Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Simoniz

Simoniz 8-in. Polisher @CNDTire $19.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 10th, 2005 12:18 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 21, 2003
1009 posts
5 upvotes
Nice price, but does a terrible job.

How about the the (cordless) Simoniz cyclone that comes with different accessories? I saw it on CT for $49 ($30 off from orig price), does anyone used this unit before. Any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)
Deal Addict
Aug 5, 2003
2695 posts
591 upvotes
North York
don't bother with a cordless, is there anything more annoying then almost being finished and having to charge the thing for a couple hours?

I can't comment on the quality of the 8" model, I have the 10" and it's adequate for polishing your car. Not professional quality - not even prosumer - but it works well and it saves a lot of time over doing it by hand. I would never go back to doing it by hand now.

I comes with a couple of bonnets, but you will need more so buy an extra combo pack while your at cdn tire.

[IMG]http://images.canadiantire.ca/media/ima ... C_ba43.jpg[/IMG]
Product# 39-9019-4
Price $49.99 (When I bought it this model's reg price was around the 65 dollar mark, I've since seen it go on sale for ~40ish every once in a while)
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19712 posts
13576 upvotes
Ottawa
I wouldn't bother with this thing....for the most part, 8 inches is actually too big to be manoeverable around the curves of a car. Professionals use 5-6 inch polishers.

As for the person who said you can damage the paint, it's pretty muhc impossible to do if you follow two basic tips: let the weight of the machine do the work....don't press on it at all except to keep the pad on the surface, and keep the machine moving.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Addict
Jul 19, 2004
1236 posts
81 upvotes
Stay away from Simoniz... another thread had a bunch of people bashing them on the quality of their products (especially pressure washers).

Apparently crappy tire is in some kind of contract where they have to sell their products despite knowing that many are poorly built. CT also gave some RFD'ers a rough time on returns of Simoniz stuff...

Just a head's up...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 12, 2005
5099 posts
259 upvotes
That's the same one I am interested in getting. I thought getting a big one will be a better choice because it covers a larger area?

Any comments on this 10" model?
cliff wrote:don't bother with a cordless, is there anything more annoying then almost being finished and having to charge the thing for a couple hours?

I can't comment on the quality of the 8" model, I have the 10" and it's adequate for polishing your car. Not professional quality - not even prosumer - but it works well and it saves a lot of time over doing it by hand. I would never go back to doing it by hand now.

I comes with a couple of bonnets, but you will need more so buy an extra combo pack while your at cdn tire.

Price $49.99 (When I bought it this model's reg price was around the 65 dollar mark, I've since seen it go on sale for ~40ish every once in a while)
Dec 5, 2003
61 posts
I was not able to use the free shipping code, anyone else have this problem?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)