If you're in the market for a new Visa credit card, there's a good option available to you from Amazon.ca. The Amazon.ca Rewards Visa Card from Chase has no annual fee, cash back, a $20 sign up bonus redeemable on Amazon.ca, and more. Here are the details:
- $20 Amazon.ca Gift Certificate will be instantly loaded into your Amazon.ca account upon approval
- No Foreign Currency Transaction Fees: Use your card when shopping outside of Canada and pay no foreign conversion fees
- No Annual Fee
- Earn 2 points per $1 spent at Amazon.ca
- Earn 1 point per $1 spent everywhere else your card is accepted
- Every 2,000 points earned are automatically redeemed for cash back as a $20 statement credit.
- 19.99% annual interest rate for purchases and cash advances
If, like us, you're curious about the "no foreign currency transaction fees" point, here's the official explanation -- "Foreign currency transactions are converted at the exchange rate set by Visa International, without additional surcharges." This is a great perk! For most other credit cards you would end up paying an additional 2.5% fee, so the savings could be significant if you make a lot of US dollar transactions.
The rewards are pretty solid if you do a lot of shopping at Amazon.ca. When you take into account the up front $20 bonus, zero annual fee, and the variety of consumer goods Amazon.ca sells (which would qualify for 2% cash back), this is pretty compelling. We think the cash back being automatically applied as statement credits also makes things a lot simpler.
All in all, we're happy to see more competitive Visa credit cards made available to Canadians!