Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

$40 Dell.ca pocket router, works great for xbox 360 as a wireless adapter!

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 6th, 2008 9:43 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton

[Dell] $40 Dell.ca pocket router, works great for xbox 360 as a wireless adapter!

When you set it in client mode, you can use it to have an xbox 360 wireless adapter, and it can be plugged into the front USB port of the xbox 360 to power it.

You can also use this as a router of course, and you can also use it in a hotel, [which is especially good where they offer a wired connection only, and you need a wireless connection, or if several of you need to share the hotel internet connection.] $40 is an excellent price on this, with free shipping.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/product ... u=A0436214

Highlights

* Create a wireless network in a room where a single Ethernet port is provided
* Share a single broadband Internet connection, such as in a hotel room
* Assigns IP addresses to ensure everyone in the room can connect to the Internet
* Allows connection to an existing wireless network, without having to install complicated drivers or additional software
* Supports WPA-PSK to secure your wireless data communications

Overview
Portable and convenient wireless solution for the traveling business person, AirPlus G High-Speed Mode Wireless Pocket Router from D-Link
77 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 20, 2003
10476 posts
656 upvotes
New-Brunswick
ordered one, thanks
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
3806 posts
23 upvotes
heffie wrote: Where did you find the WRT54GC for $40?
Bought it on clearance at Staples after Boxing week. Now they're clearing out D-Link Wifi G for $40 too.
Banned
Jun 21, 2005
4231 posts
5 upvotes
HAHAHA. POCKET ROUTER! I wonder what would happen if the internet crashed?! :(
Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger.
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2005
4516 posts
159 upvotes
does it offer poor reception like almost every other pocket router out there?
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
2393 posts
2116 upvotes
Waterloo
sexpuppet6000 wrote: HAHAHA. POCKET ROUTER! I wonder what would happen if the internet crashed?! :(
Hey, that's not funny!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
HowEver wrote: By bridging the signal from your wireless bas station/router (or your neighbour's).
We didn't have to bridge our signal, I don't think... when the device switch is set to the middle switch, which is client mode, it actually acts as a wireless adapter, much the same way the Microsoft xbox adapter would work. You can set it up through the Xbox 360 network menu. Because it is connecting through our router, we had to enter our main router's passphrase (security password previously set on main router) on the Xbox 360 network setup menu.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2007
3531 posts
642 upvotes
Corktown
Ordered. Thanks OP. I have a laptop (that has PC card problems) that needs wireless. I tried to get one of these from Canada Computers back around Christmas for around $60, so $40 is a no brainer.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 21, 2003
7408 posts
1557 upvotes
Edmonton
nitroblu wrote: does it offer poor reception like almost every other pocket router out there?
I've not use it as a main router, but as an Xbox 360 adapter, we've had no troubles with it being hooked to our main router via client mode on the pocket router. [Our main router is based only 12 feet or so from the Xbox 360, though.]

Here's a photo of how tiny it is (next to a pop can, for comparison...) I've also placed the travel case beside it.
[IMG]http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/8585 ... kz9.th.jpg[/IMG]
Feb 19, 2006
236 posts
13 upvotes
would this also work with xbox; running xbox media centre?
Jul 4, 2005
968 posts
180 upvotes
I'm not entirely sure how this is compared to the FON router, but the Fon router can be sometimes be gotten for free or as cheap as $5 (prices which I paid for mine) if a promotion is going on.

Dunno how often the FON routers go for free though.
Dec 30, 2003
125 posts
45 upvotes
Thanks OP... ordered...

I actually only needed a wireless USB adapter for my desktop... but this is much more versatile for a similar price... :)
Aug 2, 2003
713 posts
38 upvotes
We were told that only the special $129.99 Microsoft hookup would work, so...we bought that, but...

We travel with 2 laptops, in a hotel that has only one non-wireless connection, we could use this?

Can someone explain how simple it would be?
2014: Keurig
2014: $500 cash

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)