• Jul 10th, 2007 10:45 am
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes

HELP: Unable to configure my DLINK Voip adapter :(

Turning to Rfders for some help...Here is the situation...I recently bought an unlocked DLINK VTA-CV Voip adapter from another member, which was initially locked to vonage. He said its all set to go and also said he will configure one port with my user id and passwd for Voipdiscount for outgoing calls. I basically needed it for incoming calls using my Vbuzzer BuzzmeIn number.

After going thru various guides( rewards of being a tech noob :( ) I understood that I needed an XML file with the right configuration, and a server ( I downloaded TFTP). So here is where I am stuck since a couple of days..

UPDATE:

With the help of rinottawa and haytong I have got "almost" everything to work except Incoming calls on the Vbuzzer line.. I put the VTA in the DMZ zone as haytong had suggested......I am able to make outgoing calls from both the ports ( port 1 -Voipdiscount, port 2- Vbuzzer ), but I still Havent ( been able to get my most important requirement to work...INCOMING CALLS on port 2 :( ..below is the XML confg file....CAN someone who knows about this plzzz help me...i am willing to pay a nominal fee if someone can help me...

<VOICE_XML>
<PORT_1_CONFIG>
<ADMIN_STATUS>1</ADMIN_STATUS>
<NET_REG_CHECK>0</NET_REG_CHECK>
<CID_NAME/>
<CID_NUMBER>1</CID_NUMBER>
<AUTH_USER_NAME>*****</AUTH_USER_NAME>
<AUTH_USER_PASSWD>*******</AUTH_USER_PASSWD>
<PROXY_FQDN>sip.voipdiscount.com </PROXY_FQDN>
<PROXY_PORT>5060</PROXY_PORT>
<REG_FQDN>sip.voipdiscount.com</REG_FQDN>
<REG_PORT>5060</REG_PORT>
<DIAL_IN_PLAR/>
<DIGIT_MAP>*xxT|*1xx|[349]11|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|00x.T</DIGIT_MAP>
</PORT_1_CONFIG>
<PORT_2_CONFIG>
<CID_NAME>abcd81</CID_NAME>
<CID_NUMBER>abcd81</CID_NUMBER>
<AUTH_USER_NAME>abcd81</AUTH_USER_NAME>
<PROXY_FQDN>vbuzzer.com</PROXY_FQDN>
<PROXY_PORT>80</PROXY_PORT>
<REG_FQDN>vbuzzer.com</REG_FQDN>
<REG_PORT>80</REG_PORT>
<DIAL_IN_PLAR/>
<DIGIT_MAP>xxT|*1xx|[349]11|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|11x.T</DIGIT_MAP>
</PORT_2_CONFIG>
24 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2006
4042 posts
1202 upvotes
Kingston
Who are you using for VOIP?

I am currently with Primus and you have to use their gateway/equipment as they have the MAC addresses all registered in their database. Of course you can buy a Primus registered gateway from another customer as long as the MAC address is in Primus' database.

So for you, it is/was locked to Vonage. I just hope that whoever you are with for VOIP isn't like Primus and only you can use their gateway or you have to either go with Vonage or you just bought a piece of junk.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
38383 posts
12008 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I suggest you contact the person that sold it to you. Obviously he knows how to configure it.

If the ATA supports two lines, you can use one for inbound calls (VBuzzer) and VoIPDiscount on the second line for outbound calls. It is a pain because you will basically need two phones.

But then again, it is two seperate lines.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
Gee wrote: I suggest you contact the person that sold it to you. Obviously he knows how to configure it.

If the ATA supports two lines, you can use one for inbound calls (VBuzzer) and VoIPDiscount on the second line for outbound calls. It is a pain because you will basically need two phones.

But then again, it is two seperate lines.
I did try to contact him but he sent me an XML file and no conact from him after that......i dont know how to update the adapter with the new confg :( ...i tried all the guides i could find on the net but am unable to > :( ..does anyone who knows abt this stuff hav any clue....Plzz Help a technologically challenged soul :o .. :confused:
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1460 posts
41 upvotes
GTA
look at that xml file given, <provision version> <settings> <profileurl> will contain something like "tftp://127.0.0.1", this is the address of TFTP host VTA will connect to at every startup. You can ask the previous owner what was this value. Failing that you can unlock the ATA from scratch, or if you have admin pwd, simply read it back from the web app.

just in case you don't know, VTA-CV = VTA-VR

if you need to unlock it ...
http://www.bargainshare.com/index.php?showtopic=87504

here is how to configure the D-Link VTA to vbuzzer
http://www.vbuzzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6718

Tips:
1. do not let the ATA connect to the internet until you are done with the setup
2. be sure you don't have firewall blocking the TFTP connection
3. make sure <provision version> <settings> <dns1> and <dns2> are correct
4. change the <provision version> <settings> <adminpwd> from default

above info provided for education purposes only, do so at your own risk :)
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
hytong wrote: look at that xml file given, <provision version> <settings> <profileurl> will contain something like "tftp://127.0.0.1", this is the address of TFTP host VTA will connect to at every startup. You can ask the previous owner what was this value. Failing that you will can unlock the ATA from scratch.

1. do not let the ATA connect to the internet unless you are done with the setup
2. be sure you don't have firewall blocking the TFTP connection

just in case you don't know, VTA-CV = VTA-VR

if you need to unlock it ...
http://www.bargainshare.com/index.php?showtopic=87504

here is how to configure the D-Link VTA to vbuzzer
http://www.vbuzzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=6718
The model is VTA-CV.....I bought it unlocked...I want to configure it to receive incoming calls on my Vbuzzer number. I disabled the firewall before I started up the TFTP server. When I open the server and login to the DLINK voip adapter (Admin/Admin), click on save and reboot.... my browser shows the restart screen and after some time it goes to page not found..

Here is the XML file in which I tried to configure port 2 for vbuzzer incoming calls, port 1 was already configured by the guy who sold it to me...I tried to follow the link you gave...
<provision version="2">
<options>
<reconfig/>
</options>
<settings>
<firmware>+00179A074AA6/VTA-11.4.0-r060331-1.00.07-r060418.img</firmware>
<profileurl>tftp://192.168.1.101</profileurl>
<imageurl/>
<tftp/>
<tftpimg/>
<tftpports/>
<key/>
<path/>
<interval>1</interval>
<intervalimg>120</intervalimg>
<dns1>192.168.1.1</dns1>
<dns2>195.20.105.149</dns2>
<voicelog>notice</voicelog>
<logdest/>
<sntp>sip.windows.com</sntp>
<tikeypub/>
<adminpwd>Admin</adminpwd>
<userpwd>Admin</userpwd>
<userstate>1</userstate>
<useridle>5</useridle>
<adminstate>1</adminstate>
<adminidle>15</adminidle>
<VOICE_XML>
<PORT_1_CONFIG>
<CID_NAME/>
<AUTH_USER_NAME>*******</AUTH_USER_NAME>
<AUTH_USER_PASSWD>********</AUTH_USER_PASSWD>
<PROXY_FQDN>sip.voipdiscount.com</PROXY_FQDN>
<DIAL_IN_PLAR/>
<DIGIT_MAP>*xxT|*1xx|[349]11|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|00x.T</DIGIT_MAP>
</PORT_1_CONFIG>
<PORT_2_CONFIG>
<CID_NAME/>
<AUTH_USER_PASSWD>*****</AUTH_USER_PASSWD>
<PROXY_FQDN> vbuzzer.com</PROXY_FQDN>
<REG_PORT>5080</REG_PORT>
<DIAL_IN_PLAR/>
<DIGIT_MAP>xxT|*1xx|[349]11|1xxx[2-9]xxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxT|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|11x.T</DIGIT_MAP>
</PORT_2_CONFIG>
<COMMON_CODING_CONFIG>
<VAD_ENABLE>0</VAD_ENABLE>
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1460 posts
41 upvotes
GTA
page not found would be normal if device is rebooting, were you able to connect to it again afterwards?
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
Finally i was able to upload the new confg file to the adapter...I can make outgoing calls from port 1( Voipdiscount) but still no incoming calls on Port 2(Vbuzzer BuzzMeIn number-toronto area code)...Below is the screen shot of the VTA page and also the XML file for port 2 confg

[IMG]http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/724/vtamc3.png[/IMG]

PORT_2_CONFIG>
<CID_NAME/>
<AUTH_USER_PASSWD>*********</AUTH_USER_PASSWD>
<REG_PORT>80</REG_PORT>
<DIAL_IN_PLAR/>
</PORT_2_CONFIG>
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1460 posts
41 upvotes
GTA
Try change
<CID_NAME/>
to
<CID_NAME>your vBuzzer ID</CID_NAME>

and upload
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
hytong wrote: Try change
<CID_NAME/>
to
<CID_NAME>your vBuzzer ID</CID_NAME>

and upload
Hi hytong...I just made that change too but still cant receive an incoming call..whenever I call from my cell to my Vbuzzer number it goes directly to my voice mail...

Can someone Plzz help me configure the DLINK -VTA-CV to receive incoming calls on my Vubbuzer number :confused: ...i am willing to pay a nominal fee to anyone who can help...I m really desperate to get this thing working..
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
addicted2it wrote: Hi hytong...I just made that change too but still cant receive an incoming call..whenever I call from my cell to my Vbuzzer number it goes directly to my voice mail...

Can someone Plzz help me configure the DLINK -VTA-CV to receive incoming calls on my Vubbuzer number :confused: ...i am willing to pay a nominal fee to anyone who can help...I m really desperate to get this thing working..
ANYONE^^ :confused: :confused: > :(
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1460 posts
41 upvotes
GTA
1. on the Vbuzzer line, Try change
to
<CID_NUMBER>your vBuzzer ID</CID_NUMBER>

2. put your VTA into the DMZ zone

3. logout any Vbuzzer software

4. the dial plan will have you always do 11 digit dialing, even for local numbers
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
hytong wrote: 1. on the Vbuzzer line, Try change
to
<CID_NUMBER>your vBuzzer ID</CID_NUMBER>

2. put your VTA into the DMZ zone

3. logout any Vbuzzer software

4. the dial plan will have you always do 11 digit dialing, even for local numbers
THNKK u soo much hytong...I have got "almost" everything to work except Incoming calls on the Vbuzzer line.. I put the VTA in the DMZ zone as you had suggested......I am able to make outgoing calls from both the ports ( port 1 -Voipdiscount, port 2- Vbuzzer ), but I still Havent :( ( been able to get my most important requirement to work...INCOMING CALLS :( ..Can you pleeease help me...I am posting the xml file and the screenshot of the DLINK VTA page below...if you need any additional info from me to help me plz tell me and I will post it here....
[IMG]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/1880/vta1dk6.png[/IMG]
[HTML]<VOICE_XML>
<PORT_1_CONFIG>
<CID_NAME/>
<PROXY_FQDN>sip.voipdiscount.com </PROXY_FQDN>
<DIAL_IN_PLAR/>
</PORT_1_CONFIG>
<PORT_2_CONFIG>
<CID_NAME>abcd81</CID_NAME>
<CID_NUMBER>abcd81</CID_NUMBER>
<AUTH_USER_NAME>abcd81</AUTH_USER_NAME>
<REG_PORT>80</REG_PORT>
<DIAL_IN_PLAR/>
</PORT_2_CONFIG>[/HTML]

PLEASE HELP!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2004
1460 posts
41 upvotes
GTA
1. make sure you didn't accidentally forward your calls to somewhere else, settings are in the vbuzzer PC client
2. since you can make outgoing calls I doubt this will help: try sip1.vbuzzer.com instead of vbuzzer.com, and then their IP address if still not working
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
hytong wrote: 1. make sure you didn't accidentally forward your calls to somewhere else, settings are in the vbuzzer PC client
2. since you can make outgoing calls I doubt this will help: try sip1.vbuzzer.com instead of vbuzzer.com, and then their IP address if still not working
Hi hytong...i did as you said..
1) checked setting in the PC client...i havent set any call forwarding :(
2) I tried both...still whenever I make a call to the BuzzmeIn number it directly goes to my Voicemail....
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1747 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
Two things to try:

First change the Sip Proxy/IP to vbuzzer.com:80 (instead of just vbuzzer.com)

Second, If the device is not plugged, and you have the software logged in, you can receive calls on the software then right? (if not, this may be a problem on VBuzzers end rather than yours)

I assume you've taken a look at this already.....http://www.vbuzzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1648

If you only want to receive calls, and still have no success try this:

Open a VoXalot account
Register VBuzzer in the VoXalot account
Then register VoXalot (with an all digit username) in your Device
If everything goes well VBuzzer rings VoXalot and VoXalot rings in your device
For best results set codecs in VoXalot ulaw;alaw;g726;g729;ilbc;gsm
Remember to turn VoXalot Voicemail off (or leave it on if you want some sort of voicemail, since once configured with a device, VBuzzer VM becomes useless)
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
emoci wrote: Two things to try:

First change the Sip Proxy/IP to vbuzzer.com:80 (instead of just vbuzzer.com)

Second, If the device is not plugged, and you have the software logged in, you can receive calls on the software then right? (if not, this may be a problem on VBuzzers end rather than yours)
I followed you advise and Voila :razz: ...after rebooting the ATA I could receive incoming calls...but I faced 2 issues...once I pick up the phone Voice transmission starts after 10- 15 secs...for those few seconds there is no voice signal on either side.....second thing was after receiving 2 incoming calls it went back to the old problem...All calls go directly to the voice mail.....i rebooted it again and the same scenario repeats..can receive 2 calls and then back to voice mail :( ...i dont know where I going wrong...
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2005
1747 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto
addicted2it wrote: I followed you advise and Voila :razz: ...after rebooting the ATA I could receive incoming calls...but I faced 2 issues...once I pick up the phone Voice transmission starts after 10- 15 secs...for those few seconds there is no voice signal on either side.....second thing was after receiving 2 incoming calls it went back to the old problem...All calls go directly to the voice mail.....i rebooted it again and the same scenario repeats..can receive 2 calls and then back to voice mail :( ...i dont know where I going wrong...
About the delay:
Unfortunately it is common.
If you have UPnP in your router, try and activate it, and open port ranges 5060-5062 Both, 5004-5004 Both, and 16384-16482 Both (I can't give you a good reason why, except I also use VBuzzer, and this is what I have opened).
Also I don't know, but does your Device have anything about a stun server setting anywhere, if yes enable STUN and enter this: stun.xten.com
It may help.... with the delay, although there will always be a short delay (I thing my PAP2 has about 3-5 sec). Your internet speed, how fast your router responds to incoming requests, and other activities you may be doing at the same time can affect this.

About going to VM:
How long did you wait in between calls?

Here is a scenario that happens to me: I have my cordless phone hooked up to PAP2. Whenever I hang up, although the line closes on my end, it does not hang up on the other end, so unless the other party also hangs up, someone calling within that time would go to voicemail.

If your device has some sort of activity lights, look what happens after you have ended a call, do you have something that continues to flash, which would indicate the line isn't hanging up properly.

Also look for any of these two settings, or something similar: NAT Mapping and NAT Keep Alive and have them set to yes.

So look for similar headers and set as follows:

http://www.vbuzzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237

(I would suggest setting NAT Mapping enable to yes, despite it saying NO on that link)

What router are you using?
Heat|e-Bay|RFD
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2005
2348 posts
258 upvotes
emoci wrote: About the delay:
Unfortunately it is common.
If you have UPnP in your router, try and activate it, and open port ranges 5060-5062 Both, 5004-5004 Both, and 16384-16482 Both (I can't give you a good reason why, except I also use VBuzzer, and this is what I have opened).
Also I don't know, but does your Device have anything about a stun server setting anywhere, if yes enable STUN and enter this: stun.xten.com
It may help.... with the delay, although there will always be a short delay (I thing my PAP2 has about 3-5 sec). Your internet speed, how fast your router responds to incoming requests, and other activities you may be doing at the same time can affect this.

About going to VM:
How long did you wait in between calls?

After a soft reboot , when I receive two incoming calls, from the third onwards it goes directly to the voice mail...I have reboot it to receive another 2 calls :(

Here is a scenario that happens to me: I have my cordless phone hooked up to PAP2. Whenever I hang up, although the line closes on my end, it does not hang up on the other end, so unless the other party also hangs up, someone calling within that time would go to voicemail.

If your device has some sort of activity lights, look what happens after you have ended a call, do you have something that continues to flash, which would indicate the line isn't hanging up properly.

Also look for any of these two settings, or something similar: NAT Mapping and NAT Keep Alive and have them set to yes.

So look for similar headers and set as follows:

http://www.vbuzzer.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=237

(I would suggest setting NAT Mapping enable to yes, despite it saying NO on that link)

What router are you using?

I have the Linksys Intast broadband etherfast DSl router ( model: DEFSR41 V.2)
Hi emcoi...Thnk u so much fortaking the time to help out...really appreciate it and cant thank you enough...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)