Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
39 Dollar Glasses

Prescription Eyeglasses for just over $30 shipped

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2020 8:28 pm
Nov 19, 2004
64 posts
19 upvotes
Manitoba

[39 Dollar Glasses] Prescription Eyeglasses for just over $30 shipped

More offers from 39 Dollar Glasses
This isn't exactly a one time deal or anything, but still pretty amazing. When I was looking for glasses in Winnipeg, I was finding I would probably have to spend at least $150-$200 for a basic pair (even Walmart was $25 for the frames + $135 for basic lenses). I came across a few online sites and the price difference just blew my mind, so I thought I'd share them.

All the prices are in USD, but after exchange, the cheapest sites come to around $30 CDN after shipping which isn't too bad. Those are for single-vision lenses. Bifocals, trifocals, etc would be more.

Goggles4u
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=49699 ... &afftrack= - frames&lenses are $26. Free worldwide shipping.

Optical4less
http://www.shareasale.com/r.cfm?b=19045 ... &afftrack= - frames&lenses from $29 + $8 shipping to Canada.

39 Dollar Glasses
http://www.jdoqocy.com/click-749547-8351120 - frames&lenses from $39 + $8 shipping to Canada.

Zenni Optical
http://www.zennioptical.com - frames&lenses from $19 + $9 shipping to Canada.
Quick note: Feb 2009. I've been getting a lot of complaints on the EGRR site about people not having received their orders from Zenni. I'd probably recommend hanging off on them for now. I'll update this when everything gets sorted out one way or the other.

ClearlyContacts.ca
http://www.clearlycontacts.ca - frames&lenses from $38. Canadian company. They used to sell contacts only, but have recently extended to sell glasses as well. Total price showing up was $49.85, so I'm assuming it's $11.85 for shipping.

There might be some duty, as Zenni and 39dollar are both in the US, Goggles4u is in Pakistan, and Optical4less in China. Edit: I and many others have not been charged duty, as prescription glasses appear to be exempt. Also, clearly contacts obviously shouldn't have any duty since they're Canadian-based.

I placed orders with 39dollarglasses and with goggles4u, but they haven't come in yet. If anyone's interested I'll post with my experiences when they come in. Edit: Placed orders with both as well as others. Have pictures and experiences listed on my site (links below).

Edit:
RFD affiliate links added. Also feel free to check out a site I created some time ago where I review these retailers and various others:
http://www.eyeglassretailerreviews.com/
Also a contact lens retailer review site. Doesn't have any purchase experiences yet (although I have bought from one of them so far):
http://www.contactlensretailerreviews.com/
3322 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2005
3030 posts
348 upvotes
yes please post your experiences. thanks
Deal Addict
Jan 9, 2002
2712 posts
678 upvotes
Burlington
I am very VERY pleased with my Zenni optical glasses.
I figured, hey, for $39US (for the titanium frames with non-glare and anti-scratch), i'd take the chance.
Glasses arrived in about 6 days to my US address. EXACTLY as ordered. Very nice build quality. I am far more impressed with these than my last hakim optical $270 pair. They rival my pair of nikon $600 ones. I was never satisfied with the hakim ones...I had to go back 4 times, since they kept losing their adjustments.
The zenni ones came almost perfectly adjusted, and stayed that way.
I am about to order a couple more.
Not your standard VoIP. Different and novel options & advice for my RFD friends.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2002
1615 posts
326 upvotes
Just curious as to how high the compression is for 1.56 index, I have no clue what my current glasses are, I have a pretty bad prescription (-7.50) so just curious about how high of compression 1.56 index is.
Resident Tranceaddict
Jan 13, 2005
978 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
I have -10 glasses. I usually get 1.6 index. Those are glass. The maximum for plastics lenses is 1.56 I think. Of course, the ideal pair would be in diamond: 2.56 or something. Only one slight problem: the PRICE TAG. :D

Ok well, looking at your post, I guess I have to edit mine. My indexes are not in the right range.

Maybe I have to add 20% to account for the exchange rates ? (joke)

Actually, maybe htey have come up with better materials. Maybe the highest plastic was 1.56, now they have found 1.61. anyhow, get the highest your money can buy, the thinner they are. For 8 and above, it's worth the money. since they are lighter.
Deal Addict
Feb 17, 2005
4995 posts
2427 upvotes
Markham
optical deals are definitely what i'm in need for, another other opinions on these. Unfortunately for me, i have poor judgement when it comes to frames.
Deal Addict
Nov 6, 2004
1133 posts
lol, I know nothing about glass, except that I wear them, and I need new ones. So basically do I just get one of those free eye exam and just select what I need? Is there anything technicial info that I should be aware about getting these glasses? I am asking a lot of questions cause I don't think the person doing the free eye exam will answer any of them. Also I hope this will answer questions that other people like me have in mind.

Thanks.
Is the iPhone for you? Find out what's missing from the iPhone!
Jman wrote: They'll keep doing these dirty tricks until we have consumer protection with teeth.
Heatware (2-0-0)
FS:EA NFL 06 for Xbox 360
a
Jan 13, 2005
978 posts
220 upvotes
Montreal
Casper wrote:I am very VERY pleased with my Zenni optical glasses.
I figured, hey, for $39US (for the titanium frames with non-glare and anti-scratch), i'd take the chance.
Glasses arrived in about 6 days to my US address. EXACTLY as ordered. Very nice build quality. I am far more impressed with these than my last hakim optical $270 pair. They rival my pair of nikon $600 ones. I was never satisfied with the hakim ones...I had to go back 4 times, since they kept losing their adjustments.
The zenni ones came almost perfectly adjusted, and stayed that way.
I am about to order a couple more.
Do you have to send in some measures of your face ? Like how far are your eyes apart and stuff ? How do they do the fitting ? Do they accept prescription from a canadian optician ?
Dec 27, 2003
302 posts
22 upvotes
That's pretty impressive and helpful after I just paid over $200 for my glasses last month. Won't hurt to have a second pair in case one I forget at work. I like 39dollar... website, one can have a sample of picture as to one's face (round,square) and better variety.

I'm conspicous of Pakistan and China websites that how they afford to include free shipping with only $19 glasses ?

How much do you think the duty would be from US for 39dollar.. and will UPS charge any transaction processing fees ?
Dec 27, 2003
302 posts
22 upvotes
One more question, on my existing glasses on the side it mentions 51 18 135, is that the same as on website for height, bridge, length etc.
Oct 29, 2005
386 posts
195 upvotes
Vancouver
KAN wrote:Do you have to send in some measures of your face ? Like how far are your eyes apart and stuff ? How do they do the fitting ? Do they accept prescription from a canadian optician ?
Good question I'd like to know as well.

Because whenever you buy a pair of glasses they always measure the distance between your eyes or something with some contraption.

" Look into the light..."

Also, would these glasses be covered by Extended health benefits (ie. those provided by work?)
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2002
1615 posts
326 upvotes
On googles4u they say that the lens is : "CR39 Material High Index Lenses with antiglare, UV, and Scratch Free Coating" however on turanuk's link http://www.vision3k.com/prescription_details.html there are several types of CR39 lens with different indexes (1.50, 1.56, 1.67) im guessing its 1.50, and if it is, it'd be better to go with zenni since its 1.56 there (if you have a really high prescription like me)
Resident Tranceaddict
Sep 1, 2004
399 posts
KAN wrote:I have -10 glasses. I usually get 1.6 index. Those are glass. The maximum for plastics lenses is 1.56 I think. Of course, the ideal pair would be in diamond: 2.56 or something. Only one slight problem: the PRICE TAG. :D

Ok well, looking at your post, I guess I have to edit mine. My indexes are not in the right range.

Maybe I have to add 20% to account for the exchange rates ? (joke)

Actually, maybe htey have come up with better materials. Maybe the highest plastic was 1.56, now they have found 1.61. anyhow, get the highest your money can buy, the thinner they are. For 8 and above, it's worth the money. since they are lighter.
My glasses are 1.74 and they're plastic. Nikon 5 lenses. Pretty expensive though, but well worth it. Not sure if it's available in a -10 prescription though. (Edit: google tells me -10 is the maximum with these)
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2005
1407 posts
6 upvotes
Coolme wrote:lol, I know nothing about glass, except that I wear them, and I need new ones. So basically do I just get one of those free eye exam and just select what I need? Is there anything technicial info that I should be aware about getting these glasses? I am asking a lot of questions cause I don't think the person doing the free eye exam will answer any of them. Also I hope this will answer questions that other people like me have in mind.

Thanks.
they give free eye exams?? where? I need my prescription updated. tx.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
1366 posts
4 upvotes
i dont know how it is where you live, but in alberta there's free eye exams until 18 afaik
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2004
1366 posts
4 upvotes
great deal, thanks for the post op!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2001
5275 posts
32 upvotes
Big markup on eyeglasses.....much like the matresse story...
Always big deals on these.

Good post.....might try.

I went to Dollarama and on a rotating rack they have reading glasses etc.

Bought one as a spare....for average short/long distance viewing while shopping.
Couldnt believe the quality for a buck. HOW do they do it.
:twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Nov 13, 2002
6221 posts
694 upvotes
Quebec
xpat wrote:i dont know how it is where you live, but in alberta there's free eye exams until 18 afaik
:mad: well, we're not all under 18 :lol:
Deal Expert
Sep 4, 2003
18713 posts
222 upvotes
Toronto
Glasses are not somethign to cheap out on.. keep in mind.
For Sale:

HEATWARE

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)