We've talked about this card a lot in the past, but if you're newly looking for a rewards credit card or travel rewards credit card, Capital One has one of the best options available in the form of the Capital One Aspire Travel World MasterCard. It comes with a lot of perks and offers great flexibility. Here's a look at the primary features:
- $120 annual fee
- 2 miles per $1 spent on all purchases (including travel that you redeem points on)
- sign-up bonus of 35,000 miles when you make your first purchase
- anniversary bonus of 10,000 miles annually
- extended warranties and price protection
- World MasterCard benefits, including Travel Emergency Medical Insurance and Trip Cancellation Insurance
- option to redeem reward miles for cash or gift cards
- annual interest rate of Prime +16.8%
The annual 10,000 reward miles bonus takes care of most of the $120 annual fee (leaving $20) and the robust travel insurance is a big enticement. The sign-up bonus is definitely pretty juicy as well. Reward miles can be put toward a wide variety of travel costs -- flights, hotels, vacation packages, train, bus, cruises, and car rentals.
Overall, it's a very versatile travel rewards card. If you are careful about how you redeem miles, you can have a return rate around 2%. If you want to simplify things, you can also cash out your miles and get a return of 1.5% cash back. Put that together with the other perks like travel insurances, extended warranties, and price protection and you have a card that is definitely worth checking out.
To do more research, check out the RedFlagDeals.com Credit Card Comparison Tool.
The interest rates, fees, rewards details, benefits and other details of the Capital One product(s) described in the article may have changed since the time of publication. Please consult the product information pages on the Capital One website for accurate product details. In the event of any conflict between the product details in this article and the Capital One website, the details on the Capital One website shall prevail.