Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Rogers

Rogers Cable Deal: $32 for Digital VIP, approx. $38 tax-in, Reg. $61.97

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 16th, 2011 11:31 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1104 posts
149 upvotes

[Rogers] Rogers Cable Deal: $32 for Digital VIP, approx. $38 tax-in, Reg. $61.97

I had bad experiences with Rogers for last several months, so disconnected my services with them when I moved last month. Then found out Bell is even worse.

Found a local rogers agent (Victor), who actually work for Rogers promotion dptmnt and gave me this wicked deal. $32 for Digital VIP, incl digital box for 1 yr (Reg $61.97). Also any extra multicultural or packages 50% off for 4 months. Victor told me its a new rogers customer win-back promo and he has never seen deal like this before in 7 yrs. At first I called rogers, but they couldnt match this promo for me. But then Victor somehow did it, and Rogers called me back later for confirmation of new activation. My total came to $46.53 with Dig-VIP + 1 multiCult channel + SD box. I pushed the rogers rep to throw in HD box free, but he told me he cant do both promo at the same time. Try with the rogers rep, if doesnt work, call Victor (416) 823-4988, he told me he cud arrange anywhere in GTA. Good luck!
526 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2005
5485 posts
384 upvotes
Mississauga
i m guessing this would not work for existing customers and only new activations..right?
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2003
1508 posts
706 upvotes
Toronto
Dumb question..... Victor is probably going to get slammed with calls... is he ok with this??

If he is, cool - cause I'll be calling!
Aug 13, 2003
113 posts
2 upvotes
Toronto
is this ontop of your basic cable bill?

What does your bill come out to monthly?
Deal Addict
Feb 24, 2007
3870 posts
1461 upvotes
Toronto
when you sign a 1 year contract on Rogers Cable with them..is there any fee for breaking the contract early or what??
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
20241 posts
8367 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
wmahmud wrote: when you sign a 1 year contract on Rogers Cable with them..is there any fee for breaking the contract early or what??
My understanding is that you have to give them back whatever you saved in promotions if you cancel early.
Deal Addict
Aug 30, 2007
2464 posts
70 upvotes
Kinda on a related note, recently I was offered the same VIP package for $42ish (before tax) for one year (or six months, I can't remember right now) with up to 3 free HD/SD-PVRs for 2 years. It was kinda weird cause I was speaking to a wireless retentions representative and she randomly brought that up.
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
I wonder if I can get such a deal for my res, I move in on Saturday and usually pay 55 bucks after tax for VIP, tho I'd love an HD box, bringing by big LCD to school this year
Jan 19, 2007
64 posts
8 upvotes
BRANTFORD
1 yr free terminal rental is new promo offered by Rogers. Locked into 2 year contract. Should've been able to get any box.
Apr 28, 2008
249 posts
165 upvotes
mississauga
benbronco wrote: is this ontop of your basic cable bill?

What does your bill come out to monthly?
Digital V.I.P includes basic cable
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1420 posts
85 upvotes
I have been with Rogers for a while now, and wonder what is bad about Bell ? ....I know they throttle BT for the internet side of things... :(
Thank you in advance for your help !
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1104 posts
149 upvotes
Trying to answer all questions (too many, lol):

I dont know how long this promo is for, but I just got it yesterday, so assuming be there at least for some time from now.

I think so too, that its for new customers only, but not sure, might work for existing customers as well. But at this price, I would cancel my service first, and take another line with Victor (obviously after confirming with Victor)

haha, yes Victor is okay with it. Cause he is a nice guy offering me this good deal, and I asked him abt the sea of calls (RFD effect), he is okay with it.

nopes, this is the whole package price. The bill would be arnd $39 with tax, I have my bill $46.53 cause I have one multicultural channel (which is also 50% off, for $7.50 a month, reg $15)

this is not really a contract, rather your price is going to be remaining fixed (rogers rep told me its $30 credit every month, so $360 per year credit total).

Rogers rep said for HD box, I have to pay $9 extra per month (Hd Box - SD box = difference)
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1134 posts
3 upvotes
I'm sorry i didn't really understand you.

Do you mean, we don't need to be on a contract with this. I want the VIP package, as i don't have any cable right now, so this would be a good deal if there is no contract.

Yes, i'm terrified of commitments! :o
CHANGE
Lost my Garmin Nuvi, it's piano black, Toronto, Yonge street, if you find it please ping me
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1104 posts
149 upvotes
I am afraid of commitments too. Rep told me its a verbal contract, no regular contract signing, you can break anytime. From my understanding, its a commitment of the price, not commitment of yours as a curtomer. but please confirm with the rep again when you get ur connection.
eskimono wrote: I'm sorry i didn't really understand you.

Do you mean, we don't need to be on a contract with this. I want the VIP package, as i don't have any cable right now, so this would be a good deal if there is no contract.

Yes, i'm terrified of commitments! :o
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1134 posts
3 upvotes
innacana wrote: I am afraid of commitments too. Rep told me its a verbal contract, no regular contract signing, you can break anytime. From my understanding, its a commitment of the price, not commitment of yours as a curtomer. but please confirm with the rep again when you get ur connection.
Oh i love verbal contracts, so romantic! :cheesygri

If only marriages are like that.

(called Vic btw)

UPDATE:

Okay, called Vic, then he made a call back. Gave him address and told him i'm a BELL ExpressVu customer. Another Rogers department will call me to arrange a time.

:cheesygri THANKS OP, awesome deal.

He did say that I should show the technicians the Bell bill! What Bell bill?!?! lol

If someone wants to scan a Bell bill and put it up here (remove your personal information pls), itd be great.

OK, crappy Update! :evil:

Rogers called just now (not Vic) to make the arrangement. They said its for a 12 months commitment, afterwhich, the price will revert to $60 plus. Which got me a little peeved!!! I asked for Victor to call me back because i can't commit.

Good Update: :idea:
Vic just called again and confirmed that its a vermal agreement as OP suggested and customers don't sign anything. Just say yeah yeah whatever whatever and move on to setting a time.
CHANGE
Lost my Garmin Nuvi, it's piano black, Toronto, Yonge street, if you find it please ping me
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2007
1134 posts
3 upvotes
Got a confirmation for the setup time and date.

The customer rep did say: if you don't show the technician a BELL bill, he won't install it! Someone upload a bell bill please :D (don't forget to remove your personals)
CHANGE
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2007
1104 posts
149 upvotes
another good update: lots of people who are existing customers, you are not eligible for this promo, as technically its for the ppl switching from Bell. But there's one trick, you can dc rogers now, wait 1-2 weeks, and get the connection again through Victor. Then Rogers will assume that you tried Bell and back to Rogers again. The only downside is to sacrifice ur cable for 1-2 weeks.

Please DO NOT call Rogers and ask abt this promo, they might cancel the promo earlier (they dont have any dates yet) than scheduled. because it seems that they cant match this promo from their dptmnts anyways, except promotion dptmnt where Victor works for.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2003
2258 posts
438 upvotes
Toronto West
I guess techs are getting special deals now.. here is one offered by mine, was left on my door today... FWIW

Sorry for the huge pics... if you dont have the high speed internet to deal with the huge pictures, wait for them to load and call the number! :lol:
Feedback - Hofo--Heatware--RedFlag[/B]
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
I have a side question for Richmond Hill Rogers Customers. Currently, my GF's grandfather receives Fairchild for FREE on Analogue Cable. I understand he has to pay for this channel if he switched to Digital.

Can you provide advice on keeping this channel and was your bill considerably higher than paying for standard Analogue service?

Also, I realize there's a multicultural package but they only watch Fairchild and I'm trying to save them money.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)