expect to wait before they give you a call to do additional phases or even an interview?
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
custy wrote: So after the phase 2 - 5 hr testing, how long can you expect to wait before they give you a call to do additional phases or even an interview?
i got called for interview 2 weeks after the 5 hour test and schedualed the interview the following week

it wasn't really your typical interview with the 'tell me about yourself why do u want to work for toyota etc'
they asked me what my duties/responsibilites at my 3 previous jobs were and alot of the questions were based on situations
ie 'describe one situation where the boss asked you to do something that wasn't feasbale'
'describe one situation where you did something you weren't asked to do but went above and beyond'
'describe one situation where you had to lead a group to complete a task the boss gave you' etc..
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1047 posts
127 upvotes
Kitchener
Well, I am accepted to participate in the first stage (1/3). Wish me luck, even though my brother says its very easy to pass.
Deal Addict
Sep 8, 2007
1170 posts
12 upvotes
Does anyone know how long the interview is? 30 mins? 1 hr?

Thanks
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2009
1058 posts
50 upvotes
London ON
custy wrote: Does anyone know how long the interview is? 30 mins? 1 hr?

Thanks
mine was just under an hour
didnt seem like it though as they asked you alot of questions
Mar 8, 2008
771 posts
64 upvotes
Does TMMC hire post-secondary students for summer positions? Do they only hire the children of employees? I'd like to apply for a job there as a student.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2005
9005 posts
5728 upvotes
dragon wrote: Well, I am accepted to participate in the first stage (1/3). Wish me luck, even though my brother says its very easy to pass.
Computer test is a joke!! No need to worry!
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1047 posts
127 upvotes
Kitchener
boyoflondon wrote: Computer test is a joke!! No need to worry!
My thought exactly! lol.

Any ideas when I would get next call?

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)