Automotive

[MRG] Where to look for used cars online?

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 18th, 2007 5:52 pm
Tags:
None
16 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2004
4145 posts
206 upvotes
Etobicoke
repo depot became COMPLETE CRAP over the last 1-2 years. There used to be little people, you could get a good car, and haggle on the price.

Now:
- you cannot even find the place in the parking lot (huge parking in front, and on the street)
- the cars are generally junk. The ones that are not junk - repo depo will sell them to you (i.e. minimum bid) for a couple of grand below average autotrader price. And THEN you will have to invest those couple of grand (on euro cars for sure) into new brakes, tires, etc.
- you can find better prices in the autotrader, and it's not worth buying 'as is' cars from them any more.
Ebay (701-0-0) - zhenya01
Heatware (28-0-0) - ViperZ
CanuckAudioMart (80-0-0) - zhenya01
Oct 27, 2004
248 posts
20 upvotes
I'm looking for a used car also. I checked out the repodepo site, seems like all the "SUGGESTED MARKET VALUES" are pretty damn high for my liking. I offered some bid values to them (probably too low for their standards - but still worth the try :razz: )

I'm looking for a very very very cheap used car (sports/ compact) (for my first car). 0-$3000 range; that's right $0 also, i accept donations. I think the trick with used vehicles is mainly connections, one of my friends got a used 2002 hyundai accent for $100 (it had engine problems), but still $100.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 29, 2005
6239 posts
164 upvotes
p0rsche wrote: I'm looking for a used car also. I checked out the repodepo site, seems like all the "SUGGESTED MARKET VALUES" are pretty damn high for my liking. I offered some bid values to them (probably too low for their standards - but still worth the try :razz: )

I'm looking for a very very very cheap used car (sports/ compact) (for my first car). 0-$3000 range; that's right $0 also, i accept donations. I think the trick with used vehicles is mainly connections, one of my friends got a used 2002 hyundai accent for $100 (it had engine problems), but still $100.
The trick to a cheap used car, is finding one which is SALVAGE ;)

I'm not saying go for something which has been crushed into a cube, there are many cars which are cosmetically flawed and easy fixes.

Not all people approve of going this route, but I think anyone with confidence could easily pull it off. It also gives you a chance to learn about your car. If you have any Q's just ask
RFD's Resident Ol' School Rap Guru
No, you're not entitled to your own opinion, you're only entitled to what you can argue for.
Otherwise, don't start.

*VESTAX* PMC-05PROIII Battle Mixer for sale!!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 14, 2006
9644 posts
2633 upvotes
go to car dealership websites and look for used cars there. but dealerships always overprice their used cars just to let you know.
Jan 16, 2005
499 posts
58 upvotes
I've looked at Autotrader.ca (mostly dealership advertisements),
kijiji.com and toronto.craiglist.com.

Is there a site I'm missing?

thanks,
John
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2007
1067 posts
22 upvotes
whats a good website to look for used cars??
(other than autotrader and kijiji)
May 16, 2007
188 posts
MkmBandit wrote: I will tell you if you buy my car. :arrowl:
what 1 interested buyer isnt enough for you!!!!! lol i kid i kid.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)