• Sep 8th, 2009 11:05 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1506 posts
135 upvotes

Ps3 repair shop?

Hi guys, ps3 just got the yellow light of death and was wondering if there is a repair shop in Toronto that woudl fix it? Because i would prefer that rather than paying 200$ to get it fixed from sony. Damn =/ this is the second time that it has happened to me.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 4, 2008
4415 posts
532 upvotes
cruisx wrote: Hi guys, ps3 just got the yellow light of death and was wondering if there is a repair shop in Toronto that woudl fix it? Because i would prefer that rather than paying 200$ to get it fixed from sony. Damn =/ this is the second time that it has happened to me.
you can get it fixed for free if your willing to be patient. Use email and nothing else and keep making your case for a free repair (especially considering that its the second time). When you reach the highest manager or rep, they will most likely still say no, and at this point forward all those emails and series of exchanges to your local newspapers customer affairs/issues column/editorial. In my case i sent it to the star and managed to get my ps3 repair charge waived.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2004
2689 posts
515 upvotes
Kyle Moffat, PlayStation Canada's PR flak doesn't like negative press...make sure you copy him on anything you send to the media.

Phone: Kyle Moffatt, Sony Computer Entertainment
Canada, (416) 791-4060

Email: kyle_moffatt@playstation.sony.com
Banned
Apr 15, 2006
4572 posts
126 upvotes
Chatham
Can you tell us how you setup the PS3? Is there any air ventilation?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
1506 posts
135 upvotes
ya sure, its sitting in an open space with plent of room to breathe. I have no idea why it happened the second time. This is really dumb, and i have to give over 200$ =/ heck man with another 100 i could buy a slim but the point is that they should fix it for free if it hapens to u twice. Anyway ill try what you guys recomended and try to give some bad press to sony =/
Dec 28, 2008
631 posts
151 upvotes
Rural Ontario
cruisx wrote: Hi guys, ps3 just got the yellow light of death and was wondering if there is a repair shop in Toronto that woudl fix it? Because i would prefer that rather than paying 200$ to get it fixed from sony. Damn =/ this is the second time that it has happened to me.
You can always go to: MTC in Whitby. http://www.mtcservice.com/customer/playstation.php

Sorry to hear that you are going through a YLOD again.