MBNA has introduced a new offer on the MBNA SonyCard MasterCard -- you get a free Sony Internet Player with Google TV after you make qualifying purchases totalling $150. On top of the great welcome offer, there's no annual fee, and you get 2000 Sony points after your first qualifying purchase, . Here's a closer look at the card features:
- No annual fee
- 1.99% annual interest rate (AIR) on balance transfers, access cheques and deposits for the first 6 full months
- Earn Sony Points with every qualifying purchase made on your SonyCard MasterCard credit card
- Earn Double Sony points with every qualifying purchase of Sony products at sony.ca or Sony store
- Earn 2,000 bonus Sony Points after your first qualifying purchase.
- Total household income of $35,000 or greater required for card eligibility
The Sony Internet Player with Google TV currently retails for $199.99 at Sony.ca (and at the Sony store) so that's a huge sign-up incentive. Note that that to get the Internet Player, the qualifying puchases need to be made by November 30, 2012 to qualify. Our understanding is that there is are no restrictions on what the purchases totalling $150 must be.