• May 4th, 2008 12:48 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2005
22706 posts
3697 upvotes

OFFICIAL: Rogers iPhone in Canada

Toronto - Rogers announced a deal, Tuesday, to bring the Apple iPhone to Canada.

"We're thrilled to announce that we have a deal with Apple to bring the iPhone to Canada later this year. We can't tell you any more about it right now, but stay tuned," said Ted Rogers, president and CEO of Rogers Communications Inc., in a statement issued today.

Now, Ted, how about that $1,000 unlimited data plan?
http://www.680news.com/news/topstory/ar ... 73024_7828
61 replies
Banned
May 29, 2006
330 posts
u beat me to it man...excited as hell.. :cheesygri 3G iphone here we come
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2003
7174 posts
217 upvotes
Nepean
it all depends on the data plan they come up with ...knowing Rogers it will be crappy
Jul 24, 2007
191 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto
I thought the cellphone gates were open to allow the US carriers into Canada? I don't mind paying ~ $30/mth for unlimited data, but with Rogers 5 cents/kb plan, it'll cost me $400/hour!! that's like someone giving you a Ferrari, but then gas will cost you $100/liter!! Nice to look at, but I want to be able to use all of the features too!
Banned
May 29, 2006
330 posts
Vinnyfast wrote: I thought the cellphone gates were open to allow the US carriers into Canada? I don't mind paying ~ $30/mth for unlimited data, but with Rogers 5 cents/kb plan, it'll cost me $400/hour!! that's like someone giving you a Ferrari, but then gas will cost you $100/liter!! Nice to look at, but I want to be able to use all of the features too!
they are coming up with a nice plan for iphone..there may be a 1 or 2 gb cap on it but it will be around 60$..
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2004
1553 posts
74 upvotes
Toronto
I hope they don't

1. Put a Rogers logo on the phone.
2. Force a data plan on you.

:cheesygri
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3756 posts
12 upvotes
tempting... have to see what kind of data plan they have first
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Nov 30, 2003
103 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
About time! Waiting to see what Rogers phone rates for this phone are and then I get to test mobile number portability.
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2007
1445 posts
1 upvote
Hallelujah!
yao416 wrote: Dont want to ruin our neighborship, but if I have to, I will! :evil:
gmark2000 wrote: Are you inventing words to compensate for your limited vocabulary and grammar?
robertalan wrote: "Neighborship" (or "neighbourship") is a real word, it's in my Oxford dictionary, and also online at Dictionary.com - so someone is indeed compensating for their limited vocabulary, but it ain't yao416!
Deal Guru
Jun 26, 2005
10111 posts
1966 upvotes
Toronto
My Rogers stock should go up right? right? right ?
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
hOrnizuka wrote: I hope they don't

1. Put a Rogers logo on the phone.
2. Force a data plan on you.

:cheesygri
hope not, that rogers logo is ugly.
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
Vinnyfast wrote: I thought the cellphone gates were open to allow the US carriers into Canada? I don't mind paying ~ $30/mth for unlimited data, but with Rogers 5 cents/kb plan, it'll cost me $400/hour!! that's like someone giving you a Ferrari, but then gas will cost you $100/liter!! Nice to look at, but I want to be able to use all of the features too!
The gates remain closed. There may be a new carrier. It would only take them half a decade to create a new GSM infrastructure.

As for data on an iPhone, waiting to see what is actually offered as a plan might be more interesting than a complete and total off the wall guess.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2006
3756 posts
12 upvotes
dairymandip wrote: hopefully fido gets it to
im sure you can unlock the "Rogers" Iphone to use with any sim... just a matter of time...
Paolo wrote:Why are they called the Olsen twins if they both have different last names? Mary Kate, and Ashley Olsen. Why are they not called the Kate Twins? or the Kate-Olsen twins? It's also fascinating how 2 kids from different parents looked identical and both played the role of baby michelle on full house and now 20 some years later, they still look identical.
THREE STARS AND A SUN
Deal Guru
Jul 16, 2003
11297 posts
1274 upvotes
Toronto
it'll probably the same business model as the one apple has been using..

449 on 2 year 16 gig 3g

549 on 2 year for 32 gig 3g
[removed for signature violation]
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2007
1249 posts
349 upvotes
Rogers better have 3G and most importantly... an affordable unlimited data plan for this baby...

Canada's wireless companies suck compared to the rest of the world!!
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
8488 posts
1291 upvotes
Brampton
I'm sure the reason why they have still yet to release it is that they are waiting for the Iphone 2 to come out.

It's always good to have more choices but I still don't see myself buying a iphone with plan officially as im sure they will be outrageous prices.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)