Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Warm? J Sonic Services sale Montreal Only

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2009 1:19 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
2409 posts
1355 upvotes

Warm? J Sonic Services sale Montreal Only

Another J Sonic Services sale in Montreal
28 April from 14h to 21h
29 April from 09h to 17h
30 April from 10h to 16h
300, Monte
31 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
Not far from where I work, but what the hell is J Sonic? :)

Edit:: Never mind- the flyer didn'y show up when I saw the post the first time. Anyway, if that 50" DLP looks decent, I'm getting it tomorrow!
Yes I do have heatware. Look over here! Yes, here! Heatware: fitbrit
Sep 10, 2005
150 posts
11 upvotes
Montreal
Buy the phone and use the battery for other phone in the house.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
On closer inspection, I may be spending about $2000 there tomorrow. LOL. I'll give a report if I manage to make it there.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
2409 posts
1355 upvotes
nhathanh wrote:Buy the phone and use the battery for other phone in the house.
You can find cheap(clearence with an extra 50% off sometime) and better phone battery at Staples, i remember take some panasonic for $2-$3 bucks
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2005
2409 posts
1355 upvotes
fitbrit wrote:On closer inspection, I may be spending about $2000 there tomorrow. LOL. I'll give a report if I manage to make it there.
Check before buying, if i remember right you can return your purchase in the 3 days when the sale are up after that you must deal with the manufacturer and they offer just 90 day's warranty so pay attention.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
They refurb returns to big box stores. I've bought a couple of small items from them in the past. Both were ok.

I've been tempted to buy a big screen tv from them but so far I've backed off as the investment was bit high to risk a problem.
Mar 17, 2006
190 posts
13 upvotes
they are view place in montreal like this , BIG SCAM PLACE

all the items are refurb, i bought a sony dvd combo, i returned the items 2-3 items, scratch.., the one on 40 and Saint-laurent sell fragrances , somethimes they are fake. be carreful.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
Thanks for listing the potential pitfalls, guys. I'll be careful and put greed aside!
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3011 posts
135 upvotes
Mtl
This place is right next to my work (actually, the company I work for actually owned that building a few years ago). One thing that you should know, is that everything there is refurbished. That's why the prices are low. Last time I went (in dec, they are open only every so often), they had a LOT of stuff crammed into a small spot. A lot of tvs, some notebooks, some pcs, small fridges, small electronics. I was actually surprised at the amount of Samsung dlp tvs they had. They had a crap load of hlp5063's, which is the tv they are currently advertising. The image they're showing is for the HLR model, but they only had hlp and older hlns. They also had a bunch of plasmas, but they're not advertising them now, so I assume that they aren't selling any this time around. I was told by one of the guys there that they warrant their products for 90days, exchange only. I was inquiring about the samsung dlp. I called samsung, and they don't warrant any products sold by J sonic services. In the end, I decided not to buy. There's a lot of stuff that can go wrong with dlps (bulb, color wheel, lag) so I decided against it. Since this place is still around, I'm assuming people are happy with them. They did have quite a bit of stuff.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
Thanks for the info sparrow! I think I feel better about the place now. I'm going to see if I can get the 50" DLP into the car. I also have to get two of the 20" flat CRTs for my gf's mother and my boss!
P.S. I work in the technoparc St-Laurent, so not far from you at all!
Deal Guru
Dec 17, 2001
11723 posts
4919 upvotes
St-Fabien de Panet, …
Pretty dirty of them not to mention that their stuff is refurbished :mad:
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
They don't hide the refurb bit except maybe in their ads. I'm going to look at the [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]dell[/rfdlink] gps for sure.
Nov 18, 2001
800 posts
7 upvotes
Pickering
the desktop deal P4 Dual core (probably a 820) is pretty good, provided that they are selling it with a 21 inch wide screen LCD.

My french isn't the greatest, so I am not sure.

hp
check out my heat
Heat Eval
Feb 21, 2005
760 posts
156 upvotes
Like mentioned up above, it is a place that purchases from some of the big box stores. I have purchased from there before (computer, TV, laptop, ipaq, etc) and have had only 1 problem, which was rectified immediately..
Top notch people.
An agressive nature does not make a weaker man a gladiator....
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
I just got back. I only purchased a couple of 20" flat screen CRTs for other people. However, it was a great outfit. The service people were friendly, and some of them knowledgable.
I regret not getting the [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] X51 with GPS for $299, but I decided that I could go back tomorrow if I really wanted it.

All the stuff is returned from Costco according to their staff. There was a lot more than just the stuff advertised in that ad. The 50" DLP looked great, and they had plenty of untis on the floor (not in boxes). One of the TVs I got had the word "crack" written on the outside of the box. It weighed about 20 Kg and would have had a street value of about $500,000 but I decided that I wanted a flawless T.V. instead. I asked the staff guy to change the set and he was very happy to do so.
The place doesn't come off as shady at all.
The only problem was that i got there shortly after opening and there were a lot of people; apparently that's normal close to opening time. That meant that parking was hard to get and there was a LONG line to the 4 cash registers. This was made worse by there being a long period of technical difficulties when the checkout lines didn't move at all. It was a good time to make friends with others waiting in line. One guy let me use his cell phone and another got all the info he could ever need from me about LCD v Plasma v DLP! I was 90 minutes in line, but it would have been closer to 30 to 40 had the checkouts been operational the whole time.

I'll try to answer any specific questions if you have any.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
Sorry for resurrecting this thread, but does anyone know when the next sale is going to be? The last one was outstanding, and they said they're every 3 months or so.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2005
3011 posts
135 upvotes
Mtl
There was a sale at the beginning of July. I'm assuming the next one will be aorund october'ish... So far, I know they've had sales in Dec-April-July. So I'm assuming October
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2003
4403 posts
103 upvotes
sparrow_69 wrote:There was a sale at the beginning of July. I'm assuming the next one will be aorund october'ish... So far, I know they've had sales in Dec-April-July. So I'm assuming October

Crap! I must've been asleep during early July. I missed out on a Costco $50 off coupon for a camera I specifically bought with the prior knowledge of the upcoming coupon. Now this, which I've been anticipating for a long time. Did you go and how was it?
Thanks for the info.

Joe
May 23, 2007
1 posts
Montreal
See below for the answer to your question...
fitbrit wrote: Not far from where I work, but what the hell is J Sonic? :)

What the hell is J Sonic....well, there once was this man who was partners with some guys in New York...the partnership was going sour and money was owed like crazy--the New York guys were getting in over their heads...he decided to save his side of the business by bringing in new ideas to the company that was near closing called Sonictron...then he decided to go it alone and he thought of making the name similar but shorter...like Sonic...then it might be easily found out so he then added his first initial...J for "Jean". He used to also have a store called JC Ryco (named after himself, his wife, and his two kids, I won't go into exactly what their names were) which was situated in Laval. I used to work at the company years ago. As for the "services" the merchandise he carried was refurbed and there were techies in the warehouse repairing and testing things, also cust serv reps were there to take calls for these services, he also got into selling laminate flooring...how's that for an explanation? Hope you enjoyed a little J Sonic history!

Edit:: Never mind- the flyer didn'y show up when I saw the post the first time. Anyway, if that 50" DLP looks decent, I'm getting it tomorrow!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)