Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

FREE HOME PHONE LINE for the first 5000 Residents from Toronto or Montreal

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 22nd, 2013 4:25 pm
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2005
11038 posts
1545 upvotes
Brampton

FREE HOME PHONE LINE for the first 5000 Residents from Toronto or Montreal

Not sure if this might be a hot deal but I came across this website offering a Free softphone service.

"The first 5000 residents from either Toronto or Montreal receive FREE calling to anywhere in Canada and your new phone number for life."

Also not sure how long this offer has been around, but it's worth a try :)

www.freephoneline.ca

These are some of the features included:

When you download and signup for our service you will receive free services and great choices!

* A FREE local phone number !, if you live in the 416, 647 and most 905 area codes you can receive phone calls on your new
FREEPHONELNE personal phone number. (Many new area codes will be added in 4th quarter ’07).
* Unlimited Free Local calling !
* Caller ID - The incoming caller’s phone number is displayed on the freephoneline softphone.
* Unlimited FREE Canada wide long distance calling to these major cities : Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, Calgary, Edmonton,
Winnipeg, London, Hamilton, Kitchener-Waterloo, Ottawa, Quebec City, and Halifax, and, all the towns that are a local call to these cities!
* Incredibly low long distance rates outside the coverage areas above. For rates go to www.1011295.com our sister company.
With FREEPHONELINE you dial direct without dialing 1011295.
* Full Enhanced Voicemail Service that is accessible from your phone no charge!
* Voicemail to Email a copy of the voicemail is emailed to your private email account automatically , no charge !
* Follow me service with enhanced unified messaging feature. When not at home, or if you use the PC phone and it is offline,
you can set a number to call forward your local number.. You can also set the number of rings you would like the call forwarded
for [example 3 rings to my cell phone] then if you are unavailable or you choose not to answer the call, freephoneline.ca
voicemail will play your recorded greeting taking a message.
This means you no longer need voicemail on your cell phone or other home phone lines, freephoneline.ca can be
your central messaging service.
874 replies
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
Good luck with that.

[QUOTE]Registrar: DomainsAtCost Corp.
Registrar-no: 45
Registrant-no: 1482445
Domaine-no: 1963291
Subdomain: freephoneline.ca
Renewal-Date: 2008/08/08
Date-Approved: 2007/08/08
Date-Modified: 2007/08/20
Organization: 3757277 Canada Inc. o/a 295.ca
Description: .
Admin-Name: Francisco Dominguez
Admin-Title:
Admin-Postal: 3757277 Canada Inc. (oa 295.ca)
30 Duke St. W, Suite 602
Kitchener ON N2H3W5 Canada
Admin-Phone: 5194892300
Admin-Fax: 5197725014
Admin-Mailbox: fxd@295.ca
Tech-Name: Domain Administration
Tech-Title:
Tech-Postal: 3757277 Canada Inc. (oa 295.ca)
30 Duke St. W, Suite 602
Kitchener ON N2H3W5 Canada
Tech-Phone: 5194892300
Tech-Fax: 5197725014
Tech-Mailbox: domainadmin@295.ca
NS1-Hostname: authns1.295.ca
NS1-Netaddress: 208.72.120.203
NS2-Hostname: authns2.295.ca
NS2-Netaddress: 208.79.56.203 [/QUOTE]
Deal Addict
May 6, 2006
1452 posts
207 upvotes
Toronto
Local calling generates error messages saying, "this call is not covered by your tarrif plan", and calling the # assigned to you doesnt work either.... useless!
Louis: Welcome to your first toddler pageant Stewie. Its what you do when you're in Texas.
Stewie: Oh lovely, a first class ticket to a semen stained death in the basement.
Deal Guru
May 23, 2003
10217 posts
1634 upvotes
GTA
Interesting.. SIgned up.. Will see what happens. Looks like you need to use their software and only get the VOIP config if you buy the adapter from them. Hopefully there is a way around that..
Oct 25, 2001
102 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
However, can you go into some detail with that good luck? Is there something bad about 295.ca?

I'm curious if you can access this with a SIP router. I don't know a whole lot about VOIP, but if we can get hardware to access this service, it'd be smokin.
Sep 18, 2006
541 posts
100 upvotes
silvery wrote: Local calling generates error messages saying, "this call is not covered by your tarrif plan", and calling the # assigned to you doesnt work either.... useless!
In Toronto anyways, you have to dial the international code "1" before the call goes through. Ex. 1-xxx-xxxx

Works for me.

Good luck!
Casual Trader
Heatware: 3-0
BMWWW
Jan 18, 2006
545 posts
85 upvotes
Toronto
it's been 1 min and i still haven't received confirmation e-mail. damn u yahoo mail. :evil:

edit: nvm, got the activation link. i called the number i got w/o downloading the client, and i got voice mail, will go home and check it out :D THX OP
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2001
1590 posts
91 upvotes
Maple
Signed up too, got activation email almost right away.
Free is free... no credit card needed, so nothing to lose even if it's crap.
Oct 25, 2001
102 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
I signed up, activated, and it's telling me the call is failed when I try and make a local call... Sigh... you get what you pay for...
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2003
2054 posts
181 upvotes
Its so easy to get people to give away their private info.

This site has 0 credibility, 0 history and yet people are taking it seriously. Until a few people posts that the call worked, i'm not signing up.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
2807 posts
238 upvotes
Montreal
robattoronto wrote: Its so easy to get people to give away their private info.

This site has 0 credibility, 0 history and yet people are taking it seriously. Until a few people posts that the call worked, i'm not signing up.
Well, I signed up, and now I have a month to "activate" it. I'm not sure what "private info" I'm supposed to be jealously guarding though. I've given them my name and address--information that's in any local phone book. I'm skeptical of whether this will turn out well, but it's not inconceivable to me that the offer is a legitimate way of building a reputation. It is limited to 5000, after all. But what do I know?
Voted RFD Most Helpful/Knowledgeable User in 2008

SDM mini-FAQ
*GCs don't count as a purchase for SDM promotions.
*The maximtum you can redeem at once is $500.
*For best value, get points with SDM promos, spend them at grocery stores.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2002
1178 posts
61 upvotes
Acanac did something similar (signed up and it's working great btw) so this may well be okay...
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2006
1093 posts
55 upvotes
Does it say you HAVE TO give out REAL information? You can give out ANY information except yours. It doesn't verify and works rightway. Now I just need to figure out how to config my PAP2 to work with it.

robattoronto wrote: Its so easy to get people to give away their private info.

Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2005
9869 posts
1912 upvotes
TO
acanac can be used with hardware though? or do i have to use their soft phone?
"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2002
1178 posts
61 upvotes
TorontoEh wrote: acanac can be used with hardware though? or do i have to use their soft phone?
Yup, acanac can be used with hardware (using PAP2 here).

Hopefully, someone can figure out how to use this service with a voip adapter and/or a generic softphone (x-lite).
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2003
2054 posts
181 upvotes
Meh, to "jealously guard" it, thats exaggeration, I didn't mean it that way, its not like its a creditcard # or something.

But on the other hand, if you consider your own phone, name and home address being public info. Hey, thats your prerogative. I'm not fond of getting spam snail mails or marketing calls.

If they want my personal info, they'll have to at least give me a cheap free gift for it. Not some promise of a free number. :)

Cyanne wrote: Well, I signed up, and now I have a month to "activate" it. I'm not sure what "private info" I'm supposed to be jealously guarding though. I've given them my name and address--information that's in any local phone book. I'm skeptical of whether this will turn out well, but it's not inconceivable to me that the offer is a legitimate way of building a reputation. It is limited to 5000, after all. But what do I know?
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1242 posts
97 upvotes
GTA
Keep getting the error message about their server!
Apr 5, 2005
548 posts
133 upvotes
Montreal
Tried it :
"Error Saving data to server" :mad:

RFD Effect !!!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)