Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Free Shipping to Canada with no minimums at LLBean.com until Dec. 16

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 26th, 2011 4:58 am
Tags:
None
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes

Free Shipping to Canada with no minimums at LLBean.com until Dec. 16

This is a great deal, especially with the US and Canadian dollar pretty much at par. They also have a large sale and clearance area. The only thing you will have to pay is PST and/or GST and possibly a little bit of duty. I have noticed with past purchases, the duty is pretty small.

http://www.llbean.com/freeship/detailspop.html
29 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2005
1633 posts
211 upvotes
Toronto
Deal expires 9:30p Dec 16 for Canadian addresses
[QUOTE]*Free shipping and handling applies to L.L.Bean’s delivery service in the United States, Canada, APO/FPO and US Possessions addresses. US orders require a USPS deliverable address. Most US orders arrive within 5 to 7 business days. Offer expires at noon EST on December 21, 2007 for US addresses (9:30 p.m. EST, December 16 for Canadian addresses).[/QUOTE]
May 18, 2003
146 posts
24 upvotes
Burnaby
and since they only specify USPS for US addresses. Do check which shipper they use to ship across the border. Say no to fedex/ups.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
tCx wrote: and since they only specify USPS for US addresses. Do check which shipper they use to ship across the border. Say no to fedex/ups.
LL Bean comes right to your door with no surprises. Everything is pre-cleared, what you pay at checkout is all you pay. They are very good about that, I have ordered many times.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
3571 posts
2935 upvotes
GTA
kool1 wrote: This is a great deal, especially with the US and Canadian dollar pretty much at par. They also have a large sale and clearance area. The only thing you will have to pay is PST and/or GST and possibly a little bit of duty. I have noticed with past purchases, the duty is pretty small.

http://www.llbean.com/freeship/detailss ... =620011371
Is this a referral link ? Would this link be better ? http://www.llbean.com/freeship/detailspop.html
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13524 posts
4710 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
watch out that if u plan on getting them as christams gifts, parcel sending all over the world including canada will be late for sure if u order close to that end date of this deal...i have packages arrive in mid-jan...

and don't forget you can make purchases with the click-thru from airmilesshop.ca and earn extra airmiles :)
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
BestOffer wrote: watch out that if u plan on getting them as christams gifts, parcel sending all over the world including canada will be late for sure if u order close to that end date of this deal...i have packages arrive in mid-jan...

and don't forget you can make purchases with the click-thru from airmilesshop.ca and earn extra airmiles :)
Forgot about the Air Miles, thx!
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2005
1511 posts
9 upvotes
is the clothing by LLBean any good? never heard of them before but with a quick google search, seems like they're no small company. Can anyone vouch for the quality??

p.s. don't think the prices are cheap either
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
Quality is above average to great. It's not the best but you won't be disappointed. Huge name stateside. I have been buying for years.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
Since most of their stuff is made in Asia, don't you get hit hard with duties?
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
tCx wrote: and since they only specify USPS for US addresses. Do check which shipper they use to ship across the border. Say no to fedex/ups.
My items when I shop with LL Bean have always come by Xpresspost and are left in my mailbox if it is something small. If not u pick up at closest post office!

they tell you all the fees before you pay online- never had any issues buying anything- never any extra fees in all these years shopping there :)
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Addict
Aug 19, 2005
3630 posts
4 upvotes
deeplove wrote: is the clothing by LLBean any good? never heard of them before but with a quick google search, seems like they're no small company. Can anyone vouch for the quality??

p.s. don't think the prices are cheap either
Their quality is great.

If you are looking for some polar fleece items- they sell some from the company that invented the fabric "polartec" . It is more expensive than say Gap or whatever, but they will never pill or fall apart.
I have had some Polartec fleece and the polartec items will say they are made from that not just "fleece" in the description and even have the special tags on them saying so...

I have had some fleeces for 8+ years and they have never fallen appart and I use them all winter long. So paying $75+ about is really worthit.

I also have some of the Windblock fleece and if you ski and hate bulky layers, it is actually windproof and waterproof fleece and it really works. I have 3 of them.

I would say they are the equivalent of Mountain Equipment Co op here for quality...exept they are American, and have more casual stuff too.

They also sell some items from other brands- usually shoes or sunglasses if you look.

You can also return items at anytime, no matter how much you wear them for a refund and u do not need a receipt.
I returned something 7+ years later to get it fixed and they offered me a new item instead :)
quite impressed overall!

They just sent me a catalog today and there are handwarmers a box of 10 pairs is $10 will be getting those. Sounds better than Dollarama :)
This user has no signature! :| :| :|
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2005
5736 posts
354 upvotes
cool deal, just bought something for $14.95US and they didn't charge me any shipping or taxes... i wonder if they're gonna charge me duties at the door
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2003
1023 posts
44 upvotes
Toronto, ON
speedster7 wrote: Do they have any stores in canada?
Some of the Sears Canada locations are now carrying a limited selection of items in their LL Bean in-store boutiques. TEC and Square One both have them.
To do nothing at all is the most difficult thing in the world, the most difficult and the most intellectual.
--Oscar Wilde
Sep 21, 2006
60 posts
6 upvotes
I was going to purchase 2 pants and shirt, total came to $90 but taxes and duty were $24. Over 25% seems steep to me even with free shipping.
Jan 29, 2007
738 posts
178 upvotes
I was looking at a pair of winter boots and a pair of trousers. Total came to 89 for the goods, shipping was free but an exorbitant 23$ for duties :( .

This is my first year in Canada, moved from the US last year... am still looking around for good winter shoes ..so thought this would be a good place to buy some from.
Deal Expert
Dec 19, 2001
31347 posts
2025 upvotes
Fernando Poo
amishlad wrote: I was going to purchase 2 pants and shirt, total came to $90 but taxes and duty were $24. Over 25% seems steep to me even with free shipping.
Yep, like I said. :|
Welcome to the Minitrue FDs, Ficdep

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)