Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2002
3339 posts
28 upvotes
West Coast

Beware of "Sarah Genubek" - sarah_2531@hotmail.com *Heatware Fraud*

Someone is contacting our members via email and passing off Lil Big Mec's heatware as their own.

Sarah contacted a user here about their WTB request and ended up saying that Lil's heatware was their own. Luckily our member was smart and asked for a PM from RFD to which the person could not obviously provide and sent a note to Lil Big Mec.

Again, I cannot stress this enough.....DO YOUR HOMEWORK before dealing with someone. Always do background checks on a users heatware. Email the ppl theyve dealt with for confirmation. if they have only dealt with ppl who have 1 or 2 positive evals its likely faked evals.
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 22, 2001
7099 posts
328 upvotes
Toronto
easy heatware check - email the heatware email addy.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2003
1962 posts
5 upvotes
LOL.. I got email from this guy too.
So stupid! his asking price is so high and give me heatware under "John..."
Deal Fanatic
Oct 25, 2002
6849 posts
14 upvotes
If the email came from a hotmail account, then report it as fraud.

Forward the original email to spam@hotmail.com with a few words as to why you are sending it. Microsoft should close the account and the idiot will be in be trouble with his girlfriend or sister.
Dec 9, 2002
633 posts
12 upvotes
Newmarket
Check this thread I posted a long time ago (and just recently bumped) ... looks like the same idiot.
Deal Addict
Feb 29, 2004
1440 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga
JayPatel wrote:Someone is contacting our members via email and passing off Lil Big Mec's heatware as their own.

Sarah contacted a user here about their WTB request and ended up saying that Lil's heatware was their own. Luckily our member was smart and asked for a PM from RFD to which the person could not obviously provide and sent a note to Lil Big Mec.

Again, I cannot stress this enough.....DO YOUR HOMEWORK before dealing with someone. Always do background checks on a users heatware. Email the ppl theyve dealt with for confirmation. if they have only dealt with ppl who have 1 or 2 positive evals its likely faked evals.
Thanks for the info... I hate scammers!
Proud member of RFD for over 12 YEARS!
Heatware (64-0-0)
Layin' the smackdown on RFD
Jun 10, 2006
300 posts
thx for the heads up i think i got an email as welll

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)