• Feb 7th, 2008 4:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2002
2654 posts
2 upvotes

Indoor Pictures

so any photographers in gta recommend a place thats good for indoor wedding pictures?

its for some simple shots, no photographer was hired so the bride and groom don`t know anyplace
23 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
No photographer was hired? There are plenty of wedding photographers on this board, including myself... A wedding is once in a lifetime moment for most people, how can they skimp out on the photographer? =/
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2235 posts
93 upvotes
Toronto
CSAgent wrote: No photographer was hired? There are plenty of wedding photographers on this board, including myself... A wedding is once in a lifetime moment for most people, how can they skimp out on the photographer? =/
you would be surprised at how many times i hear this exact thing happen. i have a feeling couples are sometimes forced into having a full wedding when they only want to sign the papers. its a parents thing. either that or they are very very disorganized.
Banned
Nov 19, 2005
2985 posts
6 upvotes
Markham/Kingston
I am not a wedding photographer but I do know a little bit about photography. These people need to find a wedding photographer to capture the precious moments of their wedding. Friends only last so long, but photos last forever.

Anyways, I haven't been in Toronto in so long I cannot recommend a place. I would think that Casaloma would be a good place to take photos but if you have no "pro" photographers I do not know how useful such a location would be for them.

If they are too financially stretched to hire a photographer I would recommend NOT hiring these guys, but hey they only charge $200 for a wedding with TWO photographers:

http://www.freewebs.com/westiehlwedding ... graphy.htm

http://stiehlphotography.shutterfly.com ... 56e02ce403

WORST PHOTOGRAPHERS I HAVE EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE!!!

Do not skimp out on your wedding photog or you will be like this couple:

[IMG]http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/4 ... mrVk0ct2PA[/IMG]

Like me I think ALL photographers will have a real laugh at this guy's "portfolio".
Toronto Wedding, Fashion & Lifestyle Photographer
www.spencerfu.com
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
For Casa Loma you'd need a permit, with indoor locations you'll need to pay for the papers to shoot indoors. Same with most outdoor locations esp. if its a park designated for such a use.

Yeah, seriously, tell them not to skimp out on the photographer. When's their wedding? Its a slow time of the year for weddings right now so I'm pretty much available if they want a photographer. ;) I'll need a minimum of a month to free up space and time at the studio however if they want studio shots.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
CSAgent wrote: For Casa Loma you'd need a permit, with indoor locations you'll need to pay for the papers to shoot indoors. Same with most outdoor locations esp. if its a park designated for such a use.

Yeah, seriously, tell them not to skimp out on the photographer. When's their wedding? Its a slow time of the year for weddings right now so I'm pretty much available if they want a photographer. ;) I'll need a minimum of a month to free up space and time at the studio however if they want studio shots.
Sounds like you just want a job ;)
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3042 posts
21 upvotes
I imagine that their situation could work really well for an amateur photographer, too. The photographer gets to shoot a wedding and build his or her portfolio without vast amounts of (fiscal) pressure, and the couple gets a bargain.

I couldn't hurt. I bet a number of amateurs would do it for free or very close to it for the practice - of course the trade off would be there's no guarantees as to the end result.. but better than nothing, right?
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2002
2654 posts
2 upvotes
the bride and groom just want pictures after the officiant performs the ceremony at city hall, the parents aren`t even fully involved so not alot of money to help out

they`ll have their own friends to help with the photograph and video

like ryan_lau100 said, they only want to do something simple and save money

i`d tell them there are cheap photographers on RFD but they probably rather save the $ in the end

so basically you guys are telling me there is no free place to take pictures, cause casa loma you will have to pay, as will any other indoor place (can you guys at least give a list of a few indoor places that are cheap)

if not, i guess they will have to take pics at city hall then
Banned
Nov 19, 2005
2985 posts
6 upvotes
Markham/Kingston
rubberband wrote: Additional comment about that site:

Wow.

[IMG]http://shim1.shutterfly.com/procgserv/4 ... mrVk0ct2PA[/IMG]

just... wow.
Yes who goes to their own wedding in baggy pants, unbuttoned shirt, and sandals? Crappy photos for a crappy wedding.

Also my friend who started his own photography business last summer would love to do your friends wedding, possibly for a low reasonable price to build his portfolio (he's already done a couple and they look great! Just say you were recommended by Spencer:

www.japhoto.ca

[IMG]http://japhoto.ca/images/wedding_05.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://japhoto.ca/images/wedding_02.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]http://japhoto.ca/images/wedding_06.jpg[/IMG]
www.spencerfu.com
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3042 posts
21 upvotes
That last one is neat - wedding photos tend to be limited to a few different perspectives.. that's really different, which I like.
Deal Addict
Nov 17, 2003
3042 posts
21 upvotes
One more comment for the OP: Why stay indoors?

If the weather isn't truly awful, go play in the snow! The tuxes are rentals and It's not as though the dress is going to get worn again.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
Mississauga City Hall has an indoor garden
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
l69norm wrote: Mississauga City Hall has an indoor garden
Requires permit.

Kariya Park across the road is very nice too, lots of people like to do pre-wedding photos there - but again, a permit is required.

TenZor, I never shot a winter wedding so I'd welcome the challenge.

Rubberband, they still have to look presentable the rest of the day, can't get their attire dirty now can they. And I think rental places would not like their tuxes coming back all dirty from the snow - they might even tack on a cleaner's fee for excessively dirty tuxes.

Bottomline - nice places that can be used for weddings will cost between $75 to $150 for most places, both indoors and outdoors. The Royal Botanical Gardens in Burlington is $200 last time I did a wedding there

If they're going to use their friends and family, make sure one person is appointed the main position otherwise they're gonna have lots of fun gathering photos from everyone from that day. Cameras are cheap now and everyone and their grandma will have one.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
430 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Have fun!

Guildwood Park Versace style architecture, pillars, molded arches, stairs, amphitheater, fountain, lakeshore, flowers. Highly recommended. 416 392 8188

Alexander Muir Park Architecture, iron gates, trees, stairs, flowers. Recommended. 416 392 8188

Newmarket Tannery Indoor. Fountain, granite, roman architecture, balconies, pillars, iron gates, bright. Only for last minute booking in case of rain. 905 895 6833

University of Toronto Architecture, antique, castles, iron gates, trees, stairs. Highly recommended. 416 978 2187

Knox College Part of the UofT. Has indoor and outdoor areas for shooting. Architecture, antique, castles, iron gates, trees, stairs. Highly recommended. 416 978 0168

The Distillery District s One of the coolest places in town. Architecture, art, brick, iron and wooden gates, cafes. Highly recommended. Pay at the gate, Front and Mill

James Gardens Traditional park, lots of trees, flowers, bridges, some water. Busy. 416 392 8188

Garloch Gardens Park, trees, flowers, bridge, lakeshore, pond, gazebo, rose garden, benches, stairs, rocks, hills. FREE, Oakville Lakeshore

Centennial Garden Indoor greenhouse and small outdoor park, trees, flowers, rocks. 416 392 8188

Casa Loma Indoor and outdoor architecture, balconies, rod iron gates, gardens, stairs. Highly recommended. 416 923 1172

Edwards Gardens Same as James Gardens, but larger and has a fountains and a staircase. Very busy. 416 392 8188

Kensington Market s Really edgy and fun. Graffiti and locals. FREE

Adamson Estate Lakeshore, trees, flowers, stairs, amphitheater, barn, bridge, benches. Not as busy as other parks. Recommended. 905 896 5384

Osgoode Hall Architecture, stairs, fence, flowers, trees. Nice in combination with urban wedding shots on University, Queen, and Nathan Philips Square. FREE, Queen and University

Mel Lastman Square Gazebo, stairs, stage, flowers, fountain, balconies, alleys, trees, flowers. Urban shots for couples who do not want to go downtown. FREE, Yonge North of Sheppard

Harbourfront s Lakeshore, bridges, stairs, balconies, boats, outdoor cafes, trees, pool, brick walls. Recommended. Free, Lakeshore and York

Chinguacousy Park Indoor greenhouse, small outdoor park, fountain, trees, flowers, benches, bridge. 905 458 6555

Sunny Side Pavilion Roman architecture, stucco, rod iron, gates, fountain, beach, park. 416 392 8188

Richmond Green Waterfall, trees, train station, alleys. Not too much shade in the middle of the day but one of the few options North of Toronto. 905 737 1236

Allan Gardens Indoor, plants, benches. 416 392 7288
Downtown Kleinburg s Doctor's House, shops, cafes, train station, flowers. FREE

Downtown Unionville Old quaint houses, gazebo, shops, cafes, train station, flowers. FREE

McMichael Gallery Trees, rocks, barn, rustic feeling. 905 893 1121

Yorkville Benches, shop windows, sculptures, restaurants, fancy people. FREE

--------------------------------------------------

Note the better locations requires you to call ahead to book and set a fee.
Banned
Nov 19, 2005
2985 posts
6 upvotes
Markham/Kingston
Great list CSAgent. I am sure it will be really useful for them.

Sorry to see that you are temp banned? Hope to see you back here soon.
www.spencerfu.com
Sep 30, 2005
711 posts
62 upvotes
CSAgent wrote:

Downtown Unionville Old quaint houses, gazebo, shops, cafes, train station, flowers. FREE
Unionville Main Street is no longer free. It requires a $100 permit for the Main Street and another $100 for the nearby Toogood pond
Banned
Nov 19, 2005
2985 posts
6 upvotes
Markham/Kingston
SupsD wrote: Unionville Main Street is no longer free. It requires a $100 permit for the Main Street and another $100 for the nearby Toogood pond
Really?! I always see photographers there in the summertime. I wonder who will stop you from taking pictures there for free? Isn't Main St. public property? I thought people are able to take photos out in the open for free.
www.spencerfu.com
Sep 30, 2005
711 posts
62 upvotes
sfu_engineer wrote: Really?! I always see photographers there in the summertime. I wonder who will stop you from taking pictures there for free? Isn't Main St. public property? I thought people are able to take photos out in the open for free.
A Bylaw was passed around March 2007 that now requires a permit for all public places for wedding photography etc. I think for general picture taking (for tourists and one off pictures) are fine.

I just received a "Living in Markham" magazine and it also states it needs a permit for the Unionville Main St. If you want a scan, let me know.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20807 posts
6623 upvotes
London
SupsD wrote: A Bylaw was passed around March 2007 that now requires a permit for all public places for wedding photography etc. ..
The permit system stops multiple weddings from showing up at the same time, then fighting over spots.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)