Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

^

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 3rd, 2006 9:42 pm
Tags:
None
Nov 6, 2003
49 posts
Montreal
Does anyone have the link for this item on the BestBuy website? I can't seem to find it at the $19.99 price, just the regular price. Is this an in-store special? Thanks.
Deal Addict
Apr 21, 2002
2654 posts
2 upvotes
jzemel wrote:Does anyone have the link for this item on the BestBuy website? I can't seem to find it at the $19.99 price, just the regular price. Is this an in-store special? Thanks.

FRIDAY SALE
Nov 6, 2003
49 posts
Montreal
Thanks. I thought I read it was suppose to start today. My mistake. I'll check the deal out tomorrow.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2005
1654 posts
144 upvotes
Toronto
D-Sisive wrote:correction

burners only burn images/text on disc made for

LabelFlash
LightScribe
DiscT@2

these printable dvds are for equipment such as epson r series printers
are these printers any good?
Nov 22, 2003
841 posts
10 upvotes
Ogata wrote:Whats with this "Printable" DVD/CD +/- R media? How is this different from any other basic media thats out? Easier to use a CD Stomper on?
It's not recommended to stomp a DVD. Apparently it can raise the number of read errors because the disk is not well balanced after you put a sticker on it. Printable or Lightscribe DVD's don't suffer from this.
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2003
11234 posts
3800 upvotes
Richmond Hill
jzemel wrote:Thanks. I thought I read it was suppose to start today. My mistake. I'll check the deal out tomorrow.
they usually update the *checkout* price right after 11pm EST ;)
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
dealers wrote:How are the DVD media compare to other DVD?
It's Memorex.... they send their contracts to the lowest bidders. Their media varies from batch to batch and sometimes disc to disc.
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3130 posts
1 upvote
dealmeister wrote:just got the BB flyer in my weekly paper- BB will be having memorex 100disc printable dvd+/-R's on sale starting friday for $19.99 = $15.49 @ FS after 110% PM. BB also will have a labtec wireless keyboard mouse combo for $10 AR.
these?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/catalog/proddetai ... atid=20032
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
dealmeister wrote:i've come across both cmc & ritek codes for memorex 16X brand....cmc earlier & ritek more recently.....
so DD, is the cmc code > riteks??
Well, RITEKR05 has been seen to do quite well on some drives (a lot like Optodisc's 16x DVD+Rs).... but I'm not sure if that's what will be found in them. RITEKF1 is really pretty bad... I'd take CMCMAGAM3 over it for sure.
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
3130 posts
1 upvote
'[buck wrote:']*NO* (...well, maybe 16x TY :-0 )

If you insist on cheap media, the Imations would probably be a somewhat better choice.
ok thanks, i will do more research and get some 8x ty from blankmedia.

btw did rfd every get a sticky of the best media eg top 3 list? we need one. i have no clue cmc, different font types on cases,etc. land of confusion! :razz:
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2005
1705 posts
1031 upvotes
MB
Can you price match online at Futureshop for these DVD's, if so ,How ? Do i buy them at futureshop.ca first then pm somehow the Bestbuy price.
Feb 2, 2005
329 posts
19 upvotes
'[buck wrote:']*NO* (...well, maybe 16x TY :-0 )

If you insist on cheap media, the Imations would probably be a somewhat better choice.
The Imations at my Futureshop were MII (india), so I have no idea how you would judge that in relation to MIT's.....
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
The Digital Dolphin wrote:I can tell you this easily, NO ONE is making any money on those!
hm... that's funny... not even FS/BB?

they always like to rip off customers whenever they can... so i find it hard to believe that they don't make any profit on these :D

--------------
HotDealsRock wrote:Futureshop has imations for the same price starting tomorrow
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/prodde ... atid=12501

how good are these imations compared to the memorex
leaving it to the pros to comment on it (aka DD etc :D )
those aren't IJP discs tho... :!:
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
ktokes12 wrote:Can you price match online at Futureshop for these DVD's, if so ,How ? Do i buy them at futureshop.ca first then pm somehow the Bestbuy price.
buy it online at FS.ca 1st, then phone-in their online CS center and request for a PM - they'll get back to you w/n 2-3 biz days (usually)

however, considering the s/h charges, it's prbly better off if u PMed instore....
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2004
5799 posts
2638 upvotes
Toronto
Alright, I just came back from FS.
The Imatioin discs +/- have manufacturing code of OPTODISCR016.

which is better the Imation or Memorex?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)