Bought a 1991 Civic Si today

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2011 5:02 pm
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2032 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
My 1991 civic si rear tail light garnish was a bit scratched up and the civic decal starting to wear off a bit.. I managed to buy the last available rear center tail light garnish (with silver civic decal) in Canada. This is from a 1989 civic Si, Part # 75520-SH3-960
The 90-91 civic si for some reason now come with the black 'civic' decal instead of the OEM silver. Dunno why Honda changed it !

:)

black 90-91 'civic' decal

Deal Fanatic
Dec 3, 2007
5920 posts
51 upvotes
GT-eh
Robb wrote: My 1991 civic si rear tail light garnish was a bit scratched up and the civic decal starting to wear off a bit.. I managed to buy the last available rear center tail light garnish (with silver civic decal) in Canada. This is from a 1989 civic Si, Part # 75520-SH3-960
The 90-91 civic si for some reason now come with the black 'civic' decal instead of the OEM silver. Dunno why Honda changed it !

:)

black 90-91 'civic' decal

How much did that part costs you?
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13027 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
Man, how do you find all this mint OEM stuff?!

ps: don't tell
Deal with it.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2032 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
user01 wrote: How much did that part costs you?
cheaper than retail... I get close to Honda cost. :)
KorruptioN wrote: Man, how do you find all this mint OEM stuff?!

ps: don't tell
Simple, I look up the part # on the Internet, make a phonecall to the Honda dealership.
Aug 7, 2005
677 posts
19 upvotes
if anyone looks up this douche on google - you'll find he's *****'d his EF's all over the place.

porche forums
bmw forums

and the list goes on.

on another site, there was a compiled list of forums he spammed/trolled his car on. it was around 30-40 - and 95% of which were not honda related.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2003
4857 posts
880 upvotes
Vancity
Nic0tine wrote: if anyone looks up this douche on google - you'll find he's *****'d his EF's all over the place.

porche forums
bmw forums

and the list goes on.

on another site, there was a compiled list of forums he spammed/trolled his car on. it was around 30-40 - and 95% of which were not honda related.
This is uncalled for.

Any any true car enthusiast worth a damn would admire the great condition this 18 year old car has been kept in, as well as the attention to detail (engine cleaning) and quality of parts (Honda antifreeze, new OEM rear valence) the owner has for it.

Go back to watching Fast and Furious.
Aug 7, 2005
677 posts
19 upvotes
sonick wrote: This is uncalled for.

Any any true car enthusiast worth a damn would admire the great condition this 18 year old car has been kept in, as well as the attention to detail (engine cleaning) and quality of parts (Honda antifreeze, new OEM rear valence) the owner has for it.

Go back to watching Fast and Furious.
yah, keep your generalizations up...good idea.

not uncalled for.

there's a difference between loving your car - and being flat out annoying.

do you REALLY think guys on porche sites, viper sites, BMW M3 sites - really care about a near oem 1991 honda?

LOL

if you only truly knew about this guy, and the years of history and his bad attitude at shows/meets - you'd understand.

i appreciate any loved car, but - you don't know the entire story.

google is your friend ;)

on another note, he's trolling on here (in a for sale section) - because no one on tcc/jdmr/gtcars/etc etc etc cares anymore.

do some reasearch before saying it's uncalled for.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2032 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
I've been a member on probably 20 car forums over the passed 10 years and owned a few european (BMW e30 M3) and a few Japanese cars.
Yes I posted this car on probably 8-10 chat forums some ... what is the big deal ?
I must be a true 88-91 crx/civic enthusiast maybe..?
Dec 12, 2007
774 posts
3 upvotes
Nanaimo
Robb wrote: I've been a member on probably 20 car forums over the passed 10 years and owned a few european (BMW e30 M3) and a few Japanese cars.
Yes I posted this car on probably 8-10 chat forums some ... what is the big deal ?
I must be a true 88-91 crx/civic enthusiast maybe..?
I mean, it's kinda extreme but yes I guess that would make you a true enthusiast.

You should post pics of the other cars you've owned... Were they as nice?
Aug 7, 2005
677 posts
19 upvotes
TT333 wrote: I mean, it's kinda extreme but yes I guess that would make you a true enthusiast.

You should post pics of the other cars you've owned... Were they as nice?
there's an awesome video of him doing dumb shinanigans and his poor driving skills on a youtube vid somewhere.

i'll find it.....watch this thread for an update :P
Deal Guru
Sep 3, 2003
13027 posts
2269 upvotes
Toronto
I like what this guy has posted - I used to have one of these cars. It was great to drive and I miss it. At least he's keeping everything to one thread. If you don't want to follow it, there's only one thread you can avoid. Calling the guy a douche is uncalled for, I think.

He's a gearhead with a little bit of OCD, that's all.
Deal with it.
Deal Addict
Dec 25, 2006
2032 posts
120 upvotes
Toronto
zzz3 wrote: awesome, but i cant believe he said he liked the styling of the crosstour lol...
ya .. crosstour is ugly as sin.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 26, 2008
7022 posts
2907 upvotes
Victoria, BC
Robb wrote: timing belt replacement is not an issue at all.... once every 5-6 years.
Actually, the original belt lasted 19 years on the civic until I changed it.

This thread has legs.

I'm still wondering about the timing belt being original.
Here is where Bill mentioned changing it (see last para.), but he could have been using literary licence:
http://www.motoringtv.com/why-are-domes ... in-p127257

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)