Shopping Discussion

Razzle.ca - "Deal" of the Day site (Woot rip-off)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 28th, 2008 12:24 pm
Tags:
None
Feb 24, 2007
33 posts
6 upvotes
Same complaint as a lot of others here. Can't really give this as a gift now as the box is banged up and the product has clearly been opened and used before. I'll be more wary from now on...
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
Rekognize wrote: Call your CC company and file a claim.
Is it hard to get that resolved? How does it work? DO you have to provide pictures? I used my CC through paypal, does that mean I'm screwed? Will I have to PAY shipping to send it back? :mad: :mad: :mad:

This REALLY pisses me off! Razzle.ca the new scam site! Great way to start a business!
May 15, 2005
736 posts
Thanks for all your stories guys I am not going to shop at Razzle because of them. It seems to me the people that purchased the earphones got really screwed. I mean they took the chance at supporting a new business, and instead of being satisfied they got screwed. The complaints can only hurt Razzle in the future, and honestly I do not see them lasting very long if this is how they treat their customers.
Nov 23, 2007
1 posts
"
I received my headphones yesteday, and had a doubt about the condition. They look fine, they work fine. However, reading the previous posts of this forum, I wasn't sure. So I contacted Razzle (at info@razzle.ca) and received an immediate response. They told me that if there was any difference with the condition that was mentioned on the website, they would refund me uppon sending it back, according to the law.
Being myself in the retail business, I know that some suppliers don't always keep their word when they pretend selling new products. This is maybe what happened here.
Before blacklisting Razzle, you guys should contact them directly as it appear they are doing a pretty good job on following up with their customers (well , that was the case for me at least)
"
http://www.razzle.ca/?page_id=7&forumac ... 16&start=0
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
lohervine wrote: I received my headphones yesteday, and had a doubt about the condition. They look fine, they work fine. However, reading the previous posts of this forum, I wasn't sure. So I contacted Razzle (at info@razzle.ca) and received an immediate response. They told me that if there was any difference with the condition that was mentioned on the website, they would refund me uppon sending it back, according to the law.
Being myself in the retail business, I know that some suppliers don't always keep their word when they pretend selling new products. This is maybe what happened here.
Before blacklisting Razzle, you guys should contact them directly as it appear they are doing a pretty good job on following up with their customers (well , that was the case for me at least)
No, maybe not, because you STILL LOOSE MONEY! You paid your shipping and handling ONE TIME and to send it back they want you to pay S&H which will SURELY not be refunded(thats the S&H besides what you paid to receive it).
As you said also who knows if you'd get a refund upon sending it back to them.

Overall I'm pissed because after hearing all these horror stories I feel like a moron for buying anything from there, but at least I'm not alone.
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
Looks like those Razzle clowns signed up for an account on RFD under the nick RMA_RZL. Did anyone else get a PM from them?
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
Bordello wrote: Looks like those Razzle clowns signed up for an account on RFD under the nick RMA_RZL. Did anyone else get a PM from them?
I did too! RMA maybe they're going to offer RMAs through that account :D lol! Not really funny though, they send you a long winded pm. Mentioning refund and a mix up with Refurbs and New headphones with their suppliers.

So its a lottery then eh? You might get a new set, might not!

Also they give a funny line about the white tape on all the boxes being there so the boxes don't "come open" during shipping *rolls eyes* nice one!
Nov 30, 2007
1 posts
(FR version follows)

Dear Razzlers,

Coming after several emails asking about the condition of certain Sennheiser RS116s we went and investigated more thoroughly. It looks like CERTAIN products included in our batch of Sennheisers were actually refurbished. We immediately contacted our supplier to ensure that if anything like this happens again there will be immediate repercussions.

If you feel with certainty that the product you received wasn't a new pair of headphones and you would like a refund please don't hesitate to contact us at RMA@razzle.ca so we can let you know how we will be going about issuing refunds.

Keep in mind that the products were taped with a white tape put on by us to make sure that the boxes wouldn't come open in transit. The presence of this tape does not indicate whether or not the product is new or refurbished.

We are sorry to say that we can't offer replacements, but we are happy to refund anyone who feels they didn't get what they paid for in this case.

Rest assured that we're taking this problem very seriously and we're putting in place procedures to insure that this will never happen again.

For any other questions feel free to email us at info@razzle.ca

The Razzle Customer Service Team

-------------- FR Version -------------

Chers Razzleurs,
Faisant suite
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
What's funny is that in the PM they acted all surprised that there were some items (probably all) that were used and blamed it on their distributer. Did they not inspect the products when they were shipping it out? Unless they were visually impaired, they knew perfectly what the condition of the headphones were. They were just hoping that their customers would keep quiet and let them get away with selling used products as new. What a bunch of scammers.
Deal Expert
Dec 11, 2005
20136 posts
2964 upvotes
Let's all hope this site isn't run by the same jokers who tried that OffTheTruck.com fiasco.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2007
3057 posts
1504 upvotes
maybe we should do a count of people who received genuinely NEW headphones and those that received the Refurbs.

Its fraud! When you sell something as NEW and its NOT. They should be alot more sorry and scared. To make right their wrong they'll have to pay for shipping the headphones BACK to them also!
Deal Addict
May 10, 2006
1718 posts
4 upvotes
lohervine wrote: I received my headphones yesteday, and had a doubt about the condition. They look fine, they work fine. However, reading the previous posts of this forum, I wasn't sure. So I contacted Razzle (at info@razzle.ca) and received an immediate response. They told me that if there was any difference with the condition that was mentioned on the website, they would refund me uppon sending it back, according to the law.
Dude, come on... you obviously work for Razzle ;)

But I will give them a second chance. It could have been worse, I suppose.
Deal Expert
Oct 20, 2001
18709 posts
1326 upvotes
Sauga
mrG wrote: Dude, come on... you obviously work for Razzle ;)
Haha. Busted!
lohervine's IP address is the same as RMA-RZL's.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
2276 posts
47 upvotes
Rehan wrote: Haha. Busted!
Rehan, this is ridiculous!

I was spammed via PM from razzle customer service. So aside from the dishonesty exhibited so far, they are also using the forum as a way to conduct their business.

I say ban.
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3445 posts
8 upvotes
Scarborough
Rehan wrote: Haha. Busted!
lol busted x2.

By the way...