Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
NCIX

SPONSORED: Grand Upgrade Sale 2 @ NCIX Now Up! Cash NCIX Points for Free Shipping!

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2006 8:41 pm
Tags:
None
Banned
Aug 2, 2005
290 posts
Does [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] give any price protection ?

Because I just bought this last week for double the sale price.
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The Digital Dolphin wrote:Oooooo..... Someone is going to get an unhappy phone call today.

There was SUPPOSED to be like 8 different blank media items going up, including some DVD+R for once!!
DD, I'm worried about you.

Why?

Because it seems like [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] isn't giving you much attention and ain't really listening to your remarks.

DVD+R.. would that be TY DVD+Rs?

BTW, is there a special reason why Maxell doesn't make +R Plus?
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
2607 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
Jon Lai wrote:DD, I'm worried about you.

Why?

Because it seems like [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] isn't giving you much attention and ain't really listening to your remarks.

There really isn't much of a market for it... although it would be nice.

DVD+R as a format is quite unpopular in professional circles.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
spfdz wrote:Does [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] give any price protection ?

Because I just bought this last week for double the sale price.
they do have PP, but if ur orders already shipped, they usually don't.... u could try and request for it but i'd doubt they would
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

PEPSI IPOD WINNER on xmas.... what a SWEET christmas present!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
Jon Lai wrote:DD, I'm worried about you.

Why?

Well, my regular contact at [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] was away, so I went with a different person. We chatted for a bit and I made lot's of suggestions. The *ONLY* suggestion that made it onto the sale was the Acro Circle 8x DVD-Rs. There was supposed to be Acro Circle 8x DVD+Rs, TY Printable DVD-Rs, and lot's of Maxell Plus Series DVD-Rs.

I did make the unhappy phone call to [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] as promised, but I can't do much more then complain about it at this point. Next week my regular contact will be back, and we'll make sure something good happens. Actually, there should be a couple of really good things available by then ;)
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
49008 posts
10301 upvotes
Richmond Hill
'[buck wrote:']There really isn't much of a market for it... although it would be nice.

DVD+R as a format is quite unpopular in professional circles.
That's interesting to know. I'm obviously "unprofessional" then since DVD+R is by far the only format I've used and bought.

Is there any special reason why though? I've burnt -Rs before (just never bought them) and with my dvd burning career I've seen better performances with +Rs than with similar -R models.
Tons of things for sale!
Silver Coins and Numismatics | Heatware
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
The Digital Dolphin wrote: I did make the unhappy phone call to [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] as promised, but I can't do much more then complain about it at this point. Next week my regular contact will be back, and we'll make sure something good happens. Actually, there should be a couple of really good things available by then ;)
yeah i guess u should not hint to us what's gonna come up for sale now...

after all, it's supposed to be a "surprise spcl" ;)
MJM
- MJ = mahjong - a chinese game involving LOTS of strategy/skills and the smarts to win!
- M = maniac - just simply CRAZY about this game... i'd play it 24/7 if i had the time!

"I'll be here... I'll be 'waiting'... here... I'll be waiting... for you... so if you come here... you'll find me... I promise..." - FF VIII - FAN of the FF series ever since the beginning.

Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1418 posts
495 upvotes
Toronto
Yah, the web designer must have been away with DD's regular contact.
sxz wrote:What a GTA rip off! :razz:
Deal Expert
Mar 25, 2003
17147 posts
5655 upvotes
Markham
Does anyone have this one??
nGear 4 Port USB 2.0 HI-SPEED Hub W/ AC Adapter $9.99

can you tell me if the casing is metal? or is plastic?

Aug 26, 2004
503 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
almostfreeman wrote:I am considering adding some ram. I know I need DDR pc 3200 but I'm not sure what the CL #'s mean.... :confused:
The CL is a timing rating for RAM, just like the PC3200 is a speed rating. I can link up some RAM guides if you are interested, but basically the lower the numbers, the 'tighter the timing', the better the performance. However, for the vast majority of people, it doesn't make a huge difference, it really only matters to those that want bragging rights or want to be able to do some serious overclocking.

If you are buying more RAM to add to your computer, you probably won't know what the original stuff is rated at, so even if you buy faster RAM its only going to operate at the slower rated stuff. I'd suggest trying to get something like 3-3-3-x (the last number isn't as important) or lower, unless you're going for DDR2 then as you can see, its harder (and a lot more expensive) to buy lower rated stuff.

I bought some 2-2-2-5 OCZ the other year and I love it, and its great for overclocking, but in hindsight, it was well over twice as expensive as alternatives and part of me can't help but think the I would have gotten more bang for the buck doubling the amount of RAM I had vs. buying faster RAM (or with tighter timings, as its referred to).

Its a tough choice. My reccomendation is to do a few google searches with the brand and model you have in mind, along with the motherboard you currently have in your computer, just to make sure that there aren't any real problems (back in the day, nforce2 boards didn't like GEIL RAM all that much, although YMMV), and if you want to buy two sticks to run dual, its a better bet to buy a matched pair. In reality you probably won't run into problems, but its not really any pricier and once in a while two individual sticks will not play well together. The brands that [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=28]NCIX[/rfdlink] has on sale this week are all good names too, which is nice.

Hope that makes things a bit clearer. Let me know if you need any other help.
Aug 26, 2004
503 posts
7 upvotes
Vancouver
Lalalalalalalafontaine wrote:Btw, anyone have experience with the MS Comfort USB Keyboard + USB 4-way scroll mouse for $23 ? http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php? ... =Microsoft
I've bought a few for my clients in the past little while and they all seem to like them. The curve is slightly ergonomic so I assume its a little easier on the hands but its not like a full split keyboard so there's no learning curve when switching to it. The keys are nice to press, not too clicky or mushy. The mouse doesn't have a thumb button though, which is my main complaint with it.

For $23, its hard to go wrong.
Deal Expert
Nov 11, 2004
62810 posts
364 upvotes
Keigotw wrote:Does anyone have this one??

http://img.ncix.com/images/17272_Port.jpg
the outer casing looks plastic to me...
MJM

Deal Fanatic
Jul 30, 2003
5010 posts
2 upvotes
Vancouver B.C.
Jon Lai wrote:That's interesting to know. I'm obviously "unprofessional" then since DVD+R is by far the only format I've used and bought.

Is there any special reason why though? I've burnt -Rs before (just never bought them) and with my dvd burning career I've seen better performances with +Rs than with similar -R models.
Well, do you work in any professional industry? Most consumers have a VERY hard time understanding the professional market, and vice versa.

You have to remember something here. DVD-R came first, by a significant margin. A lot of professionals started with DVD-RA (DVD-R for authoring), and then moved to DVD-R for general purpose. When 2x DVD-Rs came out, DVD+RW finally arrived, as a Data only format. Then, before 4x DVD-Rs hit the market, DVD+RW made a surprise switch and created DVD+R, and the option of a video format. By this time, most companies had already bought into DVD-R, and didn't want to switch to a whole new thing (remember there were no dual format drives yet!). By the point where DVD+R finally reached the same compatability level as DVD-R (with the help of bitsetting, which most professionals can't do for various reasons), nobody saw any reason to both switching to it, since it was really a very equivilant product to DVD-R only, and offered nothing as a serious advantage.

Now *SOME* companies WILL order DVD+R, usually in VERY small quantities, just as an option for some of their niche clients. Since, like say with Apple computers, there are some VERY serious die hard DVD+RW Alliance fans out there, who really bought into the propaganda from the beginning, sometimes companies have to make exceptions. But on the whole, DVD-R is the accepted format and standard of the professional world. Whereas in the consumer world in North America, DVD-R outsells DVD+R by 10 to 1, in the professional world, the ratio is actually greater then 1000 to 1.
Current DVD Burner Suggestion? Stick with Pioneer
Current suggested recordable media?
CD-Rs = Maxell CD-R Pro, Verbatim Datalife+, Falcon Media Pro
DVD
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2002
1163 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Keigotw wrote:Does anyone have this one??

[img]http://img.ncix.com/images/17272_Port.jpg[img]
Its plastic. I got one and it looks like it might crack if you drop it. :lol:

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)