Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Locked: $2 just for signing up at GreatCanadianrebates.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2006 9:04 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 2, 2005
253 posts
15 upvotes
Hello again,
Does anyone know if:
1. we get the $20 rebate from zip.ca if we only sign up for the two week free trial?

2. also how long it takes for the movies to arrive at your house as soon as you've ordered them?

3. how many movies can you rent during the 2 week free trial?

edit: answers to question 2 and 3: http://service.zip.ca/cgi-bin/zip.cfg/p ... _topview=1

4. can you sign up for the 8 dvd plan while on the 2 week free trial? ie you'll rent 8 dvds all at the same time.

ps: Rogers Video Direct is also offering a 2 week free trial with a $16 mail in rebate from www.greatcanadianrebates.ca .
Deal Addict
May 30, 2006
1749 posts
4 upvotes
ssgef wrote: Hello again,
Does anyone know if:
1. we get the $20 rebate from zip.ca if we only sign up for the two week free trial?

2. also how long it takes for the movies to arrive at your house as soon as you've ordered them?

3. how many movies can you rent during the 2 week free trial?

edit: answers to question 2 and 3: http://service.zip.ca/cgi-bin/zip.cfg/p ... _topview=1

4. can you sign up for the 8 dvd plan while on the 2 week free trial? ie you'll rent 8 dvds all at the same time.

ps: Rogers Video Direct is also offering a 2 week free trial with a $16 mail in rebate from www.greatcanadianrebates.ca .

I believe you need to pay for at least one month to get the rebate. Rogers Video Direct and ZIP are almost identical. If you sign up for one, you will not qualify for the free trial period on the other (they are linked). I had been a zip member and I saw the deal for rogers through GCR and got denied when I tried to sign up. You will probably only get 1 (max 2) mailings during your 2 weeks free for something like 4-8 DVDs. You'll probably have to watch the last ones in a rush to get them back on time because you only have 1 week to return after you cancel (they must receive them within a week). People closer to shipping centres than me would probably have better results. I enjoyed the zip service but stopped watching much TV. You'll probably also be dissapointed and not getting the DVDs you want when you want them.

On another note, I have signed up for 1 or 2 things via GCR where I thought I wouldn't get the rebate and I did so YMMV depending on the offer.
Jan 22, 2006
446 posts
1 upvote
sjweyman wrote: I believe you need to pay for at least one month to get the rebate. .
Nope. I signup up for the Rogers free trial thru GCR, and cancelled after the trial and still got my money.
I had already been a member of zip, so I wasn't supposed to do both free rebates but I changed names and addressses slightly and used the zip too, and got both free movie trials and money back from greatcanadianrebates.

Enjoy!
Welcome to the Jungle: 4 Cats and 4 Kids
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
Badger wrote: From what I see there, its only 2 week trial from the GreatCanadianRebates website.

Would have been a hot deal =D
don't remember, but i think that deal was a while back...

perhaps they've changed it to only 2wk trial now...
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 10, 2003
6610 posts
1979 upvotes
Toronto
the site is very slow and sometimes get to the page not found screen
Deal Guru
May 13, 2004
11471 posts
559 upvotes
Toronto
I posted this as a "Hot Deals" thread since it looks like you get percentages back from buying from places like Apple, etc.

The "freebie" part didn't occur to me so I didn't look here in this forum.

It's still a deal for getting cashback via percentages, it seems. Would be nice to hear from those from whom this works before getting involved.
Sep 3, 2004
390 posts
8 upvotes
Hmmm... anyone signed up using an email that is different from their paypal email and still got paid?
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2005
17068 posts
1830 upvotes
Thornhill
p51dray wrote: Hmmm... anyone signed up using an email that is different from their paypal email and still got paid?
No idea... they didn't even ask for your paypal info on GCR... I ended up changing my paypal info to match what I used in GCR.

bjl
What we do in life echoes in Eternity... and in Google cache.
RFD discounts for Schluter products
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2006
3481 posts
404 upvotes
Downtown Canada
Is there some kind of referral bonus for existing members? I was just about to sign up and saw the "I was referred by" box. Anyone care to try (PM)?

:cool:

EDIT: Got one, thanks to all who replied!
Deal Guru
Aug 17, 2002
13524 posts
4710 upvotes
Tri-Cities (BC)
i have signed up 3 weeks ago and i have gotten $33.xx in my account as rebates already
=^.^= Past Wins:
[2019] SFL: 1 Year / [2021] Sbux Summer: 1 Week Bakery, Flipp Appinions: IOGO Survey, $20 GC
[2022] Sbux Summer: $100 e-Gift Card, SFL: 100 Stars
[2023] Sbux Summer: Multiple GCs totaling $135 (family), SFL: $20 GC
Deal Fanatic
Jun 19, 2001
9537 posts
3186 upvotes
Quadcats wrote: Nope. I signup up for the Rogers free trial thru GCR, and cancelled after the trial and still got my money.
I had already been a member of zip, so I wasn't supposed to do both free rebates but I changed names and addressses slightly and used the zip too, and got both free movie trials and money back from greatcanadianrebates.

Enjoy!
How different did you make the address? Doesn't it need to be the same as the credit card?
If you aren't willing to take small losses, then you will take big losses. This is my guarantee. -
Mark Minervini
Jan 22, 2006
446 posts
1 upvote
I changed Crescent to Cr.

So, if there is a Credit Card Check, it does match.

I also used my name and credit card instead of using my husbands name and his credit card which was on the original zip.ca membership. And I got the Rogers Direct free 2 week plus the GCR $16.00. Easy as pie.
Welcome to the Jungle: 4 Cats and 4 Kids
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
BestOffer wrote: i have signed up 3 weeks ago and i have gotten $33.xx in my account as rebates already
wow wtf?

how did you retrieve so much in just 3 wks?
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 28, 2006
5031 posts
14065 upvotes
Winnipeg
You can earn a maximum of $1.25/day with the eBay rebate. In a 30 day month, that works out to $37.50 or;
$456.25 for the whole year Excellent!!! :D :D :D :D
Deal Fanatic
Oct 28, 2006
5031 posts
14065 upvotes
Winnipeg
Does anyone know how long it takes for the rebate amount to show up in your account? :?:

TIA.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6207 posts
113 upvotes
Ottawa
If anyone wants to put me as a referral, I'd appreciate it!
skanji (at) gmail (dot) com

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)