Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Onkyo TX-SR605 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver $260 USD @ ecost.com

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 18th, 2008 11:47 am
Tags:
None
Mar 24, 2004
533 posts
64 upvotes
Brampton

Onkyo TX-SR605 7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver $260 USD @ ecost.com

I know that there is a new year 2008 606 model with 4 HDMI in (http://www.productwiki.com/onkyo-tx-sr606/) versus the 2 in on this 605 and some change in video processing chip, but this is a great deal. No shipping to Canada though so you need to have an Amerifriend or can idrive across the border to a mail pick-up location.

http://www.ecost.com/detail.aspx?edp=38 ... urce=K3736

[IMG]http://www.accessories4less.com/mas_ass ... XSR605.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.accessories4less.com/mas_ass ... R605_1.jpg[/IMG]
52 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
Definitely a hot deal, methinks! Does anyone have an idea what the total end price would be to have this shipped to a mail pick-up location and taking it across the border?
Mar 24, 2004
533 posts
64 upvotes
Brampton
game_fanatic wrote: Definitely a hot deal, methinks! Does anyone have an idea what the total end price would be to have this shipped to a mail pick-up location and taking it across the border?
Cost of shipping depends where you live. I put in zip 14305 for Niagara Falls, NY and it was $29.34 ground. At the border you pay PST and GST, no duties. Plus factor in your gas and time.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2006
5231 posts
143 upvotes
Ottawa
worth the 73 dollar over night? How much in Canada is it being sold?
Deal Fanatic
Dec 17, 2007
6413 posts
2704 upvotes
Watson wrote: Cost of shipping depends where you live. I put in zip 14305 for Niagara Falls, NY and it was $29.34 ground. At the border you pay PST and GST, no duties. Plus factor in your gas and time.
Excellent my dear Watson, thank you! :lol:
May 9, 2002
268 posts
33 upvotes
Be careful - go to AVSforum and you'll see quite a few threads about Onkyos x05 series reliability.

I purchased the SR-805 from 6ave with a 5% coupon code and it crapped out on me in 9 days after receipt (LCD/IR panel went kaput). Other people reported bigger issues - smoking/popping capacitors/PSUs, extreme heat issues, etc. These were on units from the SR-505 right up to the SR-875/905.

I cannot recommend this line, simply because we're up north - Onkyo technically does not transfer warranties to Canada, so it's a huge pain for us if it fails (I live about 5 km from an Authorized Onkyo Canada repair shop). I actually returned the SR-805 and had them ship me the new Yamaha V663 instead - $160 cheaper, and has been running perfectly!
Jan 11, 2008
54 posts
1 upvote
Ottawa
From the site:

7.1 Channel Home Theater Receiver (TX-SR605)
HDMI V1.3 repeater (2in/1out, 1080p compatible), Dolby Digital Plus, Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD decoding, XM Ready with XMHD Surround, 90 Watts/Channel at 8 ohms (FTC) (Manufacturer Recertified)

Notice the part I bolded.
Sep 24, 2005
516 posts
44 upvotes
Gr8full wrote: From the site:
(Manufacturer Recertified)
So chances are, you could get ninja6o4's old unit... :D
Deal Addict
Mar 2, 2006
1844 posts
331 upvotes
Toronto/GTA
jcoltage wrote: worth the 73 dollar over night? How much in Canada is it being sold?
i havent seen any recertified units being sold in Canada, but BNIB usually sells for ~$500
PSN ID: liquidimpulse
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
35606 posts
18999 upvotes
ninja6o4 wrote: Onkyo technically does not transfer warranties to Canada, so it's a huge pain for us if it fails (I live about 5 km from an Authorized Onkyo Canada repair shop). I actually returned the SR-805 and had them ship me the new Yamaha V663 instead - $160 cheaper, and has been running perfectly!
Actually Onkyo Canada is perhaps the worst handler of US units among the various manufacturers. Most just won't warranty the unit (you have to go back to the US or pay for a repair).

But Onkyo Canada takes it one step further apparently. They will not touch a unit with a US serial number even if you want to pay them to repair it! They just refuse.
Deal Addict
Jan 13, 2007
4831 posts
361 upvotes
I was myself tempted to buy something from eCost, they being one of the few Internet stores which deals with Canadians with very good prices too.
However they have a bad reputation especially with refurbished stuff as you can read at resellerratings.com
Anyway if someone buys this Onkyo from eCost please share your story here.
Mar 12, 2005
383 posts
12 upvotes
NL
even if this was free, and I had to do nothing but place the order with ecost, I wouldn't do it.

Short story: the worst online experience of my life.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2003
7813 posts
852 upvotes
Vancouver
recertified or not the price is killer, I paid $373ca final cost right into my home in Nov 07

the scary thing>>> Ecost

I would not touch them with a ten foot pole read their reviews, yes some have done okday but majority purchases have been a nightmare
How can I be broke when I am saving so much?
Deal Addict
May 11, 2007
1211 posts
920 upvotes
Kitchener
its a killer price....i was looking for one.. 2001audiovideo still charges around 700 for the same receiver

which other receivers would you compare with Onkyo
HK 347
Yamaha
Denon(currently for $329 at BB)
Nov 19, 2006
177 posts
Semi- off topic, but what have you heard about Accessories4less? I'm looking at a couple of the Marantz receivers they have there and they look pretty nice. I'd pick up the Onkyo 605 in second at 299 there if it weren't for the warranty problem...
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
Guys, for the price that one pays over here, you're all better off paying a little more and getting the Yamaha RX-V663. Has all the features of the 605, no overheating problems, PLUS it can matrix 5.1 TrueHD to 7.1 in LPCM mode. I got one from JR.com. It was $399 US plus tax. My in-laws brought it over recently.
JR ships to Canada. Go to their site, get the number and ask for Alex. It's even cheaper at a store called 6thAve/6Ave in NYC, but I'm not sure if they have a website or they ship to Canada. You may be able to get JR.com to pricematch 6Ave though.

And I say this having posted similar deals on Onkyo receivers from eCost here before.
Yes I do have heatware. Look over here! Yes, here! Heatware: fitbrit
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2006
1136 posts
30 upvotes
I was planning to head to Minneapolis and buy this at Circuit City over there. They have it in stock, hopefully, they price match ecost :D

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)