Computers & Electronics

ObjectDock users ... sign in!!! This is a matter of extreme life and death.

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2004 7:42 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes

ObjectDock users ... sign in!!! This is a matter of extreme life and death.

Does anyone else use this program??? I just installed mine and I have a couple questions regarding this. Below is a screencap of what I've got right now.

[IMG]http://img102.exs.cx/img102/5039/screencap8xo.jpg[/IMG]

As you can see the ObjectDock bar is overlapped by my browers. Is that normal? When I drag my mouse over the bar it then overlaps the browser. Also notice that my browser when maximized it doesn't take up the full screen as there is a gap from the top. You can see that my Xnews appliation how ever does take up the top part of the screen. Why is that?

I noticed from other peoples screencaps that they had a Turn Off icon and Restart Icon on the bar. How do I create those shortcuts?? What's the command for it?

How do you guys navigate your computer without the taskbar?? Objectdock advises you to turn off the startbar. Gosh this is a nifty application but it just doesn't seem to work for me....I wish I could get it to work properly. Right now I've got StyleXp and Window Blinds and ObjectDock all installed. Sigh...

*edit* I noticed FireFox wasn't the only app that doesn't take up the full screen as my Mirc also does the same :(
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
10 replies
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
hehe...I have the answer for you...

Do you want to know? oooooohh....the suspense.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
chatbox wrote:hehe...I have the answer for you...

Do you want to know? oooooohh....the suspense.
I'm gonig to find out where you live. Steal your bike. Jack off and ejaculate all over it. Return it to your garage and ejaculate all over your all your door handles. :lol:
"It's a case of mind over matter. I don't mind, and you don't matter" - Bret Hart
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
:eek: OMG....

Ok, ok, I'll tell you, just leave my bike alone....

Download ShellInit from here: http://www.hawkeyetech.com/products/freeware.htm

And set up a margin. (Also remember to set the bar to be always on top)

Added: Oh, and to totally replace the taskbar, download the Startmenu replacement docklet.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
chatbox wrote: :eek: OMG....

Ok, ok, I'll tell you, just leave my bike alone....

Download ShellInit from here: http://www.hawkeyetech.com/products/freeware.htm

And set up a margin. (Also remember to set the bar to be always on top)
Thanks.

Dude how do you use this??? It wants me to write a script?? Set the bar to always on top?? My ObjectDock bar is at the bottom.
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:Thanks.

Dude how do you use this??? It wants me to write a script?? Set the bar to always on top?? My ObjectDock bar is at the bottom.
LoL..."always on top" as in the Z-order of the window (this is set from within ObjectDock).
Use ShellInit to set up the margin.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
chatbox wrote:LoL..."always on top" as in the Z-order of the window (this is set from within ObjectDock).
Use ShellInit to set up the margin.
Hmm....Ok I think I'll just run it all puct up like the way it is now :cry:

*edit* ok I got the always on top part ...
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
What are some Docklets you have insatlled for ObjectDock?? Ones that you find are very useful.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 8, 2004
5823 posts
30 upvotes
Markham
the only one that I ever use now is the systats one (screenshot.......very configurable, lots of scripts for all sorts of uses, but I just use it to keep an eye on ram/cpu usage.
Banned
Jul 13, 2003
5232 posts
7 upvotes
jollyeskimo wrote:the only one that I ever use now is the systats one (screenshot.......very configurable, lots of scripts for all sorts of uses, but I just use it to keep an eye on ram/cpu usage.
So is that a Mac you're running or PC with a skin? I noticed you still have your taskbar on the top. Man I dragged and dropped my "show desktop" icon to my Dock but it doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click it. Anybody know why?? Also how can I create a "turn off" and "restart" shortcuts???
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
Degenerate wrote:So is that a Mac you're running or PC with a skin? I noticed you still have your taskbar on the top. Man I dragged and dropped my "show desktop" icon to my Dock but it doesn't work. Nothing happens when I click it. Anybody know why?? Also how can I create a "turn off" and "restart" shortcuts???
No idea, but I use WinPlosion to handle it. Or you can use this docklet here: http://www.wincustomize.com/ViewSkin.as ... 1&LibID=29

About restart/shutdown, there's a Shutdown docklet that you can download.

Check out the site, the docklets will turn your dock into a taskbar replacement, and more.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)