Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Safeway

free wireless internet access at Safeway

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2007 1:54 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
4095 posts
1691 upvotes

[Safeway] free wireless internet access at Safeway

Some Safeway now have Starbucks coffee inside the stores. I was shopping the other day and I saw some pamphlets at the cash registers advertising free wireless internet access. You can bring your laptop in and access internet while you drink your coffee.

Update (Sep 8)
More info:
Fast Wireless Connection available in all seating areas of the store.

1. For easy access to the Safeway WiFi network, bring any device such as a laptop or PDA that is Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) enabled.

2. Set your wireless card to connect to the Safeway WiFi network. Depending on your device and operating system, instructions may vary. For most operating systems, you'll need to set your network identifier or SSID to "safewaywifi". This can be done within the network connections settings. For assistance, please call 1-888-516-3339.

3. Lauch your Internet browser and the system will redirect you to a log-in portal. Review the User Agreement, click "login", and start wandering! You're connected.
10 replies
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
13892 posts
3539 upvotes
Toronto
suziecute wrote: Some Safeway now have Starbucks coffee inside the stores. I was shopping the other day and I saw some pamphlets at the cash registers advertising free wireless internet access. You can bring your laptop in and access internet while you drink your coffee.
any info on how fast the connection is and whether it is accessible accross the street? hehe
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
4095 posts
1691 upvotes
I can't remember. I grabbed the pamphlet but I don't know where I put it.
trixstar wrote: any info on how fast the connection is and whether it is accessible accross the street? hehe
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1559 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
trixstar wrote: any info on how fast the connection is and whether it is accessible accross the street? hehe
Accessible across street?? Didn't you read the story of a person who did that recently in his car??
If "humans" are capable of the level of advancement that we have made in the last 5000 years, why is it considered normal that the other 395,000 years of human habitation has almost no technological advancement? **************USA: The land of the armed, Home of the scared******************
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2006
5143 posts
57 upvotes
Richmond bc
prying eyes wrote: Accessible across street?? Didn't you read the story of a person who did that recently in his car??

what happened?
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2004
1559 posts
23 upvotes
Calgary
ali123 wrote: what happened?
He was leeching internet using a laptop while parking his car outside the shop. The cops became suspicious and arrested him, they did charge him with unauthorised usage or something like that. Even the coffeehouse owner was aware of this only after the cops notified him.
If "humans" are capable of the level of advancement that we have made in the last 5000 years, why is it considered normal that the other 395,000 years of human habitation has almost no technological advancement? **************USA: The land of the armed, Home of the scared******************
Deal Addict
May 20, 2003
4095 posts
1691 upvotes
More info:
Fast Wireless Connection available in all seating areas of the store.

1. For easy access to the Safeway WiFi network, bring any device such as a laptop or PDA that is Wi-Fi (802.11b/g) enabled.

2. Set your wireless card to connect to the Safeway WiFi network. Depending on your device and operating system, instructions may vary. For most operating systems, you'll need to set your network identifier or SSID to "safewaywifi". This can be done within the network connections settings. For assistance, please call 1-888-516-3339.

3. Lauch your Internet browser and the system will redirect you to a log-in portal. Review the User Agreement, click "login", and start wandering! You're connected.
Dec 31, 1969
prying eyes wrote: He was leeching internet using a laptop while parking his car outside the shop. The cops became suspicious and arrested him, they did charge him with unauthorised usage or something like that. Even the coffeehouse owner was aware of this only after the cops notified him.
What a bunch of crap, like police could arrest somebody for that. This is probably just some silly urban myth that is getting spread around. Lots of stores, Staples, Office Depot, coffee shops, small Mom & Pop stores have unprotected internet...it's been happening for years...

It's handy going into Safeway with my PDA and checking my iGoogle to do list for what I need...lol...just kidding.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)