Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Tiger Direct

WD Media Player $119.99 at Tigerdirect.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2009 12:09 pm
Tags:
241 replies
Jul 8, 2007
146 posts
4 upvotes
I have this box and I love it. I bought it for 119.99 on boxing day. so its a pretty decent price if this is the kind of thing you need. it plays all my HD movies perfectly.
Mar 30, 2004
520 posts
55 upvotes
There's no way that BB will pricematch TD is there?

edit: D'oh! I didn't see that Pr0metheus had already asked the same question
Deal Fanatic
Sep 8, 2005
6652 posts
1509 upvotes
Ontario
Shak wrote: There's no way that BB will pricematch TD is there?

edit: D'oh! I didn't see that Pr0metheus had already asked the same question
It's alright man, those bling bling earrings in your avatar probably blinded you.
890 posts
216 upvotes
Ancaster
Great unit at a great price. It was $99 USD at BB in the states a few weeks back. The best price that I've seen so far is $89 US at Dell.com.

Here is Sony's version of it: Link
Oct 1, 2006
51 posts
3 upvotes
I had Best Buy price match with Tiger Direct 2 days ago for a Western Digital 1TB External Hard Drive.

Wow, I almost wrote that as:

I had BB PM w TD 2d ago for a WD 1TB HD.

But I thought that looked a little crazy. RFD is making me speak almost only in Acronyms :|
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2004
2069 posts
1026 upvotes
Nepean
Busiu wrote: Great unit at a great price. It was $99 USD at BB in the states a few weeks back. The best price that I've seen so far is $89 US at Dell.com.

Here is Sony's version of it: Link
OMG .. That is so freakin funny, and true. I'm still laughing at the Sony version.
Wrocky
Oct 1, 2006
51 posts
3 upvotes
Can anyone explain why you would buy this as opposed to just hooking your computer up to your TV? Most new computers have HDMI out and come with remotes...
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2006
2211 posts
424 upvotes
Be careful, the customer service of tigerdirect.ca and directcanada.ca are really bad! I ordered a motherboard from directcanada.ca before christmas. Then delievered me a defective one. I paied $20 to ship it back. Directcanada.ca charged me 25% restocking fee. Therefor, I end up paied $5.99(deliever & shipping fee) + $20 (shipping back) +25% restocking fee and got nothing except angry and money loss!

Never do business with Directcanada.ca and tigerdirect!

You are warnned!!!
Dec 8, 2001
890 posts
216 upvotes
Ancaster
howellboyd wrote: Can anyone explain why you would buy this as opposed to just hooking your computer up to your TV? Most new computer have HDMI out and come with remotes...
Get married and you'll get your answer. A wife won't allow a PC to clutter up the living room AV centre + there is no fan.
Feb 25, 2007
796 posts
7 upvotes
Richmond
can i use this thing as a PVR(personal video recorder) to record tv shows?
Sep 4, 2006
919 posts
92 upvotes
good one, but the reviews say that it doesnot support DTS audio. what a waste if it doesn't.
Dec 8, 2001
890 posts
216 upvotes
Ancaster
dryang wrote: can i use this thing as a PVR(personal video recorder) to record tv shows?
No... the only input that it has is for external USB media.
Aug 23, 2004
349 posts
17 upvotes
Toronto
jus get a xbox 360 n u can stream HD movies wirelessly from ur cpu ...even mkv now with tversity
Deal Addict
Jan 7, 2008
2627 posts
946 upvotes
Yes you can use a PC, or an XBOX360, or a Popcorn Hour, but this isn't meant to compete with those. It is $120 and well worth it for what is does.
Jan 26, 2007
129 posts
5 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered. Exactly what I was looking for.

Just hope TigerDirect's online service is good. I went to their physical store in Markham a year ago, and thought it was a grey-market dump.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4865 posts
188 upvotes
GTA
If I can't get this PM'd anywhere, I'll be buying. I was tempted at $150, so this is great!
Rock it.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)